Ch.71: Rescue Mission
4 0 0
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Inside of the cavern, Eliana holds the arrow head close to her as the light shines bright. She turns to Aoife, who Tisha helps lean up against the cave wall, the surrounding mist fading away. Tisha then turns to the cavern’s entrance, placing her hand against the barrier. She closes her eyes and counts the footsteps, making note of six creatures walking around outside. She then turns to Eliana and nods as the two get ready to make their move.

            “They have six monsters outside. I’ll need you to give it one bolt of lightning to distract them. Then I’ll handle the rest.”

            “Can you fight without your bow?”

            “Well, I’m better with it. But while I’m not a mage, I have some skills with magic.”

Eliana nods.

            “I promise I won’t let anyone hurt you or your mother. I’ll swear on my blood to that.”

Eliana’s eyes widen. “But…”

            “I know you may hate me because I’m an Elf. But I want you to know I respect and admire your brother.” She blushes, turning away. “And it’d be annoying as hell to go back to him and say I let his most precious people get hurt!”

Eliana stares at her with her mouth agate. “Right! I believe in you!”

            “Thanks. Now we just have to wait for the right moment.”

            “When is that?”

            “When your brother comes knocking on their front door.”

 

In the forest, Glyn marches with Mila by his side. The two march towards a large cave entrance leading to an underground burrow. A pair of wolf monsters charge ahead at the two with Mila rushing in and drawing her sword. She cuts the monsters down as Glyn marches forward, leaving her behind.

He stands in front of the cavern with Jenna walking up to greet him.

            “How?” She asks.

He holds out the glowing arrow. “A little trick from a friend of mine.”

            “You’re all so annoying!” Lika yells, flying down from above. “But since you’re already here, we might a swell use this as a chance to finish things.”

He nods. “Your right. Let’s finish this and get this stupid crap over with! I have too much to deal with to take time out of my busy life to deal with you two losers!”

            “What did you say!?” Jenna yells.

            “Losers. That’s what you are. You lose the game and like Fenwick, you can’t get over it. At least he had the decency to not drag everyone else down with his temper tantrum.”

Like screams and fires off a flaming blast from her stick. Glyn holds out his book and the flames die out before reaching him. He stares at Jenna, who pulls on an invisible chain. Three enormous monsters come out bearing their fangs at Glyn, who stands watching the three.

            “Come on now. I said, let’s get this over with.”

Two figures leap through the tree line, rushing to Glyn’s side as they slash through the monsters. Faye and Tan stand together in front of Glyn as he smirks.

            “What was this a trick?” Jenna asks.

            “Not much of one. You should’ve seen this coming.”

            “You're right, we did.” Jenna snaps her fingers.

The twins leap down from above, aiming their swords at Glyn. Before they can hit, Miller and Sam block their attacks. The two push the twins back and hold out their weapons, ready for the fight.

            “Remember us?” Miller asks.

            “Yeah. We’re here to put a stop to you again,” Sam says.

The twins roll their eyes. “Damn it. These are tricky.”

            “Annoying little pawns.”

Jenna scowls and stops her feet. “Fine, I have plenty of monsters who’ll…”

A pillar of flames erupts from the forest.

            “What?”

Lika flies up and looks down. As monsters gather, Mila throws fireballs out at the gathered masses, disrupting their groups. As they scramble to get back together, the other pawns step in, knocking them back. Before Lika can catch her bearings, a boulder flies across the sky, nearly hitting her. She looks down to see Zanrit grabbing another boulder to toss out at her.

            “Jenna! We’re boxed in!” She screams from the sky as she dodges the stone.

Jenna glares at Glyn. “You bastard!”

            “Takes one to know one.” He retorts.

She snaps her fingers and growling can be heard from inside the cavern. “Fine, let’s see how you like it when I take away the things that you love!”

 

Inside the cavern, the barrier entrapping Tisha and the others fades. Six large wolf monsters appear on the other side, bearing their fangs. But inside, Eliana sits with electricity sparking across her fingertips. She fires off a magic blast of electricity, shocking the wolves and forcing them away from the entrance.

Tisha rushes out, pulling an arrowhead from her back pocket and stabbing it into the ground. Vines and plants grow from the arrow enveloping the area. The wolves sit entrapped by the vines as Tisha stands in the middle of the room.

            “Alright, I’ll help your mother, so let’s get out of here.”

Eliana nods. “Right!”

 

Outside the cavern, Jenna sits stunned as the noise inside comes to a sudden end. She senses her monster's defeat and watches her allies struggle around her. She stares at Glyn, holding a smug smile on his face as she clenches her fist and focuses all her hatred on him.

            “Glyn Mattox…. If it weren’t for you… if it weren’t for you….”

            “If it weren’t for me, that idiot boy toy of yours would’ve been held back several times by now.”

Her anger spikes and she screams as a gigantic shadow appears over the area.

            “Here it is.” He says. “Your last gift from your man.”

A loud cry echoes over the island, focusing everyone’s attention as Jenna struggles to stand. A large red and black two-headed Dragon appears flying over the island. The flapping of its wings causing the surrounding air to ripple and shake as it slowly flies to the ground. Chains appear around its neck as the surrounding wind goes wild.

Jenna laughs. “I hate you so much. I don’t care if using this thing kills me. I’ll see this entire island torched before I let you get away with this!”

            “Yeah, I know. But what do you have to say about this, Pepper?”

As the wind blows, a woman with long blond hair appears standing next to Glyn. She opens her eyes, revealing two brilliant purple orbs.

            “I was right. This is going to be a bother.”

Glyn turns to her. “This was your idea.”

            “It was not. I just gave you a suggestion, is all. This was your plan from the beginning.”

Glyn smiles. “Yeah, it was. Now everyone, let’s finish this by killing that stupid fake Dragon!”

0