Season 2 [Chapter 119: The Wharf]
4 0 0
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Ishikari’s friend nodded and immediately ran away from here; Suga ran after her; Nellson then flew after them. The policeman was a little surprised to see that.

“Hey, wait a minute, we’ll go there together!”

The policeman ran after them while turning on the communications radio in his hand.

“I received a report of an attack; all units immediately secured the area around the shrine.”

A man’s voice was heard on the police’s radio communication device.

“What? How is the condition?”

The policeman’s expression turned serious.

“I’m rushing to the crime scene. I’ll let you know when I get there.”

Another male voice on the radio communications link replied.

“Understood, we will also move immediately now.”

The policeman put his communication radio device back in his waist bag and continued running after Suga and Ishikari’s friend.

After some time running, Suga and Ishikari’s friends arrived at the place where they had been attacked. They stood with their breath a little short while looking at the forest’s darkness before them. Nellson flew after them and landed near them. Ishikari’s friend was trying to fix her breathing.

“Ishikari was pulled by a woman wearing a kimono into the forest, along with our missing school friend.”

Suga was surprised as he thought.

“Their missing school friend? Damn, this most likely has something to do with Gasokami.”

Ishikari’s friend appears to remember something that was bothering her.

“Ishikari was pulled so hard that it seemed like she was thrown. Maybe because it was dark, I didn’t see it clearly.”

Suga was surprised, and immediately remembered that the police he faced yesterday were also suddenly thrown hard into the forest strangely like an invisible force was pulling on his body. Suga’s expression turned serious.

“Okay, you wait here and don’t do anything rash. I’ll look for Ishikari.”

Ishikari’s friend nodded. Not long after, the policeman arrived near them, gasping for breath. Suga turned to Nellson.

“Let’s go, Nellson.”

Nellson nodded. Suga turned to the policeman.

“I’ll leave her with you, sir.”

Before the policeman answered, Suga ran into the forest, and Nellson flew after him. The policeman was surprised to see Suga.

“Wait a minute, don’t be careless!”

But Suga had run deep into the forest and was not seen again. The policeman took his communication radio device.

“I’m in the area next to the shrine; you all come here quickly.”

The policeman put his communication radio back then turned to Ishikari’s friend.

“You should go somewhere safe, I’ll follow Hisoka.”

Ishikari’s friend nodded. The policeman then ran into the forest. Just walking away a few steps, Ishikari’s friend ran into several police officers running towards her. Ishikari’s friend immediately explained what had happened.

Back to Suga, he ran through the forest’s darkness among shady trees; assisted by his smartphone’s flashlight, Nellson flew close to him while occasionally preceding him and landing on the ground. Suga looked around, but there was like only an endless forest's darkness. Suga continued to run, carefully adjusting his running speed but without hesitation. While running, Nellson talked with Suga.

“We don’t know where Ishikari is, Suga. This forest is too wide.”

Suga slowed down and began to walk fast.

“You’re right. I even don’t have my katana with me. I might almost completely depend on you if anything bad happens, Nellson.”

Nellson got ahead of Suga and landed on the ground.

“Leave that to me, Suga. Where do you think Ishikari is now?”

Suga shook his head slowly.

“I don’t know either, but I have a feeling this has something to do with Kagohara village, and we have to go there.”

Nellson nodded.

Not long after, they arrived at the edge of a river with a not-too-strong current. Suga looked around and found no sign of Ishikari. Nellson landed near Suga and looked around. Suga looked curious.

“This river could lead us to the village.”

Nellson nodded.

“I remember the man’s words who owns a bicycle rental shop. Isn’t there anything left of that vanished village? A wharf?”

Suga also immediately realized that and appeared to remember something.

“You’re right; a man also willingly sacrificed himself and came to that wharf ten years ago. We might be able to find a clue there.”

Nellson nodded. Suga turned around and walked towards the Kagohara town.

“Let’s go back to the inn and try to get there, Nellson.”

