Chapter 12: Let It All Burn IV
2.2k 11 63
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Make sure to check my Patre.on out if you want to support me and want to read advanced chapters: Patre.on.com/VQuintessence

[35 Chapters in Advance on Patre.on]

........

Chapter 12: Let It All Burn IV

........

He was feeling pressured by time, by Limitless's countdown, and what do humans fear most if not the Unknown?

"What a wonder," Yovan released a bitter smile, eyeing his missing arm. He expected it to become infected quite badly by now, but strangely, it seems to be healing very quickly.

It's been nearly three weeks since the incident, and it's almost completely healed with little to no treatment.

Yovan of course attributed that to his monstrous endurance which was already showing effect in his low need for sleep, and many other necessities.

His endurance naturally increase his regeneration, but unfortunately, it couldn't restore his arm. The injury just healed on itself, leaving a patch of scarred skin, making Yovan feel conflicted.

"But what are its limits? Does it have any limits? And is it truly limitless or is there a weakness as all things are? I guess I have to find out for myself." He still had hope within him, knowing of the magical nature of this world.

Yovan was swimming about in a river. He wasn't far from the Kano capital, so he stopped to clean himself up when he came upon the river.

He especially focused on cleaning his very long golden hair, reaching his waist. He also cleaned his facial hair which was starting to grow.

He used to always cut his facial hair, but now, he doesn't have the tools to do so, and he wasn't prepared to waste time making them.

Yovan then wore his black pants which looked a bit shabby, and that was all he had. He remained barefoot and shirtless because the shirt he had was shredded and bloody.

He picked up his bag and went on his way to the Kano capital. It was only a few miles away from his current location though it took him a few days to arrive there.

He passed by a few villages. He basically experienced a similar thing though the second village's people were much more open about their desire to make him leave.

So he started avoiding all settlements and people since then until he reaches the capital at least, a place that lies between the mountains.

The city was easy to detect due to the huge rock spires all around it. It was constructed quite far and high from the ocean, so it was a bit cold and humid but that didn't matter to Yovan.

A smile of relief emerged on his face, seeing very few people paying attention to him, 'I guess I'm not so weird with all the variety of people around.'

He got the witness the magical nature of its people, specifically in how they looked. It made no sense to him because of how used to normal humans he was.

It was harder to find normal-looking people in the city than odd people, and the city was quite vast, a testament to why Yovan's eyes never stopped wandering around.

Some people were massive, like fucking giants, making him wonder how their bodies function exactly.

All the questions he wouldn't usually think about when reading the story came gushing down, how does this world work?

'Come to think of it, I've been getting taller since arriving in this world. I was already 6.2 before, and I've grown taller, I'm hundred percent sure of that... This is obviously because of limitless, but don't tell me my height will become limitless??'

The city was extremely vast, so Yovan had plenty of time to think about a lot of things he couldn't previously think of.

His mind felt a bit free as if he had finally escaped prison, but he was still a fleeing prisoner, so he remained cautious still.

He was at least thankful that there doesn't seem to be something such as identities here, so the guards just allowed him in after sizing him up for a bit.

There were however a lot of guards, patrolling throughout the city, keeping the peace, not that Yovan was planning to disturb it.

He strolled around until he found a city square of sorts with plenty of people around. It was evening, a nice time for people to walk about, meaning a nice time to strike up conversations.

Some people were welcoming, not minding the small talk while others ignored him, some even cursed him away, but he remained calm and collected, getting all the information he needs.

'West Blue, Kano country, the capital city of Ko.' Yovan recited to himself before bringing out a piece of paper and a pen which he got due to people's kindness.

He wrote a few things down lest he forgets them before a gleam of devious light passed through his eyes.

'There is a marine base just down the mountain next to the shore, so it'll likely take them less than an hour to reach here, let's make it twenty minutes.'

Yovan then eyed a building far away, at the very top, looking exquisite like a Chinese palace. Nothing of the architecture in the city was mediocre, it all had an artistic touch to it, quite meticulous, and dangerous.

'Who knows what kind of powerhouse lives there aside from the country's ruler, so I can not act with haste... I need money, a lot of money to make more money and grant myself a bit of peace of mind.'

Yovan leaned back on a wall, falling to the ground in what seemed to be exhaustion.

His eyes were closed and they remained as such for a while before opening, but he stayed there, resting while looking around every once in a while.

Very few people seemed to pass by the area but there were a lot of beggars around, a very fitting place for him at the moment, especially considering his purpose in being here.

'It's okay to act with hast as long as I remain cautious.' Time wasn't his friend, yet he remained there for hours until it was dark, just watching them move.

He watched them sometimes beating some beggars while passing by them for no reason whatsoever, but Yovan didn't move. He was too far away for them to pay much attention to him.

He was however paying attention to them as he stood up, limping towards an alleyway in the middle of the night, finding a very dark spot next to the trash can.

Unless you paid a lot of attention to the surroundings, he basically was invisible. His bag was beside him, and within it was his spear though it was shorter this time just so can carry it with him discreetly.

With the spear in his hand, he waited and waited. The area was close to a bar, and the bar was owned by the mafia, the people of the underworld.

People spoke of them with a bit of fear, but not that much because in the capital Ko, even they have to restrain themselves.

The mafia families seemed to be spread out throughout the west blue, and one of those families had a small base here.

The further from the capital the more freedom they have, but such a prosperous city was still worth the investment no matter how restrained they were within its walls.

Soon, a pair of drunkards passed by, stumbling their steps while muttering some incoherent words. Furthermore, they were with the mafia, exactly his target.

The richest people in the city aside from those who reside in the palace are those that swim about in the underworld, preying on the weak to harvest the yield.

Their drunken steps led them to pass right by Yovan. The area was certainly not silent since it's close to a bar and a brothel, but his actions were, silent and swift, almost as if his spear swallowed all the sound around as it went through the two's heads.

It was honestly surprising to Yovan how much a wooden spear can achieve in the right hands, or well, hand.

He had never realized before just how phenomenal the technique he calls Airflow is until he started using it outside of the sea, and his continuous training of the technique only made it more monstrous.

He hugged the two bodies, bringing them with him to their destined resting place along with the garbage. He was quick to baptize them of all of their stuff with very pure intentions.

'Who would've thought taking a human life would feel the same as when I took my first animal life... It must be Limitless's fault.'

Yovan convinced himself as such. He only felt curiosity, and nervousness, then came the relief of getting over something troublesome, and he moved on with his life.

He put everything in his bag though strangely, he scattered it all around the alleyway before anyone approaches.

He eyed the surroundings, making sure he still have time before picking up one of the bodies and dragging it to the other end of the alley.

He then transformed into his beast form and picked up his spear with his claws before flying away along with the darkness, hiding far away, waiting for the prey to take the bait.

And they did because soon the bodies were discovered, and as one of the five mafia families of the west, they have a reputation to uphold as they started spreading around, searching for the killer.

The clues they got from the bodies were confusing, to say the least, but they at least know it was a failed robbery, and someone else stopped the killer.

However, while all of that was happening, a dark crow's ominous crimson eyes found themself eyeing a certain building, scanning the few people within as the crow soon flew in the shadows, his intentions were a bit extreme, to say the least.

63