Extra Chapter 1: Rumblings in the Capital
39 0 1
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

            “And that concludes the report of what’s happening in the Aloock Islands.” A robbed figure says standing in the middle of a large office.

A large muscular man in a dark suit sits at his desk, staring out of the window. Below him, the people of the capital go about their daily lives as he turns to face the figure. He nods with a calm expression on his face as he stands up from his chair.

            “And my son?”

            “The young Lord is working hard to take control of his island. The citizenry had some opposition to him. But with his allies, he easily squashed the resistance.”

The man shakes his head. “I worry about that boy. A true king would’ve turned the situation around and taken advantage. Simply quashing rebellion does not take out the embers of rebellion.”

            “Of course, My Lord.”

            “And the other one I asked about?”

            “The bastard child of house Mattox?”

            “Yes him. I was curious to see how his efforts were going. House Mattox is in my debt, after all.” He says with a smile on his face.

            “From the reports, he also faced opposition on his island. But he has found some allies and dug in a fiefdom on the island.”

            “Smart child.”

            “Why are you concerned about house, Mattox?”

            “Because this minor act of rebellion entertains me.”

            “Rebellion?”

He walks around the room with an enormous smile on his face. “My dear shadow. I keep several noble houses under my control. House Mattox is no different.”

            “But he’s trying to oppose you?”

            “Yes. It’s somewhat brilliant using the game as a neutral way to fight against me. But I wonder just how far he’ll make it.”

            “You’re an odd man, Count Kernig.” The figure says as they fade away into thin air. “We have to move. The attackers are almost here.”

The count laughs in his empty office as he turns to stare out of the window. He stares at the gathering clouds in the sky. “They might consider me odd, but I have to be.” He turns away from the window and walks out of the door. “After all, there’s a lot of work we have to do. We have a kingdom to save.”

In the sky, the clouds grow dark as thunder crackles and they slowly take on a humanoid shape. As the figure raises its hand, fathering thunder, Count Kernig walks outside and stares at the clouds.

            “What’s this the fifth time today?” He asks.

            “The sixth. I handled one myself earlier.” The figure says, appearing behind him.

The count nods. “Oh, I should pay more attention. I can’t let them sneak up on me after all.”

            “I’m sure you’ll do fine.”

            “Hear me Count Kernig! This little game is over I….” The figure of clouds yells out with their voice booming across the sky.

            “They keep trying. Let’s make sure they can’t bother me again.” The count says holding out his hand.

            “Of course, Sir.”

As a bolt of lightning flies, the count smiles. “This is truly tiresome.”

1