Icy
16 0 0
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

*beep beep beep, beep beep beep, BANG*

 

A hand smacked the alarm making it go quiet.

 

‘Ah, I am awake for another day it seems. Maybe I should stop going and skip school to sleep for a while.’

 

I quietly stare at the ceiling, still slightly groggy from the sleep. 

 

‘Yeah, fuck school, I’ll just sleep for another 9 hours or something.’

 

I turn around to face the wall to sleep.

 

“It’s time to get ready for school, why are you still in bed? Get up it’s 6 am, I'm off to work. Good luck.” Said a masculine voice from the door. I turn around and look at him walk away.

 

“Alright dad, have a good day at work!” I exclaimed back in an energetic voice.

 

*front door closing*

 

“Ah, good thing he didn’t see my face. Otherwise he’d know I haven’t been sleeping properly and stressing too much.” I murmured as I got out of bed and walked to the bathroom mirror.

 

‘The view is truly ugly. The eye-bags just won’t go away.’

 

I start my morning routine of showering and putting bomb ass shades on. After that are the other normal essentials like face care and toothpaste.

 

‘Anyway, my name is Ereth. Just your normal high school boy. I am 17 and tomorrow I'll be 18. I have a normal stature of 5’9 (177cm), skinny but not bony, and shoulder length black hair. Other than that, I like gaming. The game I currently play is called ‘Sodona’ where I'm the strongest I think.’

 

‘Now that I am done with my routine it’s time to go to school.’

 

I start running to school.

 

‘Ah, shit. If I had known I was going to be late I would’ve skipped the shower part.’

 

*car honk*

 

“GET OUT OF THE WAY DUMBASS!” The driver yelled loudly as I looked to my left to see a truck coming my way.

 

‘Shit shit shit shit!’

 

“STOP!” As I say this everything stops moving and turns gray. 

 

A huge, loud clock appears in the sky and starts ticking. I look to my left and see the truck inches away from my face. 

 

‘Yes, I have an ability to stop time. It lasts a minute with a cool down of 10 seconds. I know you can do a lot of stuff in one minute, I have enough evidence with what I have done. I have used this ability to steal cash and pay to win in my game. Other than that would be cheating in school and messing with people. I don’t think there is anything that can beat me with this.’

 

‘This ability can be stopped before one minute and started again. The 10 seconds cool down only starts when the 1 minute has been fully used. So, I don't have to use the one minute in one session.’

 

I keep my running going as I head to school. On my way I snatch someone's coffee out of their hand because they’re frozen. Finally, I can see the school.

 

*ding ding ding*

 

‘Fuck, the school bells. I was just about to make it.’

 

I stop running and walk the last little bit to the school office where a lady is looking at me.

 

“This is the 7th time this month you have been late Ereth, you have detention for 4 hours after school. Go to class quickly.” The lady says to me without even giving me time to talk.

 

“Yes, Ms. Vungson.” I say back sullenly while looking down.


-22 hours later, 4 am-

“Go away, go away, go away, go away, go away.” I say to the creature in the dark corner of my room. 

 

As I say this the huge creature comes closer to my bed that’s on the floor. As it comes closer it reveals the big gray body and long bent limbs.

 

The arm snakes around my leg and pulls me off the bed making my head slide under the cover, going blind. When my head finally gets uncovered and I’m on the floor I see it looking at me. 

 

Looking wouldn’t be the right word of course as it does not have eyes, it’s just a large gray mass with a huge circular mouth filled with black teeth.

 

The creature slowly brings its face to my face, not doing anything. It’s just on all fours above me.

 

“STOP” I yell hoping it would do something, anything at all.

 

After I said this everything slowed down and went pitch black. Slowly, I lost consciousness.


-?-

Suddenly, I jolted up in a cold sweat. Everything feels cold. I look around in a panic to see any signs of the creature but it’s just dark. 

 

‘Normally the things show themselves, so I guess I'm fine. But, everything feels so cold. This is definitely not my room.’

 

I try to stand up only to slip and fall face flat onto the cold floor.

 

‘Guess I’ll wait until it’s morning?’

 

As soon as I thought that everything turned an odd pink glow. This lit up the area letting me see around. It’s just a giant empty pink ice dome from the looks of it. 

 

‘No wonder it’s so cold and slippery.’

