8: Encounter Of The Dangerous Kinds [III]
6 0 0
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

"Joey!" Zoriya let out a heart-piercing cry and ran forward, staggering along the way. There was no knowing how many times she fell while trying to reach Joey's body.

"Joey, why did you have to leave me like this? Didn't we agree that we should be together forever. Woohoo..." She cried bitterly while holding Joey's body. Just ten minutes ago, her fiancee was carefully cutting the carefully roasted meat into small pieces and feeding her little by little. Who knew that soon after that, Joey would be dead.

Although Catoril's eyes were beginning to resemble the flame of Hellfire, his heart also trembled violently.

When he first saw this child, he had a surging feeling that this boy was not an ordinary human. Although the boy's aptitudes were not of genius level, his comprehension in the mastery of weapons was too good to be true. It might not be enough for the boy to use his own talent to reach the top of the fourth-order in cultivation, but the royal family could use their medicinal pills ans elixir to catalyze it. At least, to make the boy a sixth-order master.

But now, Joey was dead, and the royal family had lost a genius in weapon mastery. However, Catoril was not looking for Joey's comprehension in the profound secrets or his mastery of weapons, as a future husband of his daughter, his own prospective son-in-law!

Yes, Catoril admitted that he agreed to the marriage with a little bit of a return interest, but after a few years, he actually disregarded the benefits that he could get from the boy, and really counted him as his own. Secretly, he even cared for the boy more than his own son.

At this moment, all he could recall was the boy dying while trying to protect him.

"Chris." Catoril eyes burned with eternal fire, but he tried to calm his voice. Yet even an ordinary person could feel the anger in Catoril's heart, not to mention that most of the people present were high-ranked cultivators.

Chris heard someone called his name, and then came to his senses, but his mind was still in disbelief. There was only one word in his mind: Impossible. Just now, the strange looking boy should have dissipated into ashes after being hit by the Judgment Spear, but the boy's corpse was still intact, albeit lifeless. And most ridiculously, the spear of judgment passed through him, and disappeared. How could that happen?

"Do you know who he was? He was my son-in-law." Catoril's voice trembled. He had now let go of his identity as the king of a country, and now he was just an old man who had lost his son-in-law.

"Your son-in-law?" Chris was taken aback, then sneered, "So what?"

"So what?" Catoril suddenly laughed, but the laughter sounded like a roiling thunder. "Is that what you'll say?"

After that, while still sitting on his royal horse, the figure of Catoril transformed into a golden figure with an extremely violent aura, which made Chris and the other Templars feel as if there were countless blades, slashing at their faces.

Catoril's cultivation had reached the late seventh order!

All the nobles were shocked. Usually, the emperor never revealed his true cultivation, so everyone regarded him as an early seventh-order master. Shockingly, the emperor's cultivation had reached the late seventh stage with the golden essence. 

"Golden Sacred Icon." Chris' voice sounded in disbelief. Quickly, his body soared into the air, and floated at the center of the six-pointed star formation of the Templars. At the same time, the six-pointed star released an unparalleled divine aura, with trembling power. He uttered more powerful words and a whote light descended from the sky and landed on the hexagram.

A few seconds later, a ten-meter-long sword struck the beam of light, and it trembled.

"You are really straining yourself with the battle sword you created with your own vitality. But do you think it's going to be enough? Time for my god to show you a fraction of his power." Chris's voice came from inside the beam of light. "Take my faith as a guide, oh god of light. Help me!"

The beam of light on the hexagram suddenly lit up, overwhelming the radiance of the sun in the sky itself.

"The great God of Light, grant me the power of judgment to judge all the evils in this world!" A strange voice came from the beam of light, which seemed to come from thousands of years ago.

The light emitted suddenly dimmed, and a figure appeared. White gorgeous armor, holding a spear in the left and a long sword in the right. He was a majestic appearance of endless holy light. The pair of broad white wings behind him flapped slowly, as if they were heralding an announcement.

Everyone was shocked! Whether it was the dozens of seventh-order masters on the Asian-American Empire, or the nobles, they were all shocked!

The angel in the myth of the Holy Court actually appeared in the mortal world! This was an angel, an angel!

But Catoril was expressionless. He knew from some ancient records left by the Old Empire that the Holy Court had existed for more than 10,000 years, and had great secrets and techniques. Except for the high-level people of the Holy Court, nobody else knew how long the Holy Court had existed.

In the records, the most powerful armed force of the Holy Court were the angels. Angels were very powerful, the weakest angels could be regarded as powerhouses in the mortal world, and the super powerhouses among the angels have reached the level of gods in the legends.