Nellson nodded, then flew after Suga. Not long after, Suga ran into the policeman chasing him into the forest, whose breath was a little out of breath.

“You’re in such a hurry, Hisoka. Did you find any clues about Ishikari?”

Suga looked doubtful.

“Unfortunately, no, sir. There’s something I want to do; I’ll excuse myself.”

Suga then walked away with accelerated steps. The police could only watch him leave with an astonished expression.

Suga arrived back at the place where he had entered the forest. The area around the shrine was now quite busy with people and police officers after Ishikari’s friend saw that her friend had been taken away. People and police officers began walking into the forest to search for Ishikari. Suga watched them for a moment, then walked away from here.

The time is 12:30 am. Suga walked out of the inn, wearing a black shirt tucked in with the top button unbuttoned, black trousers, a belt, black boots, a white Yokai Controller Association Overcoat with a black stripe pattern, and a black katana in his left hand. Suga also carries a flashlight that can be hung stably on his body. The armor on Suga’s back is connected to a belt that ties his body under his clothes, so Nellson can easily carry Suga’s body when flying. Suga got on his bicycle, and Nellson flew into the bicycle’s front basket. Suga then pedaled his bicycle away from here.

Arrived at a residential area on the edge of town, Suga parked his bicycle on the sidewalk. Suga walked into the forest, and Nellson flew after him. In the forest, Suga walked while assisted by a flashlight in his right hand to illuminate his surroundings. Suga stopped his steps, Nellson then landed near him.

“We’re flying from here, Nellson.”

Nellson nodded. Black smoke began to billow from all over Nellson’s body and then enveloped him. From behind the black smoke, Nellson reappeared with his body size two meters tall. Nellson took a stance from afar, then ran and took off towards Suga, grabbed the armor on Suga’s back, and took him flying with him.

Suga and Nellson flew over the river while watching their surroundings vigilantly. Nothing suspicious was seen as they flew until finally, their attention was focused on a wharf on the river bank. Nellson flew towards this wharf. Suga then landed stably, and Nellson also landed nearby. They are now at a wharf with a wooden bridge extending over a concrete platform on the river bank to dock boats and a one-story modern classic Japanese-style building with plaster walls. This building looks abandoned and is damaged in several parts, and the front door is a dull wooden sliding door. Suga looked around him in surprise.

“As uncle said, it’s strange to have a wharf like this in the middle of the forest. This wharf is supposed to be in Kagohara village, but the village vanished.”

Nellson nodded, his attention then focused on the only building here.

“That building might have a clue.”

Suga nodded.

“There’s only one way to prove it.”

Suga walked towards the abandoned building. Black smoke billowed from all over Nellson’s body and enveloped him; he then returned to the size of an owl in general and flew after Suga.

Suga arrived in front of this building and tried to peek out of the window, but the window panes were very dull and dusty, so the view inside the room couldn’t be seen. Suga walked towards the wooden sliding door entrance and opened it, and find it wasn’t locked. Suga opened the sliding door and stepped in; Nellson flew after him.

Suga illuminates the interior of the building using his smartphone’s flashlight. Inside this room is a wharf guard post; there are two bedrooms, a bathroom, a toilet, a desk, a cupboard, and various other pieces of furniture, all of which are slightly damaged, dusty, and neglected. Suga checked the building and found a notebook that looked newer than the other items on the table, although it was still dull and dusty. Suga took this book, checked on it, and realized another book that looked newer under it. Suga opened the book and found a note entitled “Gasokami Sacrifice Ritual,” surprising Suga. Suga opened this book, which contained the procedures for performing the ritual.

“I found notes on how to perform the ritual.”

Nellson flew and landed on the desk, then joined in reading the book curiously.

“Why is the book in a place like this?”

Suga’s attention was then focused on the other book.

“Maybe we can find clues in the other book.”

Nellson nodded; they then checked the other book they found. Not long after, Suga realized something.

“The dates in this book are from about ten years ago.”

Nellson was surprised.

“Could it be the book belonged to the person who sacrificed himself ten years ago?”

0