Chapter 112: Saloni
42 1 1
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

What the...?"

The vampire queen heard a surprised voice of a man and when she opened her eyes, she found herself in the lap of a man.

She looked at the man while trying to hold onto her last breath.

Several emotions were going on inside her head and though she could hardly see his face but his scarlett eyes mesmerised her for a few moments.

Then after gaining her bearings, she used her most reliable skill to deal with her current predicament.

"Kneel before us and offer your blood" she muttered while gasping.

"Umm.... why?" replied the man in confusion.

'Charm didn't work on him' she thought while going through emotional turmoil.

She was losing vitality with every passing moment. She didn't want to die, not like this, not until she had her revenge.

She had to take revenge for the death of her family and people. She had to make them regret for taking everything away from her.

By hook or by crook.

With teary eyes, she looked at the man and spoke.

"Please help us!"

"We don't wanna die, not like this.....we are willing to do anything" she pleaded while wailing.

Then she saw his scarlett looking at her with pity.

                              ---------------

Satvik was resting near the makeshift camp he had built for resting in the forest.

He had been on the run for the whole day from the monsters that were several times stronger than him.

He was out of supplies, he was desperate and he was tired.

The pain and depleted stamina were making him clumsy and when he thought that he might not be able to make it out alive, suddenly a limbless torso fell in his lap from the sky.

She had light blonde hair that was caked in blood and pale skin which was covered mostly in red.

Her red eyes glowed like the most precious gemstone in the night.

"Kneel before us and offer your blood" she muttered with a heavy breath.

He never expected her first words to be an order, that too in such conditions.

"Umm.... why?" he muttered in confusion while looking at her fangs.

'A vampire' he thought.

"Please help us!"

"We don't wanna die, not like this.....we are willing to do anything" she pleaded while wailing.

He didn't expect such a turn of events. Since he was already using his sight skill he tried to pry at her status.

'Hmmm, green aura that's new,' he thought inwardly while observing her aura. He always felt at ease whenever the aura didn't turn out to be violet.

Violet is bad, every other colour was acceptable.

[Name: Acerola]

[AGE: 58]

[RACE: Nobel Vampire]

[CLASS: Blood-mancer]

[LEVEL: N/A]

[TITLE: N/A]

[STRENGTH: N/A]

[ ATTACK: N/A ]

[DEFENCE: N/A]

[AGILITY: N/A]

[STAMINA: N/A]

[MANA: N/A]

[SKILL:  N/A]

[A/N: I don't know about you guys but 'Kiss-shot Acerola Orion Heart Under Blade' is the best-written vampire character.]

'What?????' Satvik screamed internally.

'ACEROLA...blonde hair....a MILF....A VAMPIRESS!' then Satvik looked towards the author for a moment.

"Don't copy characters" he muttered under his breath.

Then he looked down at the bleeding damsel and wiped her tears with a sigh.

"Your survival depends upon the answers to my questions, Acerola" he muttered.

A spark of hope ignited in her regenerated heart and she nodded. She even failed to notice that he already knew her name.

"So why are you in such a condition?" he questioned.

She began to narrate short versions of the story and circumstances which led to her current state.

When Satvik heard the name of Ashanti and Priestess his eyes turned cold.

She didn't fail to notice his cold expression of his.

"I'm willing to help you, Ms. Vampiress. But I can't die for you."

"So I hope you have better options that can help you out of this dire situation without killing me," he said with gentle eyes.

She used her knowledge and came up with a single option available to them.

"Form a contract with us" she muttered.

Satvik remembered those words and instantly replied, "Nope Thanks!"

Acerola's eyes widened with fear, and the light of her last hope started to flicker.

She panicked and started to cry again while mumbling.

"Please help us. We'll give you our body, heart and even our soul. Just help us get our revenge after that you can discard or kill us" she said while crying rivers.

"Are you sure?" he questioned hesitantly.

She didn't waste any moment and nodded instantly.

"So what do I've to do?" he asked.

"Bite your lips to draw blood and place your lips on our forehead," she said.

Satvik nodded and followed her instructions.

Then she started chanting a spell in a language unknown to him.

"Give us a new name," she said.

"Kiss-shot" he instantly replied.

She gave him an ugly look with contempt after listening to the name he suggested.

"Fine-fine," he said while raising his arm in surrender.

"Saloni" he mumbled.

[ Saloni accepted to be your familiar ]

The moment she was accepted as his familiar, her body turned into a puddle of blood that stained his lap.

But suddenly the blood started to move towards his behind and he felt a tingling sensation in his back.

A small 30-centimetre monochrome portrait of Saloni was etched on his back.

Then a thought came to his mind and he mumbled, "Saloni."

Then the portrait melted instantly and Saloni appeared in front of him in full glory.

Her blonde hairs flutter due to the night breeze, and her perfect curvaceous body in a black gothic gown made him look at her in awe.

Finally, her glowing red eyes were looking at him, but now they were gentle and not prideful like before.

Satvik looked at him with a tired but gentle smile.

"Well I know you would like to know about me more" he said and continued with a yawn.

"But I haven't slept in a while.  So please take care of the first-night watc...."

He passed out mid-sentence and was about to fall but Saloni caught him mid-fall.

Then she looked at the ground but there wasn't anything except barren ground to lay him.

The camp only had a fire and nothing else which could make it a camp.

After thinking for a while she finally laid him on the ground and placed his head in her lap as she sat on the barren ground as well.

