Chapter 117: Trespasser of a beast’s pride
18 0 0
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

At Medini Adventurer's Guild headquarters, Noah was sitting in his room while facing a pair of unexpected guests who had decided to visit him.

*knock-knock!*

Reina after knocking at the door entered the room with another staff member who had brought some tea and snacks for the guests.

After the snacks and silverware were laid down on the table, Reina and the woman accompanying her bid them farewell after giving them a respectful bow.

Once the door was shut, Noah looked at the women sitting in front of him and with a business smile questioned them, "Although I'm glad to see you. May I ask the reason for this surprise visit?"

"This birdie was losing patience and wanted to meet our little-Apostle," chirped a little fairy while looking at a huge cup with little annoyance.

'Are you trying to mock me with these cups?' she lipped while glaring at the huge tea cups that were almost two-thirds of her total height.

The fairy was the first one to speak. She was none other than Saptami Saundariya, the fairy queen.

A nervous smile appeared on Noah's face as he looked at the fairy glaring holes in him.

On the other hand, the woman accompanying Saptami ignored her antics and said, "I wish to meet the young Apostle, Noah!"

Noah moved his gaze from Saptami to the black-haired woman, Aastha, the queen of Garuda's.

Saptami rolled her eyes while blowing the hot tea.

Noah calmly looked at Aastha for a few minutes mulling over his thoughts.

Aastha knew very well that Noah was trying to figure out why she was adamant about meeting the Apostle.

She herself decided to come forward and lay out everything and began speaking with a crestfallen gaze.

"If I'm being honest, my kin are being hunted by the Theocracy and yet I'm unable to help them."

Saptami also felt heartache since her kin were also being persecuted. However, Aastha failed to notice her companion and continued.

"You have no idea, how frustrating it has been."

"Seeing young children being sold as slaves, mothers being pushed around as prostitutes and men being slaughtered to be turned into accessories."

"They are becoming quite ignorant due to the support of the dragons..."

"And my hands are tied..... even though I have the strength, I can't help them because once I step in that lizard would leave his role-playing as a teacher and enter the war."

"Are you really that afraid of him?" muttered Saptami.

"Don't mess with me. You know very well, of whom I'm afraid of!" growled Aastha.

"Aah! The 'Papa Dragon,' right?" Rebuked the fairy.

"Well, Ekaant is quite pampered by his father. And the day the demigod of Dragons steps on the battlefield, the whole world will plunge into chaos," concluded Noah, earning the affirmation of the other two present in the room.

Then after a few seconds, Noah's eyes turned wide as a saucer and he questioned, "You want him to go on toe to toe with the Ekaant's father? The Demigod of Dragons himself?"

"This is ridiculous!" he said.

After a brief pause, Aastha lifted her sorrowful gaze and said, "I want to see with my own eyes..."

"Whether the new Apostle would bring us redemption or damnation!.....like the last one."

*Sigh!*

A sigh escaped Noah's lips and he began speaking, "I understand where you are coming from."

"But the thing is.... Satvik has been..."

*Bam!*

But before Noah could conclude, Reina entered the room with a ghastly expression.

Noah knitted his eyebrows. He knew very well that until-unless there was a grave emergency, Reina would never conduct herself like that.

He immediately questioned, "What happened?"

Reina without beating around the bush replied, "Kavya is being attacked near the wolfkins house!"

Hearing the news, Saptami's lips curled up in a mischievous smile and she questioned, "Using guild members for stalking women, are we?"

"Why has no one intercepted the attackers?" he questioned while ignoring Saptami's question.

Scuffles were quite common with adventurers but others always intercepted to quench the frenzy.

So it was odd that the person who was watching over Kavya instead of saving her just sent the report.

"They're being targeted by a group of students from the academy," said Reina.

Now Noah was quite furious. This was not the first time the academy students were targeting other citizens of the City.

The students were already aware that there would hardly be any repercussions against them in this city, while their Almighty Dean was watching over them.

The worst came, they would be restrained to their rooms or suspended for weeks and hence they became quite arrogant.

Without further ado, Noah got up from his chair and started heading towards the window.

"Hey! Where are you going?"

"Your lady love can wait. We aren't done talking!" Protested Saptami while, Aastha was observing Noah with a slightly annoyed expression.

Noah didn't turn around and replied, "She's not my woman!"

"And I don't want an Apostle going berserk because we couldn't stop people from harassing her women!"

"This City and I'm not ready for this!"

With that, Noah jumped out of the window and then started jumping from the roof of one house to another with Reina rushing behind him.

Aastha and Saptami glanced at each other with wide-open eyes and without wasting any second, flew out of the room following Noah.

"Do you feel this surreal amount of mana?" questioned Saptami while glittering her tiny wings.

Aastha didn't reply and her eyes were fixed on the horizon with anticipation of meeting her redeemer.
 -------------------------------
A sword flashed in Kavya's eye, closing down on her like a guillotine bringing her life to an end and she immediately shut her eyes.

