Chapter 4: Limitless IV
3.1k 4 77
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Make sure to check my Patre.on out if you want to support me and want to read advanced chapters: Patre.on.com/VQuintessence
[35 Chapters in Advance on Patre.on]

.................

Chapter 4: Limitless IV

.................

"Poseidon Wtf?! Calm the fucking waves man! They're nearly reaching you and Zeus's home!" Yovan yelled from afar, focused on boiling a bit of seawater but still paying attention to the raging waves. 

The water level was rising, and Poseidon was just leaning on Zeus like a fucking dummy, annoying Yovan to no end.

"Tch, whatever. You can breath underwater anyway." He was filtering drinkable water from seawater. 

It's an extremely hard and slow process, and it's still a pain in the ass for him to this day, especially with how much he drinks. His food and water intake have only gone up with the increase in his training load.

"I'm in a predicament, am I not?" Yovan wiped off the sweat on his face with a sigh, "I can either continue training, thus consuming more resources, meaning having to take risks to survive. 

Otherwise, I can stop training, meaning I can be self-assured for a very long time, but... I will be weak, my life will be in the hands of even the lower barrel of people in this world, if I am actually in the world I think I am."

He was indeed in a predicament, but his choice was kinda chosen for him. He really didn't have much choice, "I guess I will have to work harder, so much harder." 

Not only in his training but also in constructing a raft. No, a raft wouldn't do much against the raging waves. He has to make the closest thing to a boat he could possibly make with the resources available to him.

"Should I eat it?" The golden-haired man questioned himself, feeling a bit of desire to take its power to himself despite the risks.

"Temptations, they're terrifying. A wise man once said that the surest protection against temptation is cowardice, but that I am not, just like dad... And he has fallen to temptation many times, most of which only led him into darker paths of which I had to pull him out many times... Until I couldn't anymore."

Yovan let out a chuckle, laughing at himself, "But who am I to speak? I have fallen into temptation many times. I tried to soar when I couldn't... I just never fell into a dark path despite dad thinking so."

He started looking in a certain direction on the Island, "But there is another say. The poor man's temptation is a loaf of bread. I'm sure that fruit will soon become my loaf of bread..."

He had to work harder, and that he did, pushing himself to the limits like never before. He was very used to hard work. He was also used to shitty environments, and even hunger, and thirst. You name it, he went through it.

He came to understand that the more he pushes himself, the faster his stats go up, and it was kinda addicting. The system seemed very simple, but somehow every change that occur brings him endless joy.

It seemed to be constructed perfectly to be addicting using simple human psychology, and Yovan was already falling into the abyss, gladly so.

His situation was hopeless, but he made the best out of it. He became more dedicated than he ever was. He made friends with the couple, Poseidon and Zeus.

A month with friends on a desolate island with so much stress, he could handle, but two? Things were starting to get on his nerves for a bit, especially for someone with his kind of personality.

He loves the wild, that's for sure, but he hates staying in the same place for long. 

He does however believe that he can handle it for a few months more, and if his stats went up, then perhaps much more, especially his willpower.

"I mean sure I can not remain here for much longer, right? Ships are bound to pass by at some point." Yovan nodded himself, convinced of his own prediction.

The gears of time moved very slowly as they should on a little island with nothing to do, and just like that, seven months passed...

Yovan very much underestimated the capabilities of his system because as he started exploring it to its depths, he came to a fascinating discovery, Limitless is illogical.

The sky was dark, not because it was night because it wasn't. No, it was very early in the morning. The sky was dark because of the dark clouds shrouding the sun from going through.

Slowly but surely, it started to rain. The rain was very little at first but it got heavier and heavier by the minute. 

It was winter, signaling an opportunity for the lost and the prisoners of the ocean. Many go crazy in loneliness, but he did not. His willpower was already strong, but it only got more ridiculous with the passing of time.

He kept a clear head more often than not, allowing him to prepare for times like this long beforehand.

The once deserted island was nowhere to be seen because in its place was a small settlement. There is even a large house close to the shore, an exquisite wooden house.

The house was certainly not too finely made, but it had a sense of nature to it, making it more appealing. It was made mostly out of palm trees wood, Yovan specifically chose the ones that do not produce coconuts and dead trees.

There are also plenty of infrastructures on the island, each serving a purpose. They were nowhere as big as the house and they didn't need to be, except for one that is.

Not far from the house, there was an odd structure, four long wooden logs forming a rectangle. The wooden logs were acting as a foundation for the pool they hold, a reservoir made solely of palm fronds stitched together.

Yovan of course wouldn't make only one water reservoir, not when he was in dear need of water for the past month to the point he halted much of his exercise.

There was a quote he very much liked to repeat for the past month. Water, water, everywhere, Nor any drop to drink. It described his situation very well, but not anymore.

The heavy rain was lovely not just to him but also to his friends. There were three, seated around the campfire with no regard for the heaviness of the rain not the coldness in the air.

Poseidon and Zeus found warmth in each other while Athena on the other side had something akin to an umbrella protecting her.

Yovan however was nowhere to be seen. He wasn't on the island, that's for sure, he was far away from it in the middle of the raging waves.

He was used to massive waves and this was way too abnormal and unnatural, by his past world's standards at least.

The tides were overwhelming, and they would've certainly brought down his house if he didn't make it a bit elevated. They did however cause some damage all while Yovan was swimming deep underwater.

There was very little light under the darkness of the clouds, and there was even less light underwater. It was pure darkness except when some fluorescent fishes pass by.

Yovan however didn't seem to be relying on light. He was swimming alongside the fish, maneuvering around sometimes, and it didn't matter whether there was any light or not.

He swam as naturally as a fish, sometimes gliding with a speed unnatural for a human. He was in all definitions a superhuman, and even that doesn't do him justice. He had underestimated the miraculousness of Limitless.

He had a spear attached to his back with a rope, allowing him to move freely but still have protection just in case. 

Well, the spear wasn't just for protection. It wasn't just made from wood, Yovan had to make it from a combination of wood and rock, the most durable rocks he can find in the vicinity.

Its tip was made of rock, carved and sharpened to pierce through his preys' tough skin. An example of such targets was something that had just caught his dark eyes' attention.

Not too far from him, a shadowy figure passed by, seemingly massive but calm barely producing any ripples.

'It's huge. Like, I am very close to the island yet I already see creatures such as that? Moreover, the variety of sea creatures I've never heard of before just swimming about... Such a fascinating world.'

The creature was huge, yet Yovan saw it as a challenge. It all started with small fish, crabs, and clams. It then escalated to Yovan hunting in deeper water, still close to the shallow waters around the island.

He became more and more inhuman, increasing his courage and what he can do, so it wasn't too far-fetched for him to desire to face such a creature.

Nah, more than that, it was mostly for the hunt because as Yovan came to deduce, the creatures of this world were very strange, and their effect on him was even stranger.

77