 

As I continue looking around I see something on the other end of the dome. As I scoot closer it looks like the figure of a human in a cloak.

 

‘Someone else is here?’

 

I slowly take the cloak of revealing a skeleton.

 

“AHHHH?!?!?!” I frighteningly yell out and scoot back.

 

I observed the skeleton for a good minute before the dome turned a light blue. After that I scoot closer to the skeleton.

 

‘It’s not going to do anything right? Maybe I should take the black cloak after inspecting it for bugs or weird stuff. It’s too cold here. I’m used to waking up in random places because of dreams.’

 

I take the black cloak and look at it. The only weird thing about it is the weird writing inside of it. It’s like old runes. I put the cloak on and it covers my whole body and reaches to the bottom of my legs just above my feet like some magic robe. 

 

After I put the hood on it emits a faint purple glow.

 

‘What’s going on?! It’s warm… Maybe this isn’t so bad. Although, the cloak smells weird like an old book.’

 

I look down at the skeleton and notice a pitch black pouch in its hand. As I pick it up a spike protrudes out and strikes my finger making blood draw onto it.

 

“OW! FUCK, I’M NOT GOING TO GET A DISEASE FROM THIS OLD THING RIGHT?!” I exclaim loudly.

 

The spike slowly goes back into the pouch and lets out a faint purple glow. The tight looking pouch visibly loosens in front of me and ice surrounding me turns into a light green. I reach my hand in and pull an old book out. 

 

The front of the book in bold reads ‘ALBORAZ’. So, I begin turning pages.


-3 hours later-

‘That’s strange, the rest of the book is blank… For the past few hours I've been reading this book and now I’m hungry…’

 

*thump*

 

I close the book and carefully put it back in the pouch. 

 

‘But, after reading the book I have finally figured out my situation and why the pouch could fit the book.’

 

I slowly stand up from the side of the now pink dome.

 

‘To roughly sum up the book it is a biography of the Ancient Hermit Sage, Alboraz and information he’s found out throughout his lifetime. The book was huge so it’s understandable it could hold all that information.’

 

‘First, the world I am in is no longer Earth, but is called Duran. It is a magical beast fantasy world. Second, Alboraz grew up a genius in magic, developing many things in the arts of magic and slowly alienated himself to work on magic. Finally, Alboraz stumbled on a dangerous beast infested island(this island) when he was 734 years old while randomly flying.’

 

‘The ice dome I am stuck in is the magic of an Ancient Ice Dragonlord that surprise attacked Alboraz and sealed him on the island. The spell is a legendary ice spell called ‘Immutable Frost Prison’ and ever since Alboraz has been stuck here. After a few thousand years of being stuck here Alboraz killed himself. Time in here is a lot slower than outside’

 

‘The cloak I took is something he personally made and ingrained magic to. The moment the owner dies it can be transferred by being worn. The pouch is a dimensional bag that can hold many things. The ownership was transferred when it stabbed me. Inside the bag are many books, potions, and some old beast corpses.’

 

‘Sucks to be this dude, couldn’t be me. Wait… I’m in his situation too. Although I am glad he got stuck here because now I know what’s happening. Well, time to get going I guess. Better than going to school. Maybe I can find my meaning in this world unlike the last one.’

 

I begin walking when my stomach growls…

 

‘What the fuck am I supposed to eat?!’

 

‘Alboraz was able to live off his magic as a substitute but I am not a genius mage like him or even a mage at all?!’ 

 

I quickly started looking through the pouch for books that can help my situation. Finally, I pulled out a book called ‘Unknown Dark Realm’.

 

‘Before I do anything I am going to regret I should get my own stuff down. In Alboraz’s book it said that all intelligent creatures are able to look at their power in a screen like feature. I should have my own power now that I am also in this world right? Hopefully…’

 

I close my eyes and think of a screen appearing. When I open my eyes back up there is a screen in front of me.

 

=====================================

Name- Ereth Vindi

Age- 18 

Sex- Male

Species- Human/Dominator

Level- 1

Magic

Dark Magic: Rank- Intermediate

Spells: Doroticus Summoning (1 contracted being)

Skills

Dominator Eyes- Lvl Max

Time Stop- Lvl Max

========================================

‘I’M NOT FULLY HUMAN?!’

 

 

0