Extra Chapter 3: Glyn’s Offensive Begins
15 0 0
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Out at sea, Glyn looks into his book as Mila sits at his side. Zanrit stares out into the distance as Tisha keeps a close eye on the sea ahead. The small ship sails through the sea, gently carried by the wind, as everyone sits around uneasily.

            “I don’t like this. It’s way too quiet.” Tisha says.

            “Calm down. For us right now it being quiet is a good thing.” Glyn says. “This is supposed to be a sneaking mission, after all.”

Zanrit nods. “But we can’t let our guard down. The sea is a dangerous place and we’re out in the open with little to no defenses.”

            “True, we’re not prepared for naval combat. Should they try to shoot us down? We’re screwed.”

            “Don’t even joke about that!” Tisha yells out.

            “I’m just letting you know the reality of our situation. This plan is, but it’s our best shot to end this conflict quickly before it escalates too far.”

Mila stirs in her sleep. “Brother. Everyone.”

They all fall silent and Glyn holds out his King Piece. “Everyone on Jubert Island is alive. That’s all I can confirm right now.”

            “I still hate leaving them all back there to fight. Who knows how many people?”

            “In the worst-case scenario, Miller and the others can flee the manor and activate a barrier that’ll keep them trapped for at least a day or two, barring no one knowing how to tamper with old glyphs.”

            “I just wish there was a faster way to get there. We’ve been at sea for hours now.” Tisha complains as she paces around the ship.

            “To be accurate, we’ve been out here for three hours,” Zanrit says.

Glyn pulls out his map. “Well, we don’t have a choice. If we go too fast, we’ll set off the mines and sensors they have around the island. We have to be careful.”

Tisha stares into the distance. “We’ll do whatever we have to do to sneak onto the island. You better do it fast because the island is in sight.”

            “Good. Let’s hope the arrogant asshole stayed on the island.” Glyn stares at the island and clenches his fist.

 

A while later, the boat comes across a rocky shoreline around at the bottom of a mountainside. Zanrit pulls the boat on shore as Glyn looks over the map as Tisha and Mila keep look out. With the ship on shore, Glyn nods as everyone gathers around.

            “Okay, so our first order of business should be going into town.” He says.

            “Why?”

            “According to what Voron left me, there is a resistance group on the island who are working to oppose Fenwick. If we meet with, then we can coordinate an offensive with his diminished forces and maybe launch an attack on him.”

            “Good idea. Then we can hurry back to Brother and the others.” Mila says.

Zanrit grabs his weapon and stares toward the cliffs above the group. A blond-haired woman stands on the edge of the cliff with her eyes closed.

            “Welcome, Glyn Mattox. I welcome you to Albert Island.”

Glyn steps forward. “Oh. Who are you?”

She holds her hand out toward Glyn. “I am the Queen of this island under Lord Fenwick. I welcome you.”

            “I see. What do we owe this visit from the local Queen?” Glyn asks.

She smiles. “I’d like you to kill myself and the King before it’s too late.”

0