Chapter 1: Darkness
429 3 16
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

**There's a mess in aisle 5, please clean it immediately**

The announcement echoed throughout the Mart, already filled with countless chattering from many of its customers. Ian is one of them. He just got out of school and went to the Mart to fetch some things such as bottled water and condiments for his mom's pantry. He slowly pushed his cart browsing some stuff to buy.

"Argg, I should only buy the things from the list, mom would scold me if she found out I bought some Twix." He sighed. That's where he found 5 packs of discounted choco cereal at the bottom of the rack. 

"Well, this is a steal!" he thought while he reached for the 5 pack bundle. He bent down and tried to lift the cereal with his left hand, but to no avail.

"It's stuck?" He murmurs. 

"Hey bro," he shouted as he called the guy that is putting some products on the shelves just a few meters from him.

"Yes sir?"

"The cereal, it's stuck, is it taped to the shelf or something??"

"Stuck, sir?" The guy said, puzzled. He reached for the cereal and lifted it by using only his right hand.

Ian is shocked. "But I can't even lift it?", and then...

Ian suddenly staggered, this immediately alarmed the guy and he rushed to help Ian stays standing upright.

"Sir! Are you alright?!" said the guy, followed by shouts of "HELP!"

"W-hart-t-s happ-pening" Ian said, barely understandable. He suddenly lost his balance and felt weakness in his right arm and leg.

The commotion immediately attracts some of the people in the vicinity, and with the shout of the guy, even more, people rushed in to see what was happening. Then a guy shouted, "Give us some space!"

"Lie him down!" he said to the guy who is helping Ian stand up.

"Call 911, NOW!" he shouted, some people who were watching the scene called 911, but most of them are filming using their cellphones.

"Hey lad, can you pinch my arm?" He said while holding Ian's left hand, Ian tried to pinch, but he can't even feel what was happening to his hand.

"I c-c-cahnt" Ian barely managed to say.

"Lad what's your name?" The guy asks Ian, probably to avoid him going to sleep

"I-Ian." 

"Hi Ian, I'm Mark, don't worry, you'll be alright," Mark said while he grabs the cereal and puts it on Ian's head like a pillow.

"S-sir? What happened to him?" the guy who helped Ian asked.

"Stroke." This answer shocked everyone, including Ian himself.

'Stroke?! but I'm 22 years old, not an old man?!'

"But it looks like he's still a teenager, isn't he too young?" 'Exactly!"

"Stroke can happen to virtually anyone regardless of age. WHERE'S THE FUCKING MEDIC"

"I-I have already called 911," someone from the crowd said.

'Am I going to die?' Ian thought, his consciousness is slowly dripping, Mark noticed this and tried to shout to Ian to wake him up. 

'I d-don't want to die...' "Ai dd-zont whwhant t-t-to dyee." Ian tried to speak again, but his words are getting more slurred by the second. 

"You're not going to die, Ian, so don't close your..." All sounds became distant murmurs, Ian tried to grasp Mark's word, but the ounce of consciousness remaining on him is not enough. Everything faded to black. He found himself floating in an endless void of nothingness. Every single memory flashed across his eyes, from his first birthday to his last heartache, the waves of laughter, and cries, the people he has ever met, the people who hurt him, the people who made him smile everything. 

<< An unknown lifeform entered Vefirian, Scanning for Magic Signatures...>>

<< No matching Magic Signature, the entity is tagged as 'Invader'>>

<< Start purge for 'Invader' >>

<<Mind Cleansing commencing...>>

Emotions flooded his mind, and every emotion that he ever felt, from sadness to happiness, all came crashing down like the unrelenting waves of the primal seas. He mentally screamed as it overwhelmed his mind, then suddenly, something echoed throughout the void.

"You should always think before doing anything, always keep your mind open, but don't let your environment muddle your thinking..." 

"Grandpa?" Ian recognized that voice and advice, it was his Grandpa Max who passed away 8 years ago, since Ian grew up without a father figure, his grandfather filled in that spot, he taught Ian some valuable advice, just like this one when he was caught pummelling his classmate's face because he got taunted.

[[ You have awakened ]]

[[ Innate Skill: Resolute Mind ]]

<< [Resolute Mind] is interfering with the Mind Cleansing >>

<< Mind Cleansing Unsuccessful>>

<< Purge halted >>

<< Magic Signature found, requesting for integration voucher... >>

<< Mavoc denied >>

<< Elisar denied>>

<<Keir...>>

...

...

<< All administrators denied access, commencing disintigratio- >>

<< Prime Administrator Vefir vouched for integration >>

<< Removing designation 'Invader' from the entity >>

<< New designation taken from memory >>

<< Ian Wright >>

' Huh? Skill? Mind Cleansing? What the hell is happening? ' without the overbearing pain of the Mind Cleansing, Ian is now able to recognize the weird and almost mechanical voices that are flooding the whole void.

[[ Resolute Mind is now Level 1 ]]

[[ Resolute Mind is now Level 2 ]]

[[ Resolute Mind is now...]]

[[ Resolu...]]

...

...

[[ Resolute Mind is now Level 10! ]]

[[ Resolute Mind has evolved to Divine Clarity ]]

[[ You have acquired ]]

[[ Unique Skill: Divine Clarity ]]

' Skill? What is this, a game? Did I got reincarnated like in those fantasy troupes online? Cool!

<< Integrating  Ian Wright's soul to a newborn Human >>

' Oh my god, OH MY GOD ITS HAPPENING ' The void Ian is currently floating in starts to break, and then it returns to its former state.

' Huh? What happened? '

<< [ Divine Clarity ] can't be handled by a weak vessel >>

<< Suitable vessel found, Integrating... >>

' Nice, so if isn't Human, what is it the-' Ian hasn't been able to finish his thoughts when a blinding light engulfed his vision.

16