Chapter 3: Growth
307 4 14
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.
Spoiler

Stats

STR: Physical power

CON: Physical resilience 

DEX: Physical finesse

PER: Overall awareness 

INT: Mana regen, Mana cap

WIS: Magic power

END: Magical resilience 

CNT: Magic control

[collapse]

'...shit' Panic immediately sets in as more green lights appeared all over the clearing, he knew that those are the other Forest Wisps that the Quest is about. Ian is about to sprint (float?) toward the sea of trees, and that's when something within him extinguishes the panic that he felt earlier.

Ian suddenly stopped, stunned by the sudden predicament, he tried to make sense of it, until a panel suddenly popped out. 




Divine Clarity (Unique)(Hybrid)

 

A mind in disarray is something every being should be concerned about, except you.

Effects: Mental attack immunity (Passive) || Prevents mind destabilization (Passive) 

Speeds up brain activity by 3x (20-second duration //1-hour cooldown)(Active) || MIND stat unlocked.




He immediately understood the skill and activated it without delay. Everything in his surroundings slowed down by a lot, he was amazed by the effect of the skill but he immediately broke away from his astonishment and tried to find a safe place to hide.

 
'Shit, everywhere's full of them' he mentally sighed, the increase in brain activity and the eerie calmness that he felt worked together to find a solution to this problem. He perceives time 3x faster because of the skill which means everything is on a slow-mo. Even though that's the case, the wisps keep pouring in on his surroundings by tens every second. 
 
'There's no other choice...' 15 seconds have already passed, and the skill is going to run out. Within those 15 seconds, he tried to find a place where he can escape, but every time he found one, a wisp manifested in that location. The only choice now is to fight, fortunately, he has some vital information that can help him.
 



Wisp Level 1
Threat Level: G, the lowest possible. They mostly do nothing except float whenever they desire to. It doesn't have any effective skill in its arsenal, and even though sometimes a species get magical capabilities, they are almost unable to perform any magical attacks due to its undisputed rock-like intelligence. However, it is recommended that when an abundance of wisps is seen, all of them should be destroyed, because wisps when born, absorb their brethren which can result in them increasing their level explosively.
 
Average HP: 0
Average MP: 200
Physical Capabilities: None
Magical Capabilities: G+
Magic Types: Elemental (Based on the environment)
Racial Traits: Limpid (Rare)



' So basically it's a dog eat dog kinda thing, well, let's get going then.' with nothing left to do, he waited for the skill to stop.
 
The ambient sound of the environment suddenly came back like a bang when the skill came to an end, Ian went to work, '[Mana Bolt]' he mentally invoked A swirling blue mass appeared in front of Ian, he felt something being taken out of his core but Ian is not alarmed since he knew that it's the system taking out his mana to perform the spell. Ian knew that this spell can't kill a Wisp, that is if he just let the system take over, he injected more mana than the system wants, and the [Mana Bolt] starts getting brighter, larger, and rounder as seconds pass by, 5 seconds later Ian stopped funneling mana into it and took aim at a wisp half a meter away.
 
[Mana: 200/300]
 
A blue light as big as a baseball hit the unaware wisp in its center.
 
Ian frowns, a [Mana Bolt] cost 20 Mana minimum, and 100 Mana maximum, past that the spell would go bonkers.
 
Upon impact, the wisp lost its green aura and fell into the tall grass.
 
<< You gained 10 EXP from killing a Tiny Forest Wisp >>
 
Ian immediately rushed to the place where the wisp stumbled into, the only thing left with the wisp is its core. Ian used his [Mana Drain] skill that can suck a corpse's residual mana, effectively gaining some extra EXP or more, fortunately, a stat point.
 



Drain Essence (Uncommon)(Active) LVL1

 
Absorb the residual essence from a fresh corpse
 
LVL1: 100% Chance to extract EXP (20% of the total EXP upon death)  || 20% Chance to get a point in a random stat. || Absorbminusculee amount of MP
LVL2: ???
 
*Corpse should be less than 1 minute old to effectively harvest.



 
<< You used [ Drain Essence ] on a Forest Wisp's corpse >>
<< You absorbed Forest Wisp's remaining essence! >>
<< +2 EXP, +1 INT, 10 MP >
 
[ Mana: 210/320 ]
 
'Nice, but...' Ian felt happy with the extra INT stat but that passed quickly, he realized that it would not be feasible to fight the hundreds of wisps with a very limited MP.
 
'!' Ian suddenly felt something amiss.
 
'Is that... Mana?' Ian concentrates as he feels the mana ripple in the air, using his senses, he tried to pinpoint the location of the disturbance.
 
He successfully found the origin of the disturbance, it's a Forest Wisp, 3 meters away from Ian. The wisp is using the spell [Mana Bolt] but it seems like it can't control how much mana to put in the spell. The [Mana Bolt] exploded, with the wisp in its radius. Ian was dumbfounded for a second, but immediately an idea sprouted in his mind.
 
Announcement
Im going to experiment with the 1st person and 3rd person view, the next chapter would be in the perspective of Ian.
14