Arc 1 Chapter 3 (1)
12 0 0
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

<Popular Student: Prince of Maths>

 

3 Ucheryc 1464, 07:01, I was already wearing academy clothes. It was neat and pleasing to the eye. It was as if it was a typical tradition to tidy up the academy clothes.

 

Everything was ready. Jackets hanging on the hanger sticks. Neatly arranged with the interior of the apartment I was living in.

 

I hurriedly opened the door and exited the academy. The movement of the door began to unfold outside. I stopped in my tracks at the sight of a smile, causing my hand to pause.

 

Apparently, the girl with two pigtails was in sight. Sky blue hair is beautiful on a sunny summer day. She had been clinging to me for some time now. 

 

"Good morning, Rivandy!" 

 

"Good morning."

 

I felt a change in the girl. This time, she flashed me a smile. I don't know what happened to this change. She took my advice yesterday.

 

"Hurry up and go! We'll be late."

 

"I know that. But, it's too soon. Wait a while longer." 

 

My hand was grasped tightly, forced to follow Aurora from behind.

 

Finally, Aurora and I left together. We were in the same apartment. Sighing beside Aurora. The woman who owned the apartment stifled a laugh at this moment.

 

"Apparently there's a couple leaving together. How cute!"

 

"..."

 

"Take it easy! You are so young. I feel like going back in time to find romance."

 

"I'll go first." Aurora said goodbye.

 

"Please take care of your Prince! Don't let him get out of control! You have a lot to lose."

 

"Yes."

 

I fell silent just like that. Aurora gave a smile easily. It felt strange with the change in Aurora's demeanour. Yesterday was gloomy, now cheerful.

 

Almost half an hour after leaving the apartment. We met up with Evelyn, a blonde lolita in the same class as us.

 

The three of us walked with the girls' sweet talk and a small book.

 

[***]

 

The academy bell rang, reminding students to go to class. Those who are late will be disciplined by cleaning the garden before entering class.

 

Class I Saintek A, a class of 24 students. They are positively valued by the community for having good academics.

 

Both Science and Maths get equal treatment in the stigmatised society of Roshan Capital.

 

A relaxed teacher. Average adult build, thin, and friendly. He is the maths teacher who will be teaching class I. Mr Stephan.

 

"Dobroya Utra!" [Dobroya Utra = Good Morning in Roshan]

 

"Good morning, sir!"

 

Mr Stephan faced the academy students who were ready to learn this time, maths. "Before the lesson, I'll take attendance first so I can find out your names."

 

"Yes, sir."

 

The roll call began in order. From letter A to Z. The letter A student's name was at the front of the roll call. After taking attendance one by one. Mr Stephan started teaching maths.

 

"Okay. Since everyone is here, we will now study the first chapter on the system of linear equations of one variable."

 

"A one-variable linear equation is an equation in the form of an unknown sentence that can be connected with an "=" (equal to) sign and contains or has only one variable."

 

"The variable itself is a symbol that signifies a changing value in a given set of operations."

 

"So, the form of a variable is ax+b=0. The letter a is the coefficient, b equals a constant, and x is the variable."

 

"An example is 3x-10=2. The number three is a variable. The x is the variable. 10 is a constant. 0 is the result of the variable from 3x-10. The result is 2."

 

"But, remember, x is not always a variable. Other letters can be used as variables. There's y, p, m, n, and so on. You are free to use your own variables."

 

Mr Stephan took some chalk from his bag and started writing on the blackboard. After the maths explanation, maths problems would be written to measure the ability of the academy students.

 

"First problem. 4y-1= 11. All you have to do is add both segments with the number one. So, the equation becomes 4y=12. After that, divide both segments by 4, so you get the variable y=3."

 

"Second problem. 6t+10=4t+16. Firstly, 4t is moved to the left-hand side, while 10 is moved to the right-hand side. So, the result is 6t-4t=16-10. If you subtract, the result is 2t=6."

 

"Now, each segment is divided by 2. So, the result is t=3. This is a bit long. But, at least you will understand it."

 

"Did you understand what I taught you?"

 

They nodded while looking at the variables on the board. Pencils in hand scribble on the paper with variables. There is no special formula. Just the way the variables were solved in their memories.

