1: The Orphan
29 3 2
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

The cold autumn wind blew gently across the desolate land, its freezing fingers caressing dozens of extremely twisted corpses on the dry riverbed not far away.

These corpses wore two types of armor, obviously belonging to two different camps. This was the junction of the battle between the Asian-American Empire and the Elia Empire.

A hundred years ago, this place was a land of abundance, with constant merchants and prosperous residents. But since the collapse of the Western Roman Empire and the rise of the Elia Empire, everything has changed.

As a new empire, the Elia Empire was extremely aggressive and had been waging wars for decades. Gradually, the merchants ruled this place, and the residents also migrated to the district of Yote City in large numbers.

Recently, the Elia Empire mobilized 300,000 troops to gather at the border, ready to attack the Asian-American Empire again. The Asian-American Empire was also seriously stationed at the border, preparing for a major war.

Since the troops of the two countries had assembled at the border, dozens of clashes have occurred despite high-level orders not to easily fight with localities.

The dozens of corpses on the riverbed were the result of minor conflicts. The two countries have not yet started a real war, but in these dozens of conflicts, hundreds of people died yesterday, and hundreds more died today. In total, more than 2,000 people have been injured or even killed.

The result of the conflict was not only the dead, but also deepened the hatred and resentment between the two armies, and the conflicts would only be more intense the next time they meet.

At this time, two teams of soldiers appeared on both sides of the riverbed, one from the Amer-American Empire and the other from the Elia Empire.

"Damn war!" One of the soldiers of the Asian-American Empire who was clearly wearing an officer's armor sighed indignantly.

"Humph!" An Elia soldier on the opposite side snorted coldly, "It's not a good thing for you thieves to do. For you robbers, our Elia Empire should crusade against you!"

The officer did not refute or curse, but just took off the wooden longbow on his back, pulled the goose feather arrow back and released it. With a soft thudding sound, the arrow had penetrated the soldier's head. At the place where it pierced the soldier's head, a little patch of blood began to slowly expand.

It all happened so fast that the soldiers didn't even react, and this Elia soldier didn't even have time to change the expression on his face, the sneer on his face had not disappeared, only his eyes were full of infinite fear.

The soldier fell with a thumping sound, and his life left this world like this, leaving only a flesh sac, which turned into a dead body, laying still on the ground.

At the same time, the body of the general of the Asian-American Empire turned out to be continuously gushing out cyan gas, condensing on his body surface. At the end, it turned into a cyan air halo, exuding a faint brilliance!

For some reason, this radiant air halo actually carried a very strange sense of oppression, making the horror and fear in the hearts of the soldiers of the Elia Empire infinitely magnified!

A very familiar word appeared in everyone's mind: Energy Essence!

Energy Essence, was a very wonderful thing! In this world. There were nine very mysterious elemental energies, namely the five elements: gold, wood, water, fire, and earth; the four polar elements: wind, thunder, light and darkness.

These nine elemental energies could be found between heaven and earth, but only by ensuring that the absorbed elemental energy could be stored in the body and accumulated continuously, could one eventually form one's own power, elemental power, that is, Energy Essence!

A long time ago, only a small number of human beings were able to condense the Energy force. But after tens of thousands of years and countless generations of efforts, Energy Essence had developed to a very high level in human society, and now most people could cultivate energy essence before the age of thirty.

But even so, there were not many people who could cultivate the energy essence to the level of the general of the Asian-American Empire, not to mention that the general seemed to be in his early twenties.

The first order condensed the elemental force, the second order initially applied the elemental force, the third order could release the elemental force, the fourth order could easily release the elemental force, the fifth order was the minimum threshold to step on the master level, the sixth order elemental force could be released to one Meters away, the seventh level up to four meters away.

The Great Perfection in the late third-order stage was the bottleneck for most people. It was easier to cultivate to the third-order, but to cultivate to the fourth-order? It was a tall order. If the talent was average, it could only depend on the chances of fate.

Even if there was a chance to break through to the fourth rank, the person would be too old, and could only stagnate at this rank.

And looking at the degree of cohesion of this general's Energy Force, it had reached at least the fourth order! In his twenties, with a cultivation base of at least the fourth rank, this general was definitely a genius!

