Ch.18: An Introduction
39 0 1
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

While Glyn and the others are in the dungeon, a boat runs ashore in the shadows of the island as a figure leaps off of the boat. She takes off her hood and looks over her surroundings before looking at her equipment. With a smirk, she turns to the island and takes notice of the mountain at the center of the island.

            “So, this is Jubert Island. My king candidate is somewhere on this island and I’ve got to find them and make a good impression.”

She turns back to her boat and nods. “This should be a good place to hide it. I best make sure I can leave if need be.”

She makes her way off of the beach towards the shoreline. “I’ll show my skills and show they have no chance of winning this war without me. That’s the way to do it, right, Grandfather?”

 

Meanwhile, at the manor, Sam stands in the middle of the courtyard looking at the building. He smirks as Glyn’s words echo through his mind.

            “Co-captain. Miller’s second in command. Such an ideal role I’m in the ideal position to stand at his side.” Sam mutters to himself as Rufus and Otso watch on. “Pretty soon we can…. And maybe…. If only I could….”

            “Should we say something to him?” Rufus asks.

Otso shakes his head. “It’s best not to be involved when Sam gets like that. His obsession with Miller is getting to his head again.”

            “He should just talk to Miller.”

            “Oh, come on, where’s the fun in that?” Tan says, flying down from above. “Watching all that pinning is quite enjoyable.”

            “I wouldn’t call that pinning.”

            “I do! It’s the ultimate expression of love!” Tan yells out.

Rufus and Otso shake their heads. “We doubt that.”

            “Come on. The two of them would be cute together.”

            “Well, first Sam has to say three words to Miller. Not to mention Miller himself has to stop obsessing over his sister.”

Rufus nods. “I get caring for her. But he’s being a little overprotective.”

            “Speaking of Mila, what do you guys think about her and Glyn?”

The pair stare at her. “How do you mean?” Rufus asks.

            “Come on. He made her his queen, and she’s working so hard for his sake. I sense some blossoming love between those two.” Tan says, hiding her smirk behind her wing.

            “It seems likely. But I don’t know if anything will come from it.” Otso says.

            “Oh, what do you know?”

            “A lot. Like, for instance, that Glyn seems….”

            “What’re you three doing!?” Sam yells out, rushing towards the group.

            “Crap! He snapped out of it,” Tan says.

She flies into them as Rufus and Otso stand around.

            “I thought I ordered you lot to get to training!? Rufus, we still need to find a weapon you're at least competent with, and Otso your aim is off on your crossbows. And where is Tan? That girl wanders off on her way too much?”

            “Calm down. Our orders were to be on standby until Glyn and Miller get back. Rest is equally important during training as actual training.” Otso says.

Sam pauses. “Right. Well, we’re in the thick of it now, so we should be ready for anything. If an enemy should infiltrate the island, then we’re the best ones to defend it.”

Rufus nods. “We understand. But it’s not like anyone would randomly attack us. Right?”

            “We’re still in the prelude before the war. It’s against the rules for anyone to attack us.”

            “But we still can’t let or guards down too much.”

            “That’s a good idea.” A voice says, coming from the gate.

A figure under a thick hood stands at the gate, staring at the three. “Let me ask you, is this where the king candidate lives?”

            “What is it to you?” Sam asks.

            “I’m looking for him. I’ve been sent to join his side.”

The three look at each other. “Rufus?”

Rufus nods. “Alright. I’ll open the gate.”

            “No need.” She says, gripping the bars and climbing up the gate.

As she reaches the top, she leaps over the gate and lands on the ground with her hood coming off. She shakes her head as her blond hair waves about and she turns to face the three with a smirk on her face, impressed by herself.

            “An elf?” Rufus asks.

            “Yup. I’m an elven warrior.” She says with a smile.

Sam pulls out his sword, pointing it toward her. “If an elven warrior is here, then that could only mean.”

            “An assassin?” Otso says.

            “Assassin!?” Rufus yells out.

Tisha holds out her hand. “Wait, I’m not an assassin or anything. Why would you think that?”

