Chapter 13: Let It All Burn V
2.1k 4 64
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Make sure to check my Patre.on out if you want to support me and want to read advanced chapters: Patre.on.com/VQuintessence
[35 Chapters in Advance on Patre.on]

.................

Chapter 13: Let It All Burn V

.................

However, while all of that was happening, a dark crow's ominous crimson eyes found themself eyeing a certain building, scanning the few people within as the crow soon flew in the shadows, his intentions were a bit extreme, to say the least.

The crow was inky black, blending with darkness perfectly as no one was able to see him despite passing by them.

Yovan quickly made a tour throughout the mafia's headquarters before finally deciding to act. 

He had never really had to use his beast form to fight, so he never measured just how dangerous it is, but now he was prepared to go all out.

All the training he did for the past three weeks wasn't for nothing. He not only increased his endurance significantly by transforming into his beast form until he reaches his limits, but he also increased his understanding and expertise of his devil powers.

The only reasons he was taking the chance to do such dangerous actions were his level of strength which he measured when in comparison to other people, and also the fact that this is the West blue.

He at least hopes he won't meet some random monster on this side of the world.

The dark crow flew through the building's hallways, quickly arriving behind one of the mafia members.

The spear was still held by Yovan's claws, but no more as he let go and transformed into his human form, catching the spear mid-air before it silently went through the henchman's throat.

Yovan gently caught him, his hand already on the guy's mouth stopping him from making any sound. He searched the guy quickly, not finding anything of value except a knife.

And so, his weapon changed from a spear to a knife, making it much easier for him to slice the mafia members' jugular.

In the middle of a silent night, bodies silently fell one after another, and it didn't matter how many people there were at the same time, they still found their throats sliced in seconds.

In fact, Yovan didn't even have to exit his beast form most of the time, especially after he acquired the knife. He just passed by, and bodies fell because in light, there are shadows, allowing him to remain hidden.

The sound of falling bodies no longer mattered after some point because he was flying through the corridors and rooms like a blur, unseen even when passing by their side.

Even the ones that had guns didn't get to use them because how could they shoot something they can not see or even know to exist? They can not.

So the end result was a deadly silent building, followed by a fire burning bright soon after. The entirety of the establishment was set on fire very quickly, spreading like wildfire.

Most of the henchmen who were searching for the killer of their own people came back to the sigh of destruction, the fall of a mafia base in the span of one night at the single hand of a beggar.

Well, Yovan was no longer a beggar, far from that actually, he became extremely rich by the dawn of the next day. 

Honestly, the amount of money they possessed wasn't that much by this world's standard, just about two million beli. However, it was a lot to Yovan.

In fact, Yovan judged there was still at least another million beli in the mafia warehouse, but it was in coins while he could only take the ones in paper form

That was the only one he could cram them together in a bag and carry it away in his crow form without being seen.

Still, Yovan didn't let the money get the best of him, instead, he returned to being a beggar the very next day. All the money he had acquired was nowhere to be seen.

He was prepared to escape at any time because he knows he didn't cover his tracks that much. 

If the remaining mafia members were to look for every beggar that was in the surroundings yesterday, then they'd definitely find him.

Moreover, he wasn't interested in killing any more of them because that may drive the big fish away.

The incident made the city quiet and a bit desolate for just a day before everything went back to normal. The city guards didn't seem interested in investigating the case at all, in fact, they seemed relieved.

Yovan on the other hand returned to touring the city, sitting next to crowds, visiting bars, and simply listening to conversations, and rumors, anything was good in his mind.

"Hahhahha, the son of a bitch was so drunk he almost drove his sword through me instead of his..." Yovan cut off the connection with the outside world, and he took it back, not anything is good.

However, the bar was a very good place to get information because who talks more than drunkards? 

Hell, the darkest secrets of people that you can never imagine are daily tales in the bar, 'Aghh, one's biggest mistake in a bar is remaining sober because god I can hear everything... But it's a mistake I'm willing to make. 

I wonder though, when did I learn Japanese? Why can I understand everything and even speak naturally in their language if it's Japanese? Hmm, it must be Limitless' doing.'

As usual, it's always Limitless. Yovan turned his attention to the people in the bar of all kinds of sizes, shapes, colors, and different species altogether. All bars are magical in that regard.

It was truly an odd sight he had yet to get used to, 'Well, I'm either in a coma, having a very deep dream, or I'm truly in another world, and I'll believe in the latter until proven otherwise.'

He soon left the bar, heading to a random alleyway before taking a rest there. He brought out his note paper and started writing what could only be assumed to be gibberish to the unknowing eye.

He wrote down all of the information he got in odd symbols, his own encrypted language.

'Let's see. Gol D. Roger was executed 23 years ago, meaning there is only a bit more than one year left before Luffy starts his journey. Not enough time at all...'

Yovan frowned, things weren't looking good, not unless he ups his game by a few dozen times. He left the problem behind for now as he has to write things down lest he forgets everything.

'The west blue, a place known for having a strong Underworld scene due to the presence of five influential mafia organizations known collectively as the Five Families of the West.

They're in constant war with a specific family with a psychopathic leader, Capone Bege. He very much likes to cause chaos among the five mafia families for nothing but his own pleasure, I assume...'

Yovan instantly saw an opportunity as he narrowed his eyes and wrote a few more symbols on the paper.

'My mind is clear. My memory is still. My wisdom is the goal...' Yovan recited a few words in his mind a few times, taking a deep breath before getting to work.

He got several thousand beli from his stash in the middle of the night, and headed down the mountain next thing in the morning, his goal was the Marine branch on the seaside.

"Marine Branch 89th." This was the number of this specific branch, and Yovan had to say, it was massive, perhaps because it was right next to the Capital Ko of Kano country.

None of the Navy guards paid much attention to him as they went on with their duties, allowing him to walk up to the front desk.

"Hn? What do you need?" The receptionist asked, sizing Yovan up and down. How could he not when Yovan is still shirtless, only attired in black pants, looking quite dirty.

"A bounty book." Yovan didn't waste any time in handing the receptionist the nine thousand belly, the price for what he wanted.

"I advise you to go back whence you came from, and use this money to squander your way through life. Many dreamers such as you sought the way of bounty hunting, but few came back... And fewer ended up achieving something." 

The navy guy didn't take the money, but eyed Yovan with a frown, kindly giving advice.

"I won't change my mind." Yovan didn't seem to have an interest in wasting time though the Navy guy didn't seem surprised.

"You're more direct, but yeah, that's what they all say... What can an old man do but comply?" He shook his head with a sigh before standing up and getting a large book from the bookcase to the side. He took the money and handed Yovan the bounty book.

The bounty book as its name entail is a book that holds all the available bounties of this side of the west blue, pictures and information as well as the pay. It's something every bounty hunter requires.

Yovan walked out, the book in his hand already opened. He was already looking through it because within it has many ways to rise to the top quickly, and he only has three months left before the countdown ends.

'Just when I get out of a hole, I find that I'm in an even bigger hole, so I need to think. How can I let it all burn the quickest way possible?'

64