Day 1.1: Meeting new seatmate
307 0 4
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

I’m checking my bag again for the second time this morning, making sure I don’t leave anything behind. This is my first day as a high school student, after all, don’t wanna make a bad impression over some stupid mistake. But… it’s quite silly how I’m worried about this so much when I’m sure in a short time it won’t be that much of a difference from what I’ve always done before in middle school. 

 

Sigh. I should just get going.

 

Walking down the stairs, I took slow steps in consideration of my father, who was probably still in deep slumber in his room. While today may be his son’s first day in a new school, I wouldn’t want to wake him annoyingly just for that when I know he’s still probably tired from his job. It has always been this way anyway. And I’m sure he doesn’t remember anyway

 

I wore my shoes and said my silent farewell to no one in particular. It’s kind of sad to imagine what could’ve been if things were different back then, but there’s no point in regretting it now. I closed the door and walked away. 

 

Fortunately, the school I was aiming for is just around the neighborhood, so I don’t need to take a commuter train just to get there. I could just walk, but I rather use my handy bicycle, it’s more convenient, and I can get there faster, obviously.

 

Getting closer to the school, I see many students wearing the same uniform as me, you can already guess where they’re headed. But considering how many went from the same main street, chances are I may have a neighbor from around the house who also goes to this very same school. But I’m not really close to any of my neighbors to know that for sure, and that’s a story for another day. 

 

Soon after entering the school and ignoring those formalities, including the long-winded welcome speech from the principal, I found my seat in my class immediately. It's right beside the window, a comfortable position. When I was just about to sit, a guy in front of me noticed my presence and turned around to face me. 

 

Yano: "Hey, name's Yano Nojiri. Pleased to meet you" 

The boy politely raised his hand to me. I guess he's my first acquaintance in this school.

Hirata: "Likewise, my name's Hirata Koichi. Nice to meet you, Nojiri-san" 

Yano: "We're classmates, no need for formalities" 

He smiles at me. What a nice person. I smiled back. 

 

Observing him a bit longer and you can feel his overall personality, radiating a confident posture with a bright smile. He was about to say another word to me before a girl passes by and says her greeting to him. 

 

???: “Hey, Yano, looks like we’re going to be in the same class again”

Yano: “Geh, Kurihara… why are you always sticking with me”

???: “Hey, I’m not in charge of assigning class, but then again, I guess this is just a part of god's will so you won't forget to pay your debt to me” 

Yano: “Oh come on, I was just borrowing a small change”

???: “If it’s really that small to you, you should just pay me back already. It’s been a month already”

Yano: “Ne-next time” 

 

The girl sat right beside him, so position-wise, she’s diagonally front-right to me. I was just listening to their talk before she took notice of me and start making a small conversation with me as well.

 

???: “Oh hello, sorry if we disturb you. This numb-skull is kinda an idiot, so we can ignore him”

Yano: “Hey!”

Kurihara: “Anyhow, I’m Kurihara Madoka, nice to meet you” 

Hirata: “Nice to meet you too, Madoka-san, I’ll be in your care until the next year”

Kurihara: “Hehe, likewise” 

Yano: “Don’t be fooled by her appearance, she may look like this but inside, she’s a witch. She’ll bind you” 

Kurihara: “You were saying something?” 

She just glanced at him with a somewhat darker aura, she may intentionally try to intimidate him. 

Yano: “Yo- you’re not scaring me… okay?”

Despite what he said, it’s quite apparent how he’s afraid to face her and instead just look directly at me. 

 

From this short back-and-forth, it’s obvious they had something going on already. Considering this is our first day of school, I imagine they already know each other really well before school even started. 

 

It’s obvious they were already a classmate in middle school when she said ‘in the same class again’ but they’re definitely more than just a classmate when he had a debt on her a month prior, in a time period where we don’t actively go to school, I reckon they meet outside of school.

 

Interestingly enough, they also called each other by their first names. I don’t think they’re a couple when they shit-talked each other… or maybe they’re just an idiot couple? But what caught my attention, even more, was Yano’s line when he said, ‘why are you always sticking with me’. 

 

Either they’re just a really-really close friend or…

 

Hirata: “You two are quite close… childhood friends?”

They just blinked a few times on me and Yano made the first comment 

Yano: “Ah- yeah. How did you know?”

Hirata: “Just a stupid little guess” 

Really, it’s just a stupid guess. In this society where we consider calling first names as a way to measure intimate level, it’s easy to gauge any relationship, and the rest of all other finer details are up to speculation. 

 

Kurihara: “Uhm.. yeah. As annoying as it is, I know this thing from way back”

Yano: “Why do you treat me like an object, and also what’s with that exasperated face”

They’re quite a funny combination, I guess my high school time is going to be interesting. I was going to say something else to them, but then my eyes wandered to another place, to the class’s door. 

 

There, a cute girl with short, hazy hair emerged. I wouldn’t say she’s the most beautiful in the whole school or something like that, but I just stared at her like an idiot. But I had my own reason as to why I looked at her. 

 

When she glanced around the class, presumably to find her seat, her eyes landed on me, and she was equally surprised to see me. But that perplexed look only stays for a matter of seconds, and she smiled soon after. 

 

With a little jog, she sat on a chair right beside me. 

 

???: “Hey… it’s been a while”

Hirata: “Yeah, a really long while” 

Instinctively, I had a warm smile on my face, but how could I not? I finally had a chance to meet her again. 

 

My former sister, Emi

 


Oayoo. Here I made a new series, yeee, and yes it's another incest story, don't question it. 

 

4