Chapter 9: Soul Matrix
9 0 0
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

The big event has been over for two years. The capital had long since returned to normalcy, and the numerous nobles who had come to attend it had returned to their lands. Even Paul's siblings have departed the capital, returning to their regions and strongholds one by one. Apart from Paul, only the three princesses were present at the palace.

However, they spend most of their time alone, rarely engaging with others. Fortunately, this meant Paul could devote more time to his studies and learn more about the world he lived in.

For example, in Essear, there were two continents. Elion, where Paul and the Ravalar kingdom were located, and Alaric, to the west.

Elion was a continent rich in riches and great technology, and the races here were known as Pure races since they had a long history and were highly powerful. The continent was mostly peaceful, and kingdoms were founded among the numerous races. The aasimar race's homeland was located in the northeastern continent and encompassed a large area. The Ravalar kingdom was only one of four that inhabited it.

But the other continent, Alaric, was opposed to it. It was occupied by the free races, but they had no genuine heritage, and most were vile animals with a large population. The pure races despised the free races and treated them as animals. Unfortunately for the pure races, the Alaric continent has a wild landscape with gorgeous but treacherous regions that were virtually death zones. This made conquering this continent difficult for them.

While these two supercontinents were side by side, to the east of the Elion continent was a massive body of water known as the ocean of stars, which extended far and made crossing it by ship difficult.

Even if people attempted to cross it from the Alaric continent, it would lead nowhere. Such was the perplexity of this world, which was also incredibly dangerous.

***

This was the day!

Paul was overjoyed since he had received notification two weeks prior that he needed to go to the royal training grounds in two days to begin his training. This proclamation was issued by his majesty, his father.

So he was ecstatic that he would be able to do anything other than read those dull books. He appreciated the information he gained from them, but he yearned for something new and exciting!

He'd dressed in a military vest and combat-appropriate clothing, and he'd arrived early simply to make a good impression on his father.

He had arrived two hours earlier than expected and patiently awaited the instruction.

He soon observed someone approaching him. It was a powerful redhead knight with a big mustache. He lacked brows and had gloomy black eyes. He was dressed in deep crystal armor and was quite frightening.

Paul was taken aback! He had expected his father to arrive today and had sincerely desired to spend time with him.

"Hello! You are?" With a questioning tone, Paul queried the approaching knight.

The knight did not respond and simply moved on. Just as he approached Paul, he opened his mouth and spoke in a sweet childish voice, "Run. Two hours of running about the ground."

Paul was perplexed by this, and before he could respond, a mighty hand grabbed him and hurled him.

"From now on, refer to me as Instructor. Lionasaer, your instructor." The massive guy commanded him with a voice that belied his bulk and appearance.

Paul took off running as soon as he saw the instructor's frightening expression.

Despite his difficulties running due to his delicate condition, he did not want to disrespect his family by doing nothing and wanted to please his new coach. For the following six months, he spent most of his morning training and most of his nights studying texts.

Most people only see the royal's opulent lifestyles, yet the enormous effort they put in to make themselves worthy of royalty is generally overlooked. During this time, Paul worked hard and discovered that his instructor likewise worked extremely hard to teach him.

They also went hiking to adjacent odd kingdom locations and spent a lot of time together.

After months of preparation, he gradually began battle after obtaining a premature muscular body structure. He had learned how to protect himself, largely through hand-to-hand combat, while also becoming acquainted with a variety of weaponry.

After around seven months of rigorous work, Paul stood at the training grounds where he had first met his teacher. His physique had altered over the months, and he no longer appeared as frail.

He also had a confident expression in his eyes, and his hair had grown much longer over time, falling over his shoulders.

"Lionasaer, instructor! What are our plans for today? I assure you that I will not lag behind you while walking today."

Paul talked excitedly since these journeys with his tutor were the most intriguing thing in his humdrum existence as a royal.

His delight, however, was short-lived as his instructor shook his head and remarked, "Today, Prince, we're going to try something completely different. Your preparation over the last few months has all been leading up to today."

Paul too became solemn and listened intently. He was aware that something significant was about to occur today.

Lionasaer approached him and came to a halt 5 feet in front of him.

"Prince allowed me to be open. Even now, as royalty, you have been made unaware of some aspects of our culture." Since he began instructing Paul, his tone was grave, and he looked at him gravely.

"There are groups of outstanding people in our society. Anyone may be amazing. The inner soul matrix already exists; all that is needed is for it to be awakened."

Paul anticipated this. He has seen far too many unusual things and individuals with exceptional abilities since arriving in this world. So it was high time he found out about this.

Even after witnessing Paul's look of disbelief, Lionasaer carefully resumed his statement.

"The fundamental idea is that we don't increase our power. In actuality, no one in this universe has access to an outside power. Regardless of one's lineage, everyone possesses great power that is imprinted inside them from birth. Just that opening the seal is difficult. Therefore, several phases are depending on how much of your intrinsic strength you have unlocked."

Paul received a parchment that Lionasaer had pulled from his pocket. He recognized the various stages as he read the paper.

One of the most crucial aspects was that these people with immense power were referred to as "Professionals."

Amateur, Elite, and Master levels were further separated into categories for professionals.

However, unlike superhumans, they lack supernatural abilities, and their greatest strength depends on channeling part of their soul force into an auxiliary weapon or object that can somewhat break the rules of the universe.

That's correct! Everyone used their power primarily to influence the world's laws.

The world's original rules were entirely chaotic, to the point that they might be manipulated by even pros.

Of course, only the weaker laws, such as friction of the earth in a specific region or flow of water in a specific area, are considered. Only stronger people, such as those who have advanced above the professional position, may exploit stricter regulations.

Even said, omnipotent laws such as time rules cannot be violated by anybody. Following the professional stage are the Ranker and Saint stages.

However, some individuals were considerably more strong than experts and possessed magical strength.

Professionals, on the other hand, maybe beaten by a large crowd of ordinary people. This was the extent of professionals' abilities.

"Do you understand what I'm saying, my prince? It is now time for you to awaken your soul matrix and improve your strength. All of that hurried training was for this."

"I understand that this is a test for me." Paul grasped the underlying meaning of his instructor's comments.

This was the first major test in his life since arriving in this world, and it would determine whether he would pursue an extraordinary path.

0