*thwack!*

Hardly a second had passed, yet Kavya didn't feel anything.

She hesitantly opened her eyes and saw a silhouette of someone's back and her eyes immediately started to tear up.

No matter how hazy her gaze was, no matter how dark it was, she could always identify whose back it was. 

She had been looking at it for weeks now.

The body of the swordsman whose sword was coming down on Kavya was lying in a puddle of blood a few meters away.

Other mercenaries had cautiously stepped back.

The saviour turned around and went onto his knees. His sorrowful eyes were examining every inch of Kavya's body.

Kavya mustered all her strength and called him, "S....Ss...at..v-vv-ik!"

Satvik held Kavya's bloody and battered body in his arms.

Kavya was looking at him with a painful smile and muttered, "Y-Yo...you are....back?"

Now Satvik's face was not visible due to the fact it was covered by his bangs, there weren't any injuries on his body and she was quite happy to see that he was fine.

While groaning in pain she mumbled, "I am gl-ladd you're sa-sa-safe!"

Then her eyes went to his side and she said, "An-And you're....ar-arm. How?"

Satvik embraced her and in a hushed voice he said, "How can you worry about me while you're in such a condition?"

"You didn't have to go this far to save them," he said while looking at the slightly battered bodies of Heena, Sneha and Aria's body which was painted red with her blood.

Compared to the mother and daughter duo, Kavya and Aria were in the worst condition and it made clear that his adventure party members made sure that Wolfkin were only slightly harmed.

*Cough-Cough!*

She coughed and then after groaning in pain said, "Wh-What are you talking...about!"

"I...kn-know how much y-y-you adore the....mmmmm!"

"I had to sa-save th-themm," she said while smiling, even though her face was scrunched due to excessive pain.

Satvik brought her face closer to his chest and gently mumbled, "Thank...you!"

Satvik stood up and carried Kavya's body in a Princess carry and started walking toward where Heena and the others were.

[Bhaiya?] mumbled Aria while limping toward him. However, soon her gaze was fixed on Satvik's arm.

"Young Lord! Thank the heavens you're safe," rejoiced Heena.

"Satvik Bhaiya! these people *sniff!* they hurt Mumma, Aria and this beautiful lady a lot *sniff!* teach them a lesson," said Sneha while holding back her tears.

"Please take care of her!" he said while laying Kavya in front of Heena.

Then he looked at Aria's condition and then looked at Sneha and after patting her head to calm her down, said, "Sneha bring out the secret stash! and help Aria and Kavya."

Sneha while wiping her tears questioned, "All the high potions?"

"Yep! We have been saving them for such situations," he said while trying to smile calmly.

 

Then he gave Aria a telepathic message.

{Aria, take Sneha inside. She has already seen enough bloodshed.}

His familiar didn't question him and immediately pulled Sneha by the hem of her skirt and pulled her inside the house.

Heena nodded while looking at Kavya's battered body. She was forever in debt to Kavya for saving her and Sneha.

The mercenaries had been confused with the arrival of the new man. However, Akhil after affirming with his sister, realised who the newcomer was.

"Look! The trash has returned. You know we have been looking for you for days," said Akhil while mocking him.

"This makes things easy. You can have him after breaking his bond with his familiar, Disha!" he said while looking at his sister who was standing with her servants.

Then while Akhil leaned toward one of his comrades and muttered, "You know what we can also sell these to filthy beasts after you guys had your fun."

"Although the third one is still a child, we can definitely wait for a few years and she could be sold for a fortune at our family auction."

"Klux Family auctions are quite famous for their exotic products, hehehe!" he said while elbowing his lackey.

The moment Satvik heard the name Klux his eyes became bloodshot and his body started to shake in anger. Then in a low voice, he questioned, "Do you know about Klux Guild?"

Akhil mistook the fact that his body was shaking in fear after hearing the name of his family. They were quite famous in Human cities for supplying exotic slaves and beasts.

And while laughing Akhil said, "Of course, I know about it. Our Mother, the Lady of the Klux House is the guild leader."

Satvik's body shook violently and beneath his body, the floor sank due to excessive mana burst.

However, Akhil and other warriors failed to notice the mana surge and misinterpreted the situation. 

Then Akhil looked at his friends and said, "Look at him, he's quivering in fear. Hahaha!"
Everyone started laughing except Disha who had been in the presence of spirits, and could feel mana surge.

At the same time, Noah and others arrived at the situation. They couldn't believe the amount of mana that was pulsating around Satvik's body.

Even if the mana of Noah, Reina, Saptami and Aastha was combined, it would be nothing compared to what Satvik had basked himself with.

"Damn! It already escalated this much," mumbled Noah.

Then he started walking forward and began speaking, "We have to stop this!"

But soon someone grabbed his shoulder from behind which made Noah turn around.

As soon as he was about to complain, Aastha while still looking at Satvik muttered, "Never try to save trespasser of a beast's pride."

[A/N: "Pride" here means Pride of a lion or similar animal.]

0