Instance 3
36 0 1
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

The man walked towards him as Cazz backed away nervously. The swordsman approached slowly and silently until he was standing less than 2m away from Cazz.  He took a stance with his sword  in front  of him , making Caz raise an eyebrow in confusion, but an instinct made him also raise his sword. Of course Cazz's stance was nowhere as good as the featureless man's,  even downright amateurish,  but it was enough to save his life. The man raised his sword, and as the tip of it neared the top of his head, he swung to the left.  

*Tang*

"Kuhh...

Cazz was able to hastily block most of the attack, but there was still the next blow that caught him across the shoulder. It was so fast and nimble that Cazz couldn't even clearly perceive it. He felt pain, great pain that he hadn't ever felt before, but mostly it was shock, and that's exactly what kept him in place. His shoulder was bleeding badly, a deadly injury  for sure.

"What....just..."Cazz stumbled backwards, but he didn't fall. He lost his grip as the sword heavily clattered to the floor, signaling the end of this fight, but the man didn't care as he then brought his sword down onto his neck. With a quick slash half of Cazz's neck was severed, and he fell backwards with a showerof blood.  It was as quick as it was painful, and in less than five seconds Cazz had died in a quite a miserable way.

...........

*Clanck*

The sound of the sheathed sword hitting ground was heard in the busy tavern as Cazz  regained his vision.

"Huhhttt.." Immediately his hand went to his neck as he squeezed hard to stop the bleeding, but there was no blood to be stopped, only the feeling of the steel sword on his neck. He could still feel its sharp cold edge there, severing his neck, but a stern voice broke his concentration.

"What are you doing?!" said the drunk man across the table from him as he saw his sword on the flor. "Pick that sword up!"

"Huhh...what....

"Are you deaf?! I said pick that sword up!"

"Huh....." answered Cazz once again  with a stupid look on his face as his brain was still registering his death. His brain needed few seconds to finally registered that he was once again inside the tavern,  and that he was still sitting across someone. He then noticed the sword he seemed to have accidentally pushed to the floor,  but it was different from before. A faint, but hazy aura completly surrounded it now, making it seem as if was producing heat.

"Are you deaf....

Cazz was again dumbfounded as he looked at the sword and then up. An angry look from the man in front of him made Cazz finally  pick up the sword.

"Sorry,  I didn't men...." tried to explain Cazz, but his words were stuck in his throat as he once again found himself looking at a featureless man holding a sword,  the straw dummy, and even the wooden horse. 

"No...nononononono...not again! Why the he'll is this happening to me?"

Of course there was no one to answer Cazz as the featureless man once again again took a stance in front of Cazz , and the later immediately went  on the defensive. He hurriedly raised his sword in front of him,  and as expected,  the featureless man attacked.

"Thi...

*TANG ...ting*

The swords collided two times as the featureless man did the same attack on Cazz. Fortunately Cazz clearly remembered the direction of the second attack so he somewhat blocked it, but his arm still received a cut. It hurt, but Cazz was too focused on the fight to really noticed. Because he had managed to block the two attacks of the featureless man, maybe because the featureless man retreated a couple of steps back,  or because he couldn't handle the stress,  he decided to attack.

"Haaaaa...." yelled Cazz on the top of his lungs as he swung his sword from the top, expecting the featureless man to at least block , but he was to naive. With a quick step forward the tip of the longsword had pierced Cazz's chest. Cazz's face twisted in pain and anger as he realised he was going to die again, so as any cornered animal, he decides to at least irritate the man.

"Fuck you...."mumbled Cazz as life left his body , and weakly swung his sword with on hand, as he held the faceless man's sword with the other. The sword swing was both weak and slow, so slow that even an inexperienced fighter could avoid it, but with holding his sword in place Cazz bought himself half a second, and that's all that was needed. The end of the sword caught the left arm of the faceless man,  drawing blood. It was a good  attack that would definitely incapacitate his opponent, but unfortunately at the same time Cazz's heart stopped.

..........

*Clanck*

The sword once again fell to the ground as Cazz dropped it.

"Why you little....bastard! I'll definitely tech you a lesson...uhhhh...." angrily yelled the drunk man as he got up and the world started spinningfor him, but Cazz wasn't listening at all. He hazily stared at the hilt of the weapon on the ground with fearful eyes,  and immediately recognised it....how could he not?  Not even a minute ago he was impaled by that weapon, so how could he forget the instrument of his death.

1