Chapter 1: Limitless I
6.8k 11 86
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Make sure to check my Patre.on out if you want to support me and want to read advanced chapters: Patre.on.com/VQuintessence

[35 Chapters in Advance on Patre.on]

...........

Chapter 1: Limitless I

...........

His eyes fluttered, feeling the sweet breeze brushing his skin. He slowly came to consciousness as he felt the warm sun dancing on his pale skin.

He groggily opened his eyes, finding himself faced directly by the blinding sun. His eyes quivered and close again as he brought his hands to shield against the raging light before opening them again.

"Aghh, wher... Where am I?" The man wondered in confusion and stirred himself up, feeling the mellow sand beneath his hands, some scattering down from his short blonde hair.

He looked around in confusion, trying to recall what he last remembers, 'I was in the Dering Woods, right? But this is not that... This is an Island?'

No matter how he looked at it, the place looks like a small island in the middle of the ocean, an ocean that extends as far as the eye can see.

He was on the shore and behind him was a small forest, not thick but very thin befitting of an Island as small as this.

The first thing the man did was to look at himself, from his clothes to his pockets to see if anything is missing or perhaps the opposite, "I'm pretty sure it was nighttime last I remember, and I can vaguely remember struggling with mosquitos... I must be hallucinating."

The man was strangely calm because, if his adventurous nature taught him anything, it was to remain calm in any circumstances.

The thing one first learns about the dangers of the woods is to stop, think, observe, and plan. Even the most dangerous of situations can be overcome with a clear head.

'But I'm pretty sure I didn't eat anything that may cause that, and I was not dehydrated, so what's happening?'

The more he thought about it, the more nothing made sense. He was obviously experienced in the field, and he had experienced hallucinations due to one thing or another, but this felt different.

The man started taking off his clothes, leaving himself completely naked, and started looking through his body again, to see if there are any bite marks.

Still naked, he walked himself towards the clear blue water, seeking to see his own reflection. A handsomely chiseled face, inky eyes, and smooth blonde hair. An air of wildness surrounded him.

His physique spoke all for his background, not too athletic but still a bit firm, befitting of his field of expertise. There were also many scars all over his body, ranging from small ones to prominent ones.

The man was feeling understandably tense with the perplexing situation he found himself in, but his composure was as still as water, 'As Dad once said, death follows the weak in mind... And your mind is nothing but strong, isn't that right? dear Yovan?'

He took a deep breath. Where lions would've fought each other in desperation for food, some sort of rivalry, or pride, the man just wanted to survive using the thing that never failed him except when on mushrooms... Real poisonous mushrooms, his reliance was on his brain.

'My backpack is nowhere to be seen, and so is the rest of my clothes, and all the necessities I had with me before I went to sleep...'

He frowned but started acting nonetheless, starting with putting his clothes back on, a simple white comfy shirt and black pants. Unfortunately for him, he was barefoot.

"Yeah, I'm definitely Hallucinating,"  Yovan noted after noticing something quite peculiar, but he ignored it for now.

Pursuing such illusionary things was always the death of many, hallucinations are better left ignored because somehow their goal is always your demise.

Yovan started by exploring the Island which was quite easy considering its small size. The forest at the Island's center was also quite small and thin, allowing clear vision.

"Hmm, I feel too clear-headed for this to be a hallucination, but I guess that's what Mr. Hallucination wants one to believe. Anyway, this is kind of interesting."

A very interesting skill Yovan learned throughout his adventures was talking to himself, it helps in keeping him calm and alert.

'It shouldn't be sunset for at least a few more hours. I have time.' He got to work starting with collecting a lot of large leaves and palm trees' leaves, also known as fronds.

"Hmm the good thing is that there are plenty of coconut trees and some banana trees around, so I shouldn't worry about hunger and thirst for now... Coconut water should work well enough as an alternative to water until it rains... Hopefully."

It was not optimal, but it was the best he could do. He brought some of the large leaves he picked up and used coconut fibers like a rope to connect them to trees, which should collect some water if it rains.

He didn't collect any bananas, just a few coconuts lest the former goes bad. He didn't know how long he'd be here, so he had to be careful with food and water, especially the latter.

'Next is shelter.' His experience shows in his every touch, and his smile in such a deer situation shows his passion for adventures, or perhaps danger.

He collected as many broken branches as he could, especially the thick ones. Still, he only found four meeting his criteria, and he couldn't risk expending his energy too much breaking tree branches.

Yovan placed three of the branches on the ground, forming a tripod structure. He then placed other small branches around the structure, forming a circle though he left a small open area to serve as an entrance.

Lastly, he used the foliage and palm fronds he collected to cover the structure, forming a barrier of sorts against the elements.

'The waves are getting wild, way too wild... That's unfortunate.' That made the plan in his mind to sail away with a boat goes down on his list of priorities. It will be the last resort for now.

The evolution line dictates that next came fire... Among other things, but let's just focus on fire for now. Fire was much harder to make, mostly because it takes a lot of time for that friction to create fire, but at least, it gave him peace of mind.

"Let's see, nothing but birds, and bugs I guess?" Yovan noted his findings, even going as far as writing them on the sand within his shelter in the form of strange symbols, a language he created amidst his adventures in the jungles, serving several purposes.

'I hope my memories don't fail me in such a serious situation.' A grimace emerged on his face, thinking of even worse news, "I don't have my medicine either..."

He put his worries behind him and brought the last large branch into the shelter, followed by a few rocks of all kinds, from sharp to large ones.

Luckily for him, the ways of survival were engraved in his mind to the point they became an instinct, unforgettable experiences.

Still, he inscribed a few more symbols on the sand so as to not forget some important things, and only then did he let out a sigh of relief, right by nightfall.

"Gorgeous..." Yovan murmured, gazing at the night sky. He always loved watching it, never missing a night sky in all of his adventures, almost like a ritual of his.

"Too bad you aren't here. I have never seen a night sky as entrancing as this... Who knows, perhaps I'll be following after you very soon. I promised to be more careful, to not fall as you did... I don't think I can keep that promise."

To some, he might look crazy, but to him, this was an everyday occurrence. He finds talking to himself to be healthy, and a necessity for adventurers like him.

Yovan closed his eyes, looking to be meditating for a few minutes before letting out a breath. His eyes opened again, finally ready to confront what he considers to be hallucinations.

"This is certainly an odd hallucination, or is it?" A black dot was hovering right before him. It was tiny but it was certainly there, always on the far upper left side of his vision.

His focus on it seemed to trigger it, even if it was unintentional on his part, the dot still reacted, developing into some kind of weird panel.

[System: Limitless]

[Name: Yovan Night]

[Age: 22/69]

[Physique: 6/∞]

[Endurance: 8/∞]

[Agility: 7/∞]

[Willpower: 11/∞]

[Mind: 9/∞]

[Countdown]

"Huh??" This Hallucination was certainly unique.

86