The Battle of the Orcs(1)
178 1 5
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

A massive orc army stretched towards infinity and beyond. Every being in its path got trampled and devoured.

Be it, lizard men, ogres, or even trees for that matter. The peculiar aspect was that each time they ate a new species, they gained a particular feature of the species.

This easily made one realize that each and every orc had the potential to be an orc lord but obviously less compared to their leader.

They marched forward with loud thumps, screaming "Hookah jakah hookah hookah!" as a war anthem to give them energy.

They seemed hypnotized at one glance. A perfect S-Tier cannon fodder species, zombies should learn from them.

Their progress was slow though due to their large size and heavy armor. They were not an agile race after all.

The creatures looked like a giant set of shackles that weighed down on each other.

When they crossed a dead forest, they came across many skeletons that had been covered in ivy and moss.

An arrow flew through the air and pierced right into one of the orcs' heads.

A silver hair woman rushed into the orc army, riding a mighty bear. Her eyes shined with bloodlust and a maniacal smile ensnared her face.

Artemis was enjoying this. This was the first time, someone was hunting her than the opposite. A great challenge and she loved challenges.

A part of her felt guilty because she could not protect the forest properly but then again she was not the protector of the forest, only a few sworn were under her shelter.

She had already dispatched a few hunter corps to protect them. In the while when they would protect, she had decided to annihilate the orcs.

"Not bad." She said as she jumped off the bear's back and landed gracefully on the ground.

Her black boots cracked the earth with each step.

Artemis walked towards one of the generals of the orc army, his black tusks wagging in the wind, his hands raised in the air.

He saw her and screamed "Hookah jakah hookah hookah!"

She grinned at him and replied "Wake up you fools! Get out of here before I kill you all."

The orcs did not reply, they simply did not care. Gluttony filled the mists in their eyes, hunger was the only thing filling their mind.

Seeing the orcs marching forward, Artemis's grin further widened. She was going to enjoy this hunt.

"Oh, I don't know about the rest of you, but I am hungry." She said, looking at some of the orc corpses.

She saw a few of the bodies which had been half eaten by her bears and wolves. She nodded profoundly.

Behind her, the hunters with Callisto leading them drew their arrows in the bows.
"Nock!"

"Draw!!"

"Loose!!!"

Thousands of arrows flew into the air filled with the divine energy of the moon. It was a sight to be seen, it looked similar to a cloud that had its edges sharpened.

*Splash!*

Blood filled the ground as multiple arrows filled the bodies of the pigs but all to naught since they kept moving forward ceaselessly and uncaring.

Their wounds instead began healing and moon divinity began to fill their belly up, making them even stronger.

Of course, the arrogant feminist retinue of Artemis did not understand shit and kept firing, unknowing that they were making the enemy stronger.

A few of the orcs as if intelligent began to eat the arrows too. Their gazes turned toward the hunters.

Hunters who had taken the oath of Artemis and were protected by her moon powers had many advantages over others.

If not anything else, the fact that they could not be killed or die of age unless they wished so.

They were blessed beings, filled with the divinity of Artemis

*Splash!*

More arrows hit the ground but they did not stop.

*Splash!*

The arrows continued to rain on the orcs.

The orcs smiled. Their teeth gnashed against one other making them look even more menacing. Each arrow went into their belly as they chewed them as if crispy potato chips.

A silvery aura covered every orc, after eating so many arrows they had begun to gain divinity of the moon... and divinity is always a bad idea.

It opens up endless possibilities for abstract concepts. Divinity afterall is a mystery. The power of the gods began to run through all the orcs, the little touch of divinity had made all the orcs bound.

Due to it, every orc now had the divinity of the moon. Their threat level had just gone a different scale making them even more dangerous.

Even then... the stupid huntresses kept firing. Meanwhile, Artemis killed another orc smiling maniacally but before she could kill another one... one of the pounced upon her... she turned behind instantly and razed the pig using moonlight.

However, while she looked away a different orc bit into her flesh, when the woman realized... her eyes widened.

The orcs had changed massively... she gulped her saliva. They were no longer ordinary orcs... all of them were demigods now.

Her wounds instantly healed but she realized one major mistake and that was underestimating them. Her foolish goddess ego refused to take them seriously... and now this was the result.

A bunch of power-hungry demi-God orcs.

"Mother Artemis!" A voice called out from behind.

"What?" Artemis said in exasperation.

Callisto was surrounded by a group of orcs. A few of them wore armor and carried short swords.

One of them seemed to be the commander.

He was a gigantic beast with a massive club at his side. He was roaring and yelling.
"HOOKAH JAKAH HOOKAH!!!"

His huge size made Callisto fear for her life. She could not possibly win.

But she was a hunter, she knew what to do.

She pulled out a dagger from her belt and plunged it into the abdomen of the orc commander and dragged the blade upwards.

She yanked the knife out and stabbed a second one into the chest of the orc standing next to him.

The orc commander let out a roar of agony as the two knives pierced into his heart. The other orcs began to scream as well.

The pierced orc commander smiled menacingly, despite the blade in and the silver demi god blood flowing, intelligence sparkled in his eyes.
"Your fucking god has failed you, we are smarter, stronger, and faster..."

More orcs began to surround the woman, helplessness flashed through the eyes of Artemis as well.

The pigs were endless and stretched to infinity, it was foolish to enter alone. Now they were just too strong.

She bit her lips, she had no choice but to enter her divine form, although it would take a toll on her soul... she had to save her daughter no matter what.

After all, if she can not even save a hunter of her own... she is worthless as a goddess just like the orc mentioned.

"Bounds and constraints... RELEASE!!!"

5