No one would ever believe that the Vampire Queen would sit on barren ground for the comfort of some human.

She just looked down at him while caressing his face and this was the first time she clearly saw his face.

'A teenager!' she mumbled in surprise.

Who would have thought that in future the Queen of the entire Vampire race would cling to a teenager while crying like a child.

'A beautiful teenager though' she thought while looking down at his well-chiselled charming face and ruffled long jet black hairs.

'He must be attacked by some monster' she thought as her gaze landed on his missing limb.

Then finally her gaze landed on the dirty head bandana wrapped around his forehead.

She thought of removing it and when she opened the bandana she gasped in surprise as Satvik's third eye was looking straight at her.

His Scarlett eye similar to her's then shut after a few seconds.

'His eyes are so pretty' she thought to herself.

She wasn't sure why, but Satvik's eyes had turned to scarlett red for a few moments and then turned back to black.

"They are like hers..." she mumbled.

                        ----------------------------------------

Satvik woke up and opened his eyes while yawning.

His still blurred gaze landed on the horizon, the sun was about to rise and he instantly sat up and looked around in panic.

When he saw his familiar under the shade of a tree he let out a breath of relief.

She was strong, at least that is what he thought about vampires generally and he needed her as much as she needed him.

Although he was a little disappointed that unlike Anime and mangas, where the familiar would have been waiting for their master even if it was harming them, she just casually stood under the tree shade.

He walked towards her to get under the shade.

"Thanks for watching my back Saloni. I didn't have a luxury like this in a while" he thanked her.

"It was our duty, umm..." she muttered while looking at him with a questionable gaze.

Then he remembered that he fell asleep as soon as the contract was complete and hadn't told her anything about him, not even his name.

"My name is Satvik, you don't have to call me with titles such as Master or Lord" he said.

"Okay, Satvik," she said with a nod.

"Huh?" he was surprised and disappointed at the same time that she wouldn't call him master or lord like familiar in anime and manga.

"What?" she questioned in confusion.

"Nothing" he mumbled and then looked at the horizon.

"Well the sun is almost up, you should hide back or it will be really bad. We can talk later." He said.

She shook her head and hesitantly said, "We need blood."

"We are at our limits and if we succumb to blood starvation, well let's just say it will be bad for both of us."

Satvik nodded as he had seen her bleed so much last night.

"So will blood from monsters suffice your thirst or do you need the blood of humanoid creatures?" He asked with curiosity.

Her gaze turned to that of disgust after hearing his question.

"What?" He asked. As he didn't like the way she was looking at him.

*Sigh~* she sighed and while pointing at him muttered.

"We need the blood of the contractor," she said.

'Of course, you do' he thought and then offered her hand.

After looking at his gesture, her gaze fell and she spoke, "We are a Noble Queen of the Vampire Race,"

"Although we have lost everything, we still have our pride"

"So, you better not treat us like a lowly parasite, who just wants to leech off your blood."

As soon as she finished speaking, Satvik gave her a deadpan look.

"What?" she muttered.

"You were much cuter when you were crying in my lap, last night," he said.

She looked the other way without saying anything.

"Well please excuse this plebian, your majesty"

"He doesn't know how to treat a vampire royalty," he said sarcastically.

"It's alright, we will teach you well, how to treat this queen"

"You're quite lucky, a person as strong as we formed a contract with you," she said.

"Hahahhahahahaha" Satvik laughed like a maniac.

"What?" She asked with a frown.

He moved closer to her and while gently flicking her nose said, " Mark my words,"

"You'll see it in the future and will be grateful that I am your master"

"My Tsundere Queen," after speaking he gently ruffled her hair.

"So, should I offer my blood in a chalice or something?" he questioned.

'What's a "Tsundere" and why did he ruffle our hair? Does he think we are a kid' she thought while rubbing her nose.

"No, we can drink it directly from your neck," she said without displaying any discomfort from his previous actions.

He laughed inwardly and thought, 'The author must be horny!'

Then he offered his neck to her and she moved closer to him and pulled him in embrace.

"Thank you" she mumbled.

She was slightly embarrassed, for throwing all those tantrums at him even after he practically saved her life.

He chuckled and embraced her as well.

"It's fine, you're my responsibility now" he muttered in her ears.

An almost negligent smile appeared on her face and she bit in his neck.

The moment his warm blood went down her throat her eyes opened wide.

'What is this? We have never tasted such delicious blood' she thought inwardly.

Her pupils dilated and her breathing became erratic.

Unconsciously she dug her nails into his back and wrapped her legs around like a koala to a tree.

She then felt a warm hand caressing her head and a gentle voice entered her ears.

"Calm down! I'm not running away or anything."

Then after taking another gulp or two down her throat she let go off her bite but was still hugging him as if her life depends upon it.

"Yo-You're not H-H-Hu-Human, are you Vik ?" she asked while breathing erratically and looking in his eyes with her dilated pupils.

"Who knows" he replied.

'Hmmm, Vik doesn't sound bad either' he thought inwardly.

The sun rays had already started to climb his feet.

"I would love to talk more but the sun is shining brightly. We can continue this pillow talk later" he said while gently caressing her back to calm her down.

She didn't say anything and nodded while ignoring his sweet talk.

"Then I'll be counting on you for watching my back," he said.

As soon as those words left his mouth, Saloni's body turned into blood and retracted to his back which was now her new throne.

1