But for some hidden reasons, the angels of the Holy Court no longer appeared in the mortal world. In fact, it was not just the Holy Court, but many forces that had existed for a long time seemed to have a situation where their strongest forces were withering or no longer manifested themselves.

After that, the angels that appeared in the Holy Court were all pseudo-angels, and they could only maintain the angelic state for a period of time, and could not exert the strength of real angels. Meaning, the angel in front of him was nothing but Chris using a unique meta-art of the Holy Court to bless his combat power for a period of time. It was just that the angel's appearance was too shocking.

But for Catoril, it didn't matter. Even if the current Chris was a super angel, he would still kill him.

"Death to you!" Catoril swung the ten-meter-long sword and slashed directly at Chris's wings.

"An ant dares to offend the majesty of an angel? You're seeking death!" Chris moved his left hand, and the spear moved in the direction of Catoril's body!

Catoril's ten-meter sword parried the spear and disappeared immediately. Swiftly, he pulled out a long sword from his saddle and threw it at the Templar.

"Hmph, now do you still think you can kill me?" Chris snorted coldly, the sword shadow flashed, and the long blade was directly knocked into the air. "I want to see what else you can do before you die. You can't even blow yourself up now, and I won't, in this state, be injured by the self-destruction of an ant."

"Really?" There was a strange smile on Catoril's face.

Chris felt a shudder in his heart, and a sense of danger filled his body. Right away, he knew he must kill the emperor immediately. So, he quickly activated the energy on the spear, but he seemed to be sensing his demise. Unavoidable danger. Just as he wasn't able dodge Jackson's self-destruction, he could't escape this impending blow from Catoril.

"The Hadith of Amith, defeat the angel of the Holy Court. No afterlife..." As Catoril's voice became weaker and weaker, the smugness in his voice, and the meaning of liberation, was getting stronger and stronger. Then he made the last cry of his life. "... eternal imprisonment." 

Catoril's face quickly turned golden, and the golden color continued outwards, covering everything before him, even Catoril's clothes, and the spear in his hand.

"Ah..." Chris felt an unprecedented panic and fear. He kept running his essence energy, but the golden color was unaffected and spread to his arm.

"My arm!" The panic in Chris's heart increased a little more. His arms couldn't move! He tried to drive the golden light away with his essence force, but everything was to no avail!

"No, how could this be, no!" Startled Chris cried out in despair. He felt as if something was invading his body, his brain, and grabbing something in him.

"Have you heard of the golden beast..." Catoril's voice suddenly sounded in Chris' mind.

"Golden beast..." Chris's eyes widened. Then, it didn't move. His whole body turned golden, including the wings on his back.

Catoril and Chris look like a golden statue! This statue was very strange in posture. One carving was using the spear in his hand to pierce another's body, but his face was full of horror and disbelief. There was a relief and a smug smile on the face of the pierced man.

"Your Majesty, go well!" The nobles and the dozens of seventh-order masters knelt down together and truly saluted Catoril! Not because Catoril was the emperor, but because he was a respectable man that was truly loved.

At this time, all the dozens of Templars vomited blood and fell to the ground. If Chris died, they would also be seriously injured.

At this moment, a thin figure appeared!

There were still tears on this person's face, but her expression was extremely cold.

"Kill them all!" The person whispered authoritatively.

"Yes!" They all answered.

No one cares who this person was, they just want to avenge the emperor! How could the severely wounded Templars be the opponents of these people? Soon, they were all torn to shreds.

"My father died for us. Even if this statue is to stay here, the Royal Forest is no longer needed. It is open to everyone in the Asian-American Empire. I want the entire Asian-American Empire to know that it is the people who claim to be the holy court that killed my father. The Holy Court, have always been the enemies of our Asian-American Empire!" The man said, his voice full of hunger and a unique majesty.

The person turned out to be Zoriya.

"From now on, I will be the new emperor of the Asian-American Empire, and I want the Holy Court to bleed in return." Zoriya's voice was extremely strong.

"We have seen the majesty, the Queen! Long live my empress!" All the nobles, as well as those seventh-order masters, knelt down and saluted. For some reason, they had a feeling that Zorya should inherit this throne! No one could tell why they felt this way, to accept this 14-year-old girl as the new empress, but that was their decision at this moment.

"As for Joey... bury him royally." Zoriya looked at Joey's body, a trace of sadness and reluctance flashed in her eyes.

"Wait! How can a living person be buried!" A voice suddenly came!

These words were like a blast of thunder.

0