"Remember, I'm Trey Parker, the corps commander of the 1st battalion of the 2nd Battalion of the 7th Corps of the Asian American Empire. When I see the god of death later, tell him for me that you were killed by me!" Trey Parker's voice was extremely cold, so cold that his bones trembled!

It was not just the opposition leader who dropped the weapon in his hand, turned around and ran away, but all the soldiers of the Elia Empire ran away desperately, as if to leave this powerful and desperate person .

However, that did not make them to escape Trey Parker's blade. His cyan figure chased all the Elias soldiers, and in just half a minute, these soldiers were all turned into corpses!

Trey Parker stopped and withdrew his energy. Killing these soldiers did not make him happy. It was a dusty he had to carry out. He shook his head and sighed. There seemed to be a hint of sadness and a flame-like anger hidden in his blue pupils, as if he was recalling something.

"Captain!" A soldier interrupted Trey Parker's thoughts. "There is a baby in the arms of a civilian corpse! The baby is still alive and intact!"

Um? Trey Parker was taken aback. Talking about the battlefield here, how could there be a civilian, not to talk about a baby?

But this soldier will not deceive Trey Parker. With endless doubts, he followed the soldiers to the riverbed quickly. He saw this little weak baby curled up in the arms of a headless corpse. This little life slept peacefully and soundly, as if all around him were not the cruelty of the battlefield, but his cradle.

Trey Parker felt a peace he had never felt before. He carefully picked up the little life and looked at the baby quietly. Suddenly, the baby opened his eyes without warning, and Trey Parker nearly dropped the baby from his arms.

This baby's eyes turned out to be white! White!!!

Was he born blind?

No, the baby's eyes were clearly staring at him, and then he grinned and burst into tears, two small pink fists hitting Trey Parker's chest.

This baby could actually see him! The baby was crying and Trey Parker's only thought now was to soothe the baby.

The dusty memories reappeared in Trey Parker's mind, and the songs he heard as a child were sung in his mouth unconsciously. Although these songs were extremely unpleasant to sing in his accustomed roaring voice, the baby gradually became quiet, his white eyes stared at Trey Parker, and his small mouth opened and closed, as if he was with Trey Parker, singing songs.

Suddenly, something strange happened, a small black spot appeared in the middle of the baby's white eyes. This black spot was constantly expanding, squeezing out the white, and at the end, it turns out to be the same pupil as a normal person.

Black pupils!

Trey Parker stopped singing. He couldn't believe his eyes. What could be wrong? He remembered some legends he had heard before. Some people's constitutions were naturally at odds with their other attributes, which could easily bring disasters. Wouldn't this baby have the same physique?

*Throw away this baby* This was Trey Parker's first thought, but his subconscious self was shouting. "Accept him, accept him!"

Trey Parker's eyes softened and became a little blurry: "This...is...fate... You...give it to me..."

"Captain, the corpses are all ready, we can go back!" the soldier just reported loudly.

Trey Parker came back to his senses and nodded immediately.

"Captain, I think we should give this baby a name." The soldier suddenly lowered his voice and leaned into Trey Parker's ear.

Trey Parker pushed the soldier away. "Pfft...then what's your name for him?"

The soldier's expression suddenly became serious. "Everything is up to the captain."

There was a rare smile on Trey Parker's mouth. This soldier had a little sense of humor, but could always liven up the atmosphere.

"Lei, just call him Joey." A soft wind-like voice stroked Trey Parker's ear.

The smile on Trey parker's face froze. This voice...it's her, it's her!

Trey Parker almost turned around and hugged the person behind him! But he knew very well that if he really turned around, he would only hug the thin air. The owner of the voice would never be able to appear in front of him again.

"A hallucination... No, maybe it was you who gave it to me and gave him a name..." Trey Parker murmured, the figure of a beautiful woman appeared in his mind.

"Captain, what did you say?" The soldier looked at Trey Parker strangely.

"It's nothing, I said this child will be called Joey." Trey Parker immediately covered up.

The soldier said nothing. He knew that when Trey Parker looked like this, he obviously had something on his mind, and he also vaguely knows something about Trey Parker.

For this captain who was respected by more than a thousand people, the soldier did not want to disturb him anymore, and quietly left.

Trey Parker hugged Joey, his eyes filled with a touch of sadness and slow tenderness. He had to take good care of Joey, because she gave it to him.

From now on, this child would forever be his own.

2