A lot of Speculation
20 1 1
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Chapter 10

Pax Kane:

PDYoz6c.png

[Pax Kane]

[Tier 1]

[Statistics:

Physical:

Vitality:          13

Strength:       12

Agility:           14

Dexterity:      17

Perception:  24

Stamina:       13

Mental:

Processing:   12

Wisdom: 18

Memory: 20

Acumen: 19

Charisma: 17

Intuition:        17

 

Bloodlines:

 

Kane(Primus):

 

200% bonus to skill acquisition

50% bonus to skill leveling

 

Aremia(minor)

 

15% increase to all nature related skills

10% increase to all bonded non-humans and their related skills.

Skills:

[Staves: Improves use of staves and related weapons. 2% increase to weapon speed of all staves per level. 2% increase of blunt force exerted by staves per level ]

[Skill Level: 1]

[Observe: Infer knowledge of targeted objects and entities. Amount of knowledge gained dependent on related knowledge and skill level. .5%*Skill Level chance to gain bonus knowledge of targeted object or individual on first observation]

[Skill Level: 1]

Boons:

[Leadership: People are more likely to listen to orders given by you. Effectiveness of skill based on relationship to target and current circumstances. 1% increase to likelihood of target following a given order and .5% increase to target's understanding of order given per level.]

None

Titles:

 

None

 

Concept:

 

THE LIGHT OF KNOWLEDGE

 

Affinities:

 

Knowledge: 5%

Light: 1%

Void: 1%

Mind: 1%

 

Well, that is quite interesting isn't it? The skills and stat boost I was aware of at the time of acquiring them but seeming the accumulation I already have is quite interesting. Of more interest at the moment though is trying to understand the rest of the panel, my panic following the first few minutes of the initialization and the non consensual group hug at the bottom of the stairs had not left time for deep inspection of cosmic character sheets. 

 

First lets try and break down the meaning behind some of these stats. I am thinking in video game and shit litrpg terms at the moment because that is the only frame of reference that comes to mind when I look at these stats. In that light Vitality is generally a measure of how healthy you are. It sometimes deals with how much health you have, though looking around I don't see a disembodied red bar floating in my vision or an HP total so I guess reality isn’t quite as broken as I feared. In some games vitality affects resistances to certain types of damage or health effects like disease so I will have to keep an eye on that. Strength seems mostly self explanatory, cave man punch hard, lift big rock. Some games I’ve played have it as a secondary contributor to overall stamina or health. I need to keep my mind open, thinking inside boxes is for taxmen and the dead my grandpa has always said. Agility being in the physical category obviously has something to do with quickness of movement. Dexterity being a stat as well leads me towards thinking that agility could be an overall speed measurement and dexterity a precision stat, but it could just as well be overlapping stats or even each stat affect big verses small movements. Perception classic stat for intake of sensory information or defeating other beings stealth based on what type of system this new world is rocking. I seem to have a rather high score as well, which is odd considering my eyes have never been to great. Stamina, how long can you keep running before you keel over. Possibly has secondary resistance applications as well, always a more important stat than people think in my opinion. Staying power is the name of the game when running to stay alive or doing the horizontal tango, a primary stat for all apocalypse survivors in my opinion. The mental section has some interesting offerings, certainly more than in your traditional hack and stab game. Processing in a literal definition is a series of actions performed on something in order to change and oftentimes preserve it. Looking at this from an IT perspective I am thinking this may be analogous to seeing the mind as a meat computer. Processing would be the speed at which you can take in and change information from your surroundings to make meaningful conclusions. All conjecture but with memory also being a stat I am going to hesitantly use this as my definition from processing until further data can be collected. Wisdom the classical cleric stat. Decision making and intuition, a powerful stat that I am pleased to see being one of my higher ones. Wisdom also tends to correlate to regeneration in mana based games, no blue bars floating around either but something to keep in the back of my mind. Memory is an odd one, can't say I’ve ever seen that one in a game or book but seems pretty self explanatory, raw data storage and retrieval could be useful but I don't find myself too excited about this one at the moment. That being said, never judge a stat by its name, maybe I’ll max it out and be the next Micheal Ross. Acumen is the oddest one by far in my opinion. I have rarely encountered the word, the first thing that comes to mind is a half remember conversation where someone used the phrase “business acumen” to describe Mark Cuban’s ability to make money. The real definition of acumen eludes me but I am fairly certain it has something to do with speed and judgment when it comes to decision making. Really no clue what the system is doing with this one. Charisma, the vanity stat. I am sure it has effects on things like leadership and interpersonal relationships but every guy knows the real reason to raise it. That being said 17 better be movie star level hotness or I am filing a formal complaint with the system version of HR. Intuition knowing stuff without really knowing you know it or how you know it but being sure you know it. The itch at the back of your neck from a mugger scoping you out or the invisible radar all mothers develop after their children start walking.

 

Glancing around the living room I see the rest of the family still lost in their own worlds. I mean the glowing white text is quite fun to look at. The prickling sensation from the ball of anxiety I have shoved into my lower abdomen reminds me that I need to hurry up this perusal and get to making plans. What has happened to the world outside is still unclear but I can safely assume that society is going to be non functional for at least a little while. Getting my family through this alive and whole is directive number one. Gaining power and possibly living like a king is a distant second but still something to consider when I have a few minutes. 

 

The living room:

ZUYoy0m.png

Looking back to the rest of my panel, which weirdly enough just continued to hang in place when I turned my head. Guess it just stays where you open it, or maybe it sensed my intentions, weird shit man. Anyways, the skills I have already seen but these bloodlines are intriguing. I will have to ask the rest of the family if they have something similar. The bonus could be huge, or nothing at all. It seems like skills will be important in the days to come but I don't seem to have any problems acquiring them so far.Product of an overpowered bloodline or is getting skills really not a big deal, only time and copious acquisition of unnecessarily skills can tell, I am already looking forward to it. Titles, none, no surprise there if the title system is like anything else I’ve seen in games and books. Titles in these works of fiction generally require extreme feats of one kind or another, or to be the first to do something mildly interesting or impressive. Whatever my concept being THE LIGHT OF KNOWLEDGE means I have no the slightest clue. Thought he the fact that every time it shows up in the system, or I even think of the words, it is capitalized says something about its importance. affinities section lists knowledge, light, void, and mind. Checks out if my “concept” is related to learning and the power of knowledge. 

 

I feel a slight warm buzzing coming from my entire body as I ponder on the nature of my concept. I can sense on the periphery of my mind, a vast expanse of void and pin pricks of light extending inside of me. Trippy to say the least.

 

“Well people, there is some weird shit going on here, I am talking Tactus’ last girlfriend weird. A little show and tell then  we get down to planning?”

1