Ch.53: Mythril
6 0 0
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Glyn awakens in the underground room and shoots up. He shakes his head as the memories from the previous night come to him. He laughs slightly as he picks up his book and nods along.

            “I underestimated you, Mila. You may not be as naïve as you appear.” He says to himself.

He walks through the cavern and finds the meeting place where everyone sits around the stone tables. He sits at a table where Mila, Tisha, and Zanrit are gathered. With a smile, he looks at the three of them before Mila rushes to his side.

            “Good morning.” She says with a smile.

            “Morning.” He says.

            “So, what’s the plan for today?” Zanrit asks.

Tisha nods. “We’ve got to keep up the momentum. We only have the Queen and the other Bishop to take on and then we can drop that barrier of his.”

            “Then we can beat him and end this!” Mila yells out.

            “You lot are optimistic.” Ricard sits with the group at their table and lowers his head. “Even if you take his stronger forces away. He still has an army of mercs, and even those monsters under his control.”

            “Monsters?”

            “I didn’t mention that? He controls the monsters alongside the mercs.”

Glyn pauses. “Then that’s an easy fix. If she’s controlling a mass of monsters, then her skills have improved. But it makes sense that if Lika were here, she’d be here too.”

            “Who?” Mila asks.

            “Jenna. She’s one of Fenwick’s main squeezes. She uses dark magic and is practiced in the Subjugation spell.”

            “Subjugation? Isn’t that spell forbidden?” Tisha asks.

            “Yes, and no. Under certain circumstances, the spell is used mostly for prisoners and those sorts. I believe Jenna’s family work as prison wardens in the capital so it makes sense, she’d be practiced in it.” Glyn explains.

            “What do we do?” Mila asks.

            “She’d have to get in close to use her magic, so we should be safe as long as we stay at range with our attacks.”

Zanrit nods. “She’s a wary opponent, but one we can easily overcome.”

            “Right. Subjugation is her only skill of note, so she should be easy to take out if we pay attention even if she’s going to bring some mercs with her.”

Ricard looks up at the group. “So, you have a plan, huh?”

            “Yeah. But there’s something else I’d want to look over.”

            “What?”

            “The Mythril from the golems. Is it still stuck in the mines?”

            “No one’s touched it to my knowledge. No one’s had the energy to go back down there.” He explains.

Glyn smirks. “Then I’d like to claim ownership. With the remains of those things with a skilled enough blacksmith, we can make some decent weapons.”

            “Mythril arms would be an improvement,” Zanrit says, looking over his metal club and staring at the dents and damage.

            “Well, if you want it, I can’t promise you anything, but as far as I’m concerned, it’s yours. No one wants anything to do with the remains of those things, anyway.”

            “Great, now we’re going to have to haul stuff. My ship wasn’t designed to carry over that much stuff, you know,” Tisha says.

Glyn nods. “Trust me, I’ll figure something out.”

            “You’d better.”

            “Anyway, there’s something else I wanted to show you.” Ricard stands up as the group stares at him. “I promise it’ll be worth your time.”

 

Following Ricard deeper into the caverns, they arrive close to the bottom where a group of various men lay on the ground exhausted. In the back of the room sit four weapons, a sword, a bow, a staff, and a large club shining with a magical aura. Glyn stares at them as Ricard puffs out his chest with pride.

            “These are….”

            “Magic Tools.”

            “Their new, fresh, how….”

            “I don’t know what Jubert Island has. But here we have a clan of blacksmiths that specialize in making Magic Tools or Magic Weapons.”

Glyn grabs the staff and stares at it in awe. “These are impressive. But I can see the flaws in your craftsmanship.”

            “Oh, you noticed. Sorry to say we only had some scraps to use as a base, so these will only hold up for a few uses. But it’ll be useful for taking out Fenwick’s forces and maybe even that shield of his.”

            “What’s cooking in that head of yours?” Tisha asks.

            “Easy. We’ve weakened it and if we hit it with a strong enough spell, it should buckle so now….”

As the group talks, the cavern shakes and someone comes rushing into the cavern. He catches his breath as everyone turns to him.

            “We’re under attack! Lady Pepper is assailing us!” He yells out.

            “I knew we couldn’t trust her,” Ricard says.

            “That’s not it.” Glyn clenches his teeth. “I should’ve figured he’d have his eyes on her from the beginning. She never had a chance….”

            “What do we do?” Mila asks.

            “I doubt these guys can fend her off. Besides, we need the bodies for assailing his base. So, everyone, let’s get out there and go bring Pepper under control.” He orders.

            “Roger!” Everyone yells out.

0