Ch.47: The Bishop and The Rebels
16 0 0
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Three men sit inside of a large cave as the cave shakes around them. A young man with red spiked hair rushes towards the three as his tail shakes rapidly. They turn to him as he struggles to say anything only for the men to turn away.

            “Where is Lady Pepper.” One of the men says.

            “If she’s betrayed us then….”

            “Lady Pepper would never betray us.”

            “But of Fenwick is suspicious of her he could force her to squeal. She herself told us letting her into our plans would be dangerous.” One man says slamming his fist into a stone table. “We’ve screwed ourselves and possibly cost her life.”

            “Lady Pepper is alive I know it!”

The boy squeezes his fist. “How are you all relying on that woman!?” He screams out.

            “Ricard. Calm yourself.”

            “No! My sister puts herself on the line to keep your daughters and wives safe. I can’t afford to dawdle here and wait with my finger up my ass like you idiots.” Ricard screams out. “We need to do something about the crazy bitch outside or we’re all going to die.”

            “If we wait Lady Pepper will……”

            “No Ricards right. But we can’t do anything. That’s why Fenwick was able to amass so much power so quickly.”

The men lower their heads. “The ones who could fight are now stuck in the mines. The only ones left are old folks like us or the young who Fenwick hasn’t captured yet.” One man says.

Ricard shakes. “There has to something we can do. Something to save our home.”

 

Outside of the cave a woman with long pink hair floats in the air wearing a large poofy dress holding a large stick. She laughs manically as she twirls her stick around and creates fireballs around herself. She thrust the stick forward and the fireballs shoot forward slamming into the side of the mountain.

            “Come on out you filthy rebels! You dare define the rightful king Fenwick!” She yells out as she sends out another barrage of fireballs.

She laughs as the mountain shakes and several men come rushing out. They fire off arrows and throw whatever they can up at her only for her to effortlessly dodge their attacks. She continues laughing and sending out fireballs as the men scatter struggling to dodge her strikes.

            “You call yourselves men! How on earth do you all expect to do anything!”

As she laughs an arrow flies past her face cutting it. She touches the wound as blood drips down from her cheek and her anger grows. She screams out in a rage as her fireballs grow wilder.

            “Who dares! Who dares wound my precious face!”

Tisha appears standing on a large rock as she readies another bow. “I dare.” She declares.

            “An Elf?”

Tisha fires off her arrow with the girl dodging the attack only for the arrow to change direction and fly into her shoulder.

            “Don’t think it’ll be that easy!” Tisha yells out.

            “You bitch! I am the bishop for Lord Fenwick. Do you have any idea the consequences are for wounding me you filthy Elf!”

Tisha smirks. “No why don’t you enlighten me and my friends.”

            “Friends!?”

Zanrit falls down from above swinging his sword towards her. She dodges the attack only for Mila to leap off of Zanrit’s back and swings her sword out at her. She slices into her stick and the two go falling to the ground. Zanrit catches Mila as the pink haired girl goes crashing to the ground.

            “Are you okay?” Zanrit asks.

            “I’m fine.” Mila leaps up and stands on the ground holding her sword out towards the woman. “We have to focus and take her out.”

Zanrit nods. “Right.”

Tisha appears standing above the three on a cliff readying an arrow as she takes aim at the woman.

            “Who are you three?” She asks forcing herself out. “None of you look like islanders.”

            “Have a guess at who we are.” Glyn walks out from behind Zanrit. “You should know me at the very least.”

            “Glyn!!” She screams out.

            “Hey there Lika.”

            “You know her?” Mila asks.

            “Fenwick likes keeping a few girls on hand for his own use. Lika here is one of his consistent partners.” Glyn explains.

Mila blushes. “Is she his girlfriend!?”

            “No. More like she’s a hole for him to pound whenever he feels the need to.”

Lika steps forward. “Mattox! I won’t let you get away with insulting me like that! This isn’t like back at school I’m going to torch you alive this time!”

She holds out her stick as fireballs shoot out around her. Glyn swings around his book with the flames flung towards him fading away. Mila shoots a flame from her tails canceling out the opposing fire. Tisha fires out an arrow to Lika who leaps into the air, but falls to the ground. She stares at her stick noticing the cut splitting it along the side.

            “Looks like I was right. Still can’t do much without your catalyst can you!?”

She stands glaring at Glyn. “You’ve always had a mouth on you for a half-elf your nothing more than a pain in the ass!”

She screams out as her flames grow larger and fiercer as Mila leaps ahead towards the flames.

            “Enough of that!” She screams out a she sends out a blast of flames.

The two blazes cancel each other out with Mila landing on the ground over Lika. She holds out her sword at Lika’s face as she collapses to the ground.

            “Damn it! Damn all of you!” Lika yells out.

Tisha sighs as she leaps down to the ground and strikes Lika’s neck knocking her out. “I really think we should just kill her.”

            “We don’t need to kill them if we can help it. Besides if we keep killing people we’d be seen as ruthless conquerors, won’t we? At least this way we seem merciful.”

Tisha rolls her eyes. “Your just being soft on your old school mate.”

            “Come on it’s uncomfortable to kill someone that you know.”

A group of men surround the four as Tisha grabs her bow but Glyn steps in front of her. “Calm down. These are the guy’s Pepper told us about remember.”

            “I know. But I don’t think they’re in the mood for talking.”

            “Let’s see about that.”

            “Be careful.” Mila says.

Glyn turns to the crowds. “Welcome gentlemen. I am here on behalf of your Lady Pepper I am a Lord playing this little game of ours and I’ve come to strike down Fenwick and liberate your island.”

The man chat among themselves cautiously as Glyn stares at them.

            “Hey is that true did that vapid woman really send you?” Ricard asks.

Glyn nods. “She directed me this way. I was headed to this island anyway to deal with Fenwick since he wanted to cause trouble with us.”

            “Oh? Well then….” Ricard leaps down to Glyn’s side standing over him with a wide grin across his face. “You’re here to beat down that asshole, aren’t you?”

            “Basically. Getting rid of him would be for the benefit of both of us, wouldn’t it?”

Ricard reaches out his hand. “Fine then if you rant this our help, you’ve got it. Whatever it takes to bring that bastard down.”

            “Good. Let’s get to work.” Glyn says.

0