Ch.50: The Mythril Mines pt.2
10 0 0
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Tisha fires off an arrow that breaks apart into a barrage of smaller arrows piercing one of the Golems. It stomps forward towards her as Zanrit rushes in. He swings his sword smashing it into the side of the stone giant only for that force to bounce back at him. Zanrit goes flying as Mila leaps in unleashing a blast of flames only for the fire to extinguish instantly. The stone hands reach out lashing out at her as she leaps over it running down the arm of the stone giant.

Drawing her sword, she ignites the blade slashing into the Golem barely managing to pierce through its stone flesh. She sends a burst of flames through the stone only for the other Golem to swing at her sending her flying as she smashes into the cavern walls. The Golems turn to her with Tisha firing off a pair of arrows at the Golems as they pierce through the pair drawing their attention.

            “Glyn do you have a plan here?” Tisha asks.

Glyn stares at the Golems. “The Mythril is mixed into their internal makeup. That makes them basically immune to miasma.  On top of that their mobile refineries and can produce miasma to use as a weapon.”

            “Meaning!?” She yells out.

            “Meaning fighting them in a confined space is basically a death wish.” Glyn stares at the cavern’s roof. “And the longer we’re stuck here the greater the odds of this whole place collapsing in on us.”

            “Then what do you suggest?”

            “I could….”

            “No!”

            “What why?”

            “Because if you use a spell, you’re going to exhaust yourself and then you’ll be out like a light. Using your magic is the last option, understood?”

Glyn rolls his eyes. “Aren’t I supposed to be the one giving orders?”

            “Well, that’s when your making sense. If you’re trying to throw yourself on the fire then it’s my job to pull you out of it!”

            “Didn’t know you cared that much.”

Tisha sighs. “We can talk about it later. For now, let’s take care of these Golems.”

Glyn stares at the Golems as Zanrit and Mila rush back into the battle. “Mila! Aim for the middle of their stomachs!”

            “The stomach!?”

            “Blast a hole open with everything you’ve got!”

Mila nods and gathers flames into her blade as the metal glows hot with flames. She laps into the air and thrusts it into the stomach of the Golem. As it breaks through the stone the blade explodes in a blast of flames carving open a large hole in the Golem. A bright shining stone sits in the middle of the stone giant as it lashes out at Mila.

Tisha stress at the stone and fires off her arrow. The arrow flies piercing through the shining stone and cracking it as it crumbles away. As the stone breaks apart the Golem pauses unable to move as the life leaves its body. Everyone pauses to stare up at it for a moment only for the other Golem to lash out at the group.

As their pushed away from the dead Golem the living one latches onto it’s fallen partner. It eats away at its stone body devouring it into itself. As it eats its stone body grows larger and miasma pours out of its body filling the cavern.

            “What the hell!?” Ricard asks.

            “Everyone get back now!” Glyn yells.

Four gigantic arms breach the cloud of miasma reaching out to smashing into the ground. The cavern around them shakes and parts of the ceiling crash to the ground. A taller four-armed Golem emerges from the cloud of miasma opening its mouth as a shining blue light comes from within. It sinks into the ground clinging to the walls of the cavern as it shakes with every motion it makes more and more of the ceiling falling to the ground.

            “Damn it we have to leave now!” Glyn holds out his tome. “I’ll hold it with a magic spell for a moment. Everyone get out of here!”

Ricard stares at Glyn and runs towards the end of the cavern with Mila rushing to Glyn’s side.

            “Glyn!”

            “I told you!”

She grabs his arm. “I’m not leaving!”

            “Mila. Listen to me….”

Tisha leaps up and stands in front of the two. “Mila we’ve got one shot. I need a fireball with everything you’ve got!”

Mila nods rushing ahead as she forms a flaming sphere above her head. It grows larger illuminating everything as the heat rises. The Golem lashes out at her throwing its large hands at her. As they draw in close Zanrit leaps into the air striking the hands and forcing them back.

            “I’ll hold off the arms. Tisha follow through!” He yells out leaping up towards the Golem.

Glyn smirks. “You guys are insane, you know that.” Glyn rushes standing next to Mila.

            “Glyn?”

            “I’ll be your eyes focus only on your spell and throw us a fireball as grand as the sun.”

She nods closing her eyes.

The sphere grows larger changing shape and growing brighter.

            “Hey now, I wouldn’t call that a fireball anymore.” Tisha says.

            “Sorry. But I think this will hit harder and go faster.”

The sphere changes form as Mila pours more of her energy into it as Glyn waits for an opening.

            “Do it now!” He yells.

            “Flame Lance!” Mila yells thrusting her arms forward.

The flaming sphere launches forward changing into a blazing spear that flies through the space between her and the Golem. In what seems like an instant the spear blasts through the Golem leaving a charred hole in its stomach and leaving its core explosed.

Mila collapses on the ground with Glyn holding her closely trying to watch her breath. “Come on don’t breath in to much.”

            “My turn!” Tisha steps forward holding out her arrow.

Glyn turns to her. “Why didn’t I notice it until now?”

            “You were to distracted to. I was kind of counting on that.”

Tisha draws the miasma from the air forcing it into her body as it flows from her into the bow.

            “Stop it! You’ll….”

She smirks. “I want to kill that thing and this spell works wonders in the right environment. It just helps that the thing this bastard breaths is perfect for killing it to!”

She lets her arrow fly as the Golem’s body slowly repairs. Before the Core is covered the arrow pierces it. In a burst miasma flows into the Core breaking it apart as the Golem collapses into a mess of lifeless stones.

Glyn grabs onto Mila as Zanrit leaps up to the pair. “I’ve got her.”

            “We have to move the longer….”

Zanrit scoops of Glyn and Mila and leaps ahead rushing through the cavern. “I’m faster so I’ll do the running. Hold on tight.”

 

Ricard rushes out of the mines into the makeshift camp. A handful of the former miners stand around and turn to him cautiously.

            “What happened down there?” One asks.

            “There were some weird noises down there. Did you guys manage to destroy those things?”

Before Ricard can open his mouth Zanrit leaps out of the mines landing in front of him. Glyn leaps down as Zanrit places Mila and Tisha onto the ground.

            “Zanrit interrogate the mercs. They should have medicine for this miasma poisoning.” Glyn says.

Zanrit rushes off with Glyn standing over the pair. “This is going to hurt for a while.” He says.

He takes in a breath as he opens his book and grbas both of their hands. As their bodies grow darker and purple blotches appear across their bodies, he whispers something and draws the miasma from their bodies into his own. He exhales a thick purple cloud into the air as Zanrit rushes in carrying a large box.

            “Someone help me carry these three!” Zanrit yells out.

The miners stare at them cautiously before Ricard rushes ahead. “Come on these guys saved you from the mines. The least you could do is carry them around a little!”

The miners nods and two rush to Tisha and Mila picking them up. Another grabs Glyn helping carry him as the miners create makeshift stretchers to carry the three over the mountain.

            “So those things are dead?” Ricard asks Zanrit.

            “Yes. Their dead. But I’m sure Fenwick will sense it.”

            “What does that mean?”

            “It means when Glyn awakens, our true battle will begin. You’d best be ready to fight.”

Ricard nods. “I… I’ll try my best.”

0