Chapter 1 : Welcome to The Office
83 2 6
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

God, I hate this damn job. Every single day I have to clean up a mess caused by one airhead kami or another.

These idiots think that they can just isekai random people without reporting it to the department, but once the ‘hero’ they so stupidly summoned gets out of control, they come knocking at my door.

My job is to keep track and manage all those who get isekaid. Their original world, the world they went to, and the kami responsible for sending them there. But neither the kami nor the supposed heroes make it easy for me.

Most kami are unlike what mortals imagine. They aren’t these divine, omnipotent beings who transcend time and space. they are airheaded idiots who can’t even follow the simplest of instructions.

They usually lose control of their worlds due to getting too drunk and causing a natural disaster or two, then proceed to rant about some political or ideological crap no one cares about. And when it’s eventually ignored by everyone around, they send a prophecy to their priests-who usually take it the wrong way and start a war.

Ever wondered why there are so many wars between demons and humans? It’s not some bullshit evil dark magic, it’s just a drunk closet racist god.

once that was noticed in my reports, HR sat me down for a 2-hour sermon, and I wasn’t even involved.

*knock* *knock*

Two loud knocks, ugh-it’s probably the intern. That girl never has good news, it’s always some overly complicated problem with her.

“come in”

“g-good evening manager, I-I’m sorry to interrupt your work but there is a gentleman here to see you.”

Of course, there is.

“let him in”

All right, only 15 minutes until we close. I’ll just stall him until-

“hello manager-san”

Oh no, not this cheap bastard. Why does it have to be him, it’s just 15 minutes till closing time.

“Hello mister Daikokuten how may help you again today”

I hate him so much. This asshole, evetime he comes in here without fail he manages to steal my pen. And I have five in the cup, yet he always goes for the most expensive one.

“Manager-san I have a big problem on my hands. You see the party of heroes I summoned to my world hasn’t been making any progress on their quest to slay the evil lich dragon.”

God, this bastard is already eyeing my pens.

“it’s already been a year now, I gave them my blessing and summoned them to a proper kingdom. I don’t know where I went wrong.”

He’s looking right at my most expensive one too. bastard, at least look me in the eye when asking for help.

“so, what do you think manager-san?”

“huh? oh right. Can you tell me more about this party? Their age, classes, and what kind of system did you introduce for them.”

“Well, two are 16 and one is 17”

Why the hell do they always isekai teens? Angsty bastards go evil half the time.

“I made sure it’s a balanced teal of a mage, warrior, and healer.”

At least you didn’t fuck that up.

“And as for the system, I decided on a new RPG leveling system”

Huh, maybe it isn’t his fault this time. RPG living systems are common—wait, what did he mean by ‘new’?

“in what way is this system new?”

“Haha, I’m glad you asked. I based it on this new, popular game the humans made called ‘Kiavlo Immortal’.”

No way this bastard did what I think he did.

“they wouldn’t by any chance have to ‘PAY’ to level up or get legendary items?”

“No”

Oh, thank god-

“Not for the first 10 levels. After that, they pay 0.99 for one level up or get the bundle for 9.99 which includes 10 level-ups plus a random legendary gear.”

I’m going to kill him.

“Ah, I think I found the problem here, Mr. Daikokuten. With the current exchange rates, 0.99 god dollars comes out to roughly 1 billion human gold. There is no way for that party to level up high enough without starving the entire continent.”

“Oh, dear me. should I lower the prices then?”

THIS GREEDY BASTARD

“Haha, no sir. You need to remove this system and replace it with a more traditional non-monetized system. Here fill up this paper and bring it back to me tomorrow, and we can authorize a system change for the same party.”

“it took me such a long time to carefully make that system. I even added what humans call ‘loot boxes. Oh well, no need to fret over spilled milk I suppose.”

Just get out of my office, please

“All right, thank you for the help manager-san. See you soon”

Thank god he left. The greedy bastard thought he could— wait where’s my pen? I looked away for half a second to bring out the document, how the hell did that greedy bastard steal it?

Whatever. 5 minutes left on the clock and I can finally go home

*knock* *knock*

…I hate this job.

6