Instance 5
15 1 1
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Seeing this scene Cazz's stomach churned and he was feeling a little  woozy,  but he was frozen in place seeing what was happening.  The 'zombies ' were ferocious as they ripped the envoys limb from limb like rabid beasts , but they didn't stop there as they then went  after some of the villagers. Of course it went as expected with the villagers running for their lives as fast as they could,  something that also crossed Cazz's mind immediately, but something, or more exactly 'someone' caught his attention.

'Who is that? What is he doing there?'

Suddenly a hooded figure came across the now empty battlefield, and walked over  like he was taking a morning stroll. Cazz couldn't really make out much of the person as the last ray of sunlight had crossed the horizon, but what he was sure of was that he was suspicious,  and what happened next fortified Cazz's deduction. The hooded figure kneeled down before the corpse of one of the envoys and begun to do something to his face for about a minute,  but Cazz couldn't really see what. The figure then  repeated the thing two more times with the other envoys,  but by the turn of the last one Cazz had grown impatient at his inability to see what was really happening,  so he unintentionally let out something. 

"Fuck.......

As soon as those words left his lips, the clothed figure immediately stopped what he was doing, got up, and begun to look around. It looked around for anyone or maybe it was listening for any sound,  but nothing caught its attention even after a minute, so it went back to doing its previous work. It finished drawing something on the envoys forehead and then went back the same way it had come.

..............

'Shit,shit shiiiiittt.....' on the other hand Cazz was traumatised. 'Fuck, fuck, fuuuckkkkk was that? Why the he'll did it turn aroun!? Did it really hear me?' thought Cazz as he panicked, and as his heart beat 1000 times per minute. It was such an unexpected action that Cazz suspected it was maybe a hallucination,  but he didn't really want to find out. As soon as he had seen the cloaked figure react he had immediately retreated,  and immediately headed for his house where he immediately locked his door, picked out a knife he had in his house and freaked out for the rest of the night. Every whistling of the wind, every creaking of the wooden door, and every foreign sound made him have a sleepless night.

..........

As Cazz opened his eyes the familiar ceiling,  the familiar musty smell and the familiar place made him laugh in relief "Hahaha Hahahahaha.....such a good morning! Such a predictable morning!" happily exclaimed Cazz as he put on his worn and torn shoes , and headed outside where he saw the old man pulling the handcart. As always he waved at him, and the old man did the same thing as Cazz rushed towards him.

"Good day to you old man! How was your night,  good, I hope I was good. Say, do you need some help?"

The old man raised an eyebrow at Cazz's enthusiasm,  but who was he to turn down a helping hand "Aye lad, I would appreciate it much. "

"Haha, no problem,  my pleasure." laughingly said Cazz  as he got the cart and the two of them begun to push it towards the centre of the village. During the way they of course did some small talk about the day before,  but as always the old man didn't remember anything of what had happened. This would usually disturb Cazz, but this time it was comforting knowing everything was going his way.

'Yes, last night was just a dream,  it was just a bad dream. Huuuu.....'

As every other time, Cazz and the old man made small talk as they walked along the muddy road. They talked about the weather, about the old man's daughter, about the day before, nothing out of the ordinary. It was definitely supposed to be another day on repeat,  but the next words of the old man  made Cazz drop the cart in shock.

"Do say, how is that  brother of yours doing? Has he decided on a lass from our village yet, or is he looking somewhere else? I say......huh, why did you stop? Is there something on the road?"

"Old man....what did you just say?"

"Huhh, about your brother you mean? I was just wondering if he had made his mind to marry yet or not."

'Marry, brother......brother...what...' 

Cazz thought very hard to make sense of what the old man was saying, and he unfortunately easily came to a conclusion. He actually had an older brother by three years named Ray Eastwood. He had been gone for about a month to sell some of the pelts he had made on the nearby town, and was supposed to come back soon.

"Ahhhh....speak of the devil,  if it ain't your brother."

"Brother...." murmured Cazz as he looked to where the old man was pointing.  There he saw a slim young man with very short hair coming towards them. The man wore decent clothes for a villager,  had a handsome  clean-shaven face, was holding a bow in his left hand , and a walking stick in his right.

"Brother...."unintentionally said Cazz and a chill passed through his spine as he recognised his 'brother ' as one of the envoys that had been slaughtered last night. 

1