Chapter Two
642 8 25
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Taylor watched as the cute girl on the screen mirrored all of his movements. He was hypnotized.

“–Taylor? Hello? Taylor?” 

Taylor blinked, realizing he’d just missed everything Ben had been saying. “Sorry, I… could you repeat that? I was kinda zoning out.”

“No kidding,” Ben said. “Anyway… do you like her? If there’s any specific things you want changed, I can talk to the artist and–”

“No. She’s perfect,” Taylor said. “What’s her name?”

“Ah. I thought I’d let you come up with that part. I’m, uh, not the best at naming things,” Ben confessed.

“I guessed after you named your cat ‘Cat’,” Taylor said. “I’ll have to think about this for a while. Maybe look up what ‘snail’ is in Japanese or something. Actually, wait, is it okay for me to do that? I mean, I’m not Japanese. Maybe it’s cultural appropriation.”

“Eh, you’re Korean,” Ben said. “Close enough.”

“Yeah, uh, please don’t go around saying that,” Taylor said. “My grandpa hates Japanese people. After, y’know, the occupation and war crimes and stuff.”

“Man, I forget that stuff happened in the lifetimes of people who are still alive,” Ben said. “I think of World War II as just being history. Well, and it had some pretty cool guns.”

Taylor sighed. “Yeah, maybe don’t go around saying that either.”

25