            “Why else would an elf be here!?” Sam yells out, rushing ahead.

He swings his sword, as Tisha dodges his attack. She throws off her cloak, covering him as he’s knocked back. Otso pulls out his crossbow and fires aimed at Tisha, who dodges his attack. She pulls out her bow and an arrow, firing it faster than the eye can see and knocking Otso’s crossbow out of his hand. Rufus charges in, unsheathing his sword as he runs towards Tisha.

            “Out of the way!” Tan yells out from above.

She crashes to the ground, aiming her claws at Tisha, who dodges her strike. Tan lands in front of Rufus as she blocks the path. “Go call the bosses.”

            “Oh right,” Rufus says nervously. “How do I do that?”

            “Get scared and he can sense it. Just stay out of the way!” Tan yells, out rushing ahead.

 She charges at Tisha, who dodges her attacks and pulls out her bow again. She swings it around, using it to knock Tan back as she pulls out an arrow. She fires off several arrows, with Tan leaping up into the air. She dodges Tisha’s attacks with Tisha focusing her aim as she readies her volley of arrows.

Sam comes in, swinging his sword and slicing the string of her bow. “Got you!”

Otso fires off a rush of arrows from his crossbow as she slams her hand on the ground. A large plant sprouts from the ground, forming a shield that blocks the arrows. Same charges in slashing through the plant and swinging his blade out at her.

            “Hold still!”

            “No way. Not until you guys calm down and explain yourselves!”

Tan flies in from above, lashing out at Tisha with her talons with Tisha, dodging her strike and firing off arrows at her. The arrows fly, striking Tisha’s back and knocking her into a wall as she collapses.

            “Otso back me up!” Sam yells out.

Otso nods as he fires off another round of arrows. Tisha dodges his attacks, with Sam coming in and swinging his sword at her. She continues dodging his strikes, but suddenly he lunges forward using his shield. He knocks her down as Otso rushes ahead and aims his crossbow at her head.

            “Give it up,” Otso says.

Tisha smirks. “You guys are good. But you’ve still got a long way to go before you can stand up to me.”

            “What?!” The pair ask in unison.

Tisha slams her hand on the ground and plants erupt from the ground as a thick cloud of pollen covers the area. She knocks Sam off of her and pulls a short sword from her side, swinging it at him. She knocks him out with the butt of her sword as she turns to face Otso.

Otso fires off his arrows into the cloud, attempting to sense her location. The pollen messes with his senses as Tisha draws in closer and raises her sword, ready to strike. As she brings the blade down, the sound of metal clashing echoes through the area.

            “What the!?”

A burst of flames burns away the pollen, leaving Tisha exposed as she stares down at Miller. “Who are you, and what are you here for?”

            “I’m not an enemy!”

            “Then why are you attacking us?”

Glyn steps forward, staring at Tisha as she turns to face him. “Are you the king's candidate?”

Glyn nods, staring at Tisha, noticing her Elvan traits. “Yes. Sorry to say.”

            “Why do you say that?” She asks, staring at Dirk before quickly pulling out her bow. “A Half-Elf!?”

            “That’s right, I’m a Half-Elf.” He says with a smirk on his face. “And the king candidate assigned to this island?”

Tisha sighs as she puts her bow away. “What is this ridiculousness? A Half-Elf can’t become the king. The very thought is ridiculous.”

            “So why are you here, miss Elvan warrior?” Glyn asks.

            “I am Tisha Miaro, an Elvan warrior sent from the Sacred Groove alongside my fellow warriors to work alongside the king candidate!” She yells out. “But I got stuck with the Half-Elf.”

Mila moves to Glyn’s side. “Glyn, why is she acting like that?”

            “It’s because she’s an Elf. If there’s one thing all Elves hate, it’s the sight of a Half-Elf.” Glyn says, smirking. “Looks like we’ve got ourselves a rather comical misunderstanding.”

            “I’d say.”

            “Well, we’re going to get nowhere standing around here. If we’re going to discuss things, let's go inside.”

            “Fine, let me listen to your excuses, you filthy Half-Elf.” She says with all the disdain she can muster.

1