Chapter 3: The Red Capital
10 2 1
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

The aasimar race is one of the most intelligent races found in Essear. They were said to be descended from celestial beings and have ancient customs.

This is also why, throughout the race's long history, the value of bloodlines has always been at the forefront.

Even so, the race's homeland has always been fragmented into innumerable little states administered by indigenous kings, and it has never been united.

But that all changed around 6000 years ago when Elidyr the Enlightened commanded his forces and gradually conquered and united the aasimar race, establishing an empire.

Since then, the empire has crumbled, giving rise to the modern age of the four major kingdoms.

Ravalar is one of the four great kingdoms of the Aasimar race. They were historically weak, and their entire battle strength was poor in comparison to the other nations.

When the Red King, Celaden Ravalar, took power, he mobilized his troops, reorganized the army's structure, and commanded an army full of talented people.

His momentum was unstoppable, and, unlike the other kings, he was an excellent warrior. Many predicted him to be the next conqueror of the kingdoms of Aasimar, but he abruptly halted his campaigns one day and has been silent to this day.

***

1937 NA (new age)

Aeltun was the capital of the kingdom of Ravalar but was commonly by the people as the red capital.

It was also easy to see why the city was given its name.

To put it mildly, the city was red and bright. Red was practically ubiquitous; from the streets to the residences, it was used to decorate everything. No matter which street you may turn to, it had the same red color as the theme, as did the parks and the public places.

Even the street vendors selling food inside the city gates had stalls decorated in red.

Not to mention the royal estate. It was massive and spanned throughout the city. It had palaces, historic halls, castles, mansions, and even temples. The royals were the ones that placed the most emphasis on preserving the capital's distinctiveness.

But the current mood of the capital was nothing like the usual. There were no street vendors on the streets and the entire capital looked deserted.

One could see people of the Ravalar royal guard patrolling the streets and keeping order. It was a war-like situation and the situation seemed tense.

The attack on the queen by the rebels on the sea was the catalyst for this tense situation.

Drip...Drip...Drip

The emerald-colored sky above suddenly filled with dark clouds and began to rain.

"Ah! You've got to be kidding me!"

An elderly man with unkempt red hair and a shabby cloak ran across the harbor.

A golden ship appeared in front of him, richly decorated and with a long history. But it now appeared to be a total mess, half-destroyed, and in a pitiful state.

A group of passengers was crossing the ship through a ramp while it was docked in the harbor.

They all looked awful, their clothes were in tatters, and they were all injured or dragging the deceased with them.

"It's the queen's entourage! There's no doubt about that."

The old man was certain, so he approached cautiously and bowed before the group.

"The red capital has been waiting for your return, Your Majesty! We've all been anxious over the last several days, and the days have been filled with uncertainty. But we are all relieved that you have returned safely."

But before he could finish, a piercing voice filled with both rage and anguish cut him off.

"Pray? What was the point of praying? We all fought till the end and murdered all of the rebels! However, when we returned, the ship was too damaged to continue traveling, and no reinforcements were brought to us."

A guy with just one eye came to the front, grabbed the old man by the throat, and murmured into his ear.

"Baithe, we have been abandoned! We lost so many people on the way back, so many who could have been saved. We all have a right to expect an answer here!"

Baithe stated calmly, "It is not my place to respond, ser Egnor. It is the king's responsibility, and you will get it when we arrive at the palace."

"Your Majesty, allow us to return." Egnor let go of the man and bowed to the far rear of the group.

A woman stood there wearing a lovely red veil and holding a baby who was wrapped in red satin fabric.

She said nothing but went forward with everyone as they made their way to the king's palace.

The roads remained deserted, with shining stones illuminating the streets and lighting up the environment.

The tone was solemn as they made their way through the rain to the royal estate's entrance.

As they made their way to the palace, they were surrounded by old sculptures and fascinating décor.

Buzz! Bang! Buzz! Bang! Buzz! Bang!

Sounds of drums and other instruments could be heard from the palace as they got closer.

When the many nobles and owners of regions from throughout the kingdom gathered at the king's court, it was an old practice of the aasimar race to sound the instruments.

Nevertheless, it was not carried out in a sad or dangerous situation.

When they arrived at the palace, they were all told to go to the throne room and leave the injured and dead to the care of the royal servants.

Murals illustrating the many eras of the aasimarian race's history were painted throughout the dimly lit ancient hall.

It was the largest indoor room that most people would ever see in their lifetime, exquisitely designed, and well-lit.

The Scarlet Heart.

At the far end of the hall, there was an elevated circular platform with a throne on it.

This throne had a vivid crimson hue and was enormous in size. Furthermore, the throne appeared to be formed of tree wood, and the throne stretched upwards into the air in the shape of roots.

Blood oozed from holes in the walls behind the throne to the platform, slowly dripping down to the shallow gutter below it.

Additionally, the wood appeared to possess unique qualities since it gradually absorbed the blood running through it for many centuries.

Murmur...Murmur...Murmur... Murmur

The aristocrats gathered here appeared to be discussing something on their own as they waited for the gathering to begin.

"Her Majesty, Queen Eariel Ravalar has arrived!"

The arrival of the queen and her entourage at court was proclaimed by the court herald.

Tranquility descended as the entire assembly stood in silence.

Then there was nothing.

No one sat atop the throne, and no one appeared to be approaching.

The entire scenario grew strange and embarrassing for everyone in the large hall.

A soldier could be seen running to a balcony somewhere in the castle.

It was pouring heavily on the palace's open balcony, and a man sat in the midst of the downpour.

He was dressed in translucent white robes with no apparent ornamentation other than a crystal crown sitting on top of his head.

He appeared majestic, with loose silver hair with a black tint and a small goatee at his chin. He didn't look young and was well into his forties, with a scar at the edge of his brows.

The king sat comfortably on a chair, staring at the sky, and holding a sword that he was polishing without even looking at it.

"Lord, the queen has arrived at the court! She is carrying the prince, so we must go to the imperial court."

As soon as the soldier reached the balcony doors, he notified the king.

"There is no need. You must return. I'll handle this on my own." As soon as the soldier finished speaking, the king's words reached his ears.

But before he knew it, he'd been magically transported to the corridor, where he could see the king still resting peacefully on the balcony.

Meanwhile, at the imperial court, tensions were rising when a thunderous voice rang out.

"He will be known as Alar Ravalar. Celaden Ravalar's ninth child and the fourth Ravalar prince."

That was the end of the matter. There would be no more debate on the subject.

This was the king's edict as well as the kingdom's will.

The court suddenly erupted! The queen was literally attacked by an enemy and nearly died while giving birth to their son.

The king had humiliated the queen so deeply that he did not even appear in person.

Instead of retorting, the queen simply turned away and placed the prince in the hands of a nearby maid.

She then walked away and returned to her quarters.

Although no one could see it, tears were already streaming from the queen's eyes...

In the midst of the chaos at the court, there was an infant in the hands of a maid, witnessing everything.

Paul Brown, the outsider from another world!

The fourth prince has arrived.

1