 

"Who wants to try? I'll give you some chalk."

 

Mr Stephan challenged them to write some variables on the board. They were hooked and came forward in order.

 

One by one, the students came forward and contributed by writing the variables on the board.

 

The variables 5x-2=3, 2r-5=10r, 4z-10=32, 4o-9=9-2o, and so on. Mr Stephan invited the students to sit down and then examined the variables one by one. Both eyebrows raised as they looked at some of the variables for a moment.

 

"Hm. Apparently, you need to study better. There are wrong variables and incomplete writing. Never mind! Now, I will challenge you to answer the questions that will be written on the blackboard."

 

Mr Stephan gave a problem to answer well. The designated student had to come forward and answer the teenager's question.

 

The problems were 5f+8=18, 3x-1=7, x/2+x/3=25/6. Not too difficult. Only their understanding needed to be explored more deeply.

 

Both questions were answered. Evelyn and Aurora did not come forward because they did not understand. Mr Stephan started pointing at someone and then called out to me.

 

"Now, Rivandy, come forward and answer this third question."

 

"...."

 

After coming forward, a chalk was already in my hand. I put my hand on the chalk and started working quickly.

 

It took less than 20 seconds. I had finished quickly. Without any mistakes, as if I wanted to worship my workmanship.

 

"Wow! So fast! I don't see any students as talented as you. Everything is correct. From the steps to the result."

 

"That's easy. First, do the LCM (Minor Common Multiple) on the denominator. The result is (3x+2x)/6=25/6. Then, both segments are multiplied by 6. The remaining 3x+2x=25. Just add the variable, and divide by 5 and the result is x=5."

 

"Yeah. I'm used to this problem. I've read the Encyclopedia of Maths a few times. It's not worth it to me."

 

All eyes were on me. Not only the way the maths was done, my face seemed familiar to them. It was as if it had never been forgotten in memory.

 

"No wonder you got a perfect score. This difficult problem can be done easily. I didn't expect such a talented student here."

 

Mr Stephan praised me. Gave me my first round of applause. Followed by sweet pouts from the other students. Even the girls glanced at me for a moment with a poke. It didn't matter to me.

 

They feel the beauty of maths answers written in white chalk.  No one wants to forget my own method of solving maths.

 

"Wow! There is a handsome student who is a genius. He can do maths faster than a deer."

 

"Besides being handsome, he's also smart."

 

"Yes. Is he as handsome as the prince in the fairy tale book?"

 

"Of course he is. He is the prince who came for us."

 

"Looks like Goddess Vortunya has blessed us."

 

"Prince Maths. I love you."

 

Aurora and Evelyn were silent. Just giving me support was enough. I was allowed to return to the classroom. However, they came to me to help improve their skills.

 

I received them well. I didn't seem to mind being gossiped about by the girls, and approaching me so casually. I could only serve them when I could do the maths.

 

After the maths lesson ended, I couldn't leave the classroom. They were still clinging to me, so Aurora and Evelyn went to the canteen first without me.

 

"Prince of Maths! Teach me some more!"

 

"I'm so glad you did it for me. Please!"

 

"Alright! I'll look into your requests. Get ready! You can't take a break now!"

 

My eyes just looked blank and unfocussed, the girls surrounded me in every corner so that I couldn't escape from them.

 

My classmates couldn't do anything to get me out of this class.

 

They filled up their front seats to have their happiest experience. 

 

The problem (4/7)x=/14/12 was written on the blackboard, looking difficult to most of the students upon seeing this question. However, not for me. 

 

"This question is quite easy. You just add 7/4 to the two segments. It looks like this, (4/7)x * (7/4) = (14/12) * (7/4). This is so that the x-segment becomes 1. Like this."

 

My hand had solved the x equation problem and gave hope that the girls could understand the problem I was working on.

 

The result was x = 49/24. Their eyes lit up and they started installing their memories in order to understand the lesson.

 

Not only that, I also filled in other problems so that they wouldn't miss the next piece of information. 

 

I also watched them one by one and a mentoring aura spread across the room.

 

After the gruelling teaching, the academy bell rang. I had finished teaching them maths and forgot about the wasted break time.

 

It doesn't matter, it can be replaced with another time.

0