Chapter 16: All For Survival III
1.8k 3 65
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Make sure to check my Patre.on out if you want to support me and want to read advanced chapters: Patre.on.com/VQuintessence
[35 Chapters in Advance on Patre.on]

.................

Chapter 16: All For Survival III

.................

The burst of air did exactly what he intended for it to do, it shut off the candle's fire, bringing darkness back again, and amidst the darkness, a harmless bird flew inside.

"Huh? That's it?" Yovan was genuinely confused. Never in his life was he this bewildered because his knife just sliced the pirate captain's throat with ease.

It was very simple, the knife just sliced his jugular, causing blood to gush out. The poor man could only groan as he was stabbed again, looking confused and stunned.

And then it was all over. All signs of life were lost from his eyes, slumping down in the bed. However, even death couldn't separate him from his dear green lock as it remained in his mouth.

Yovan leaped back instantly, eyeing the body cautiously, "No way, right? Just what in the actual fuck is happening?"

He frowned backing down slowly, getting a long sword before starting to shred the body from afar, using Airflow spears with an intensity never seen before though he did leave the head intact.

"Is this actually it? Then why?" Question marks were swimming about around his head, still just as confused, 'But I guess this is a different world, a stranger world with stranger people.'

Yovan came to such a conclusion after a while of observation. The green lock licking guy was actually dead.

'That's a shame. I thought he had some kind of trump card or something like that, but it ended up just being lost money from the bounty.'

The standard bounty is issued with a "Dead or Alive" clause, making both live captures and properly-confirmed kills eligible for the reward. However, authorities may detract up to 30% of a bounty if presented with a dead criminal because they prefer subjecting the criminals to prison sentences or execution.

'Beast Form.' The first thing Yovan did after fully taking over the ship is to fly to its top, taking off the green lock pirates' flag lest he gets taken as a pirate... It's not time just yet.

Only then did he assemble all the dead bodies up, isolating the green lock guy from the rest, well, only his head was isolated because that's all Yovan needs.

Aside from him, he brought the two passed-out guys from the bedrooms and tied them to the main mast of the ship.

And he finally had enough peace of mind to take a more thorough look at every nook and cranny of the ship, and it really wasn't that special, at least in comparison to what he aspires to get.

It was however a very good ship if only compared to those of the west blue, so Yovan was satisfied. His bounty hunting will be a bit easier now.

He went on to get rid of anything that may make people think it's a pirate ship because it isn't anymore. He then let the anchor down, stabilizing the ship in its place lest it sails too far.

He doesn't really know that much about sailing a ship, but he knows the basics, things he learned on the side while learning how to make rafts.

He also observed the pirate crew operate the caravel ship from the crow's nest, getting a basic understanding of how it works.

He went on to check all the food rations on the ship as well as the valuables, and he ended up finding exactly what was stolen in their last raid, several cannons and a lot of weapons.

There is also a lot of jewelry, gold and silver, and a raw amount of belly, reaching a staggering eleven million. That however was lower than Yovan expected, leading him to believe that they must've used a lot recently.

"Yup, being a bounty hunter is extremely profitable if you have the strength to handle the job." 

Yovan smiled shaking his head in a bit of dismay as he walked to the edge of the ship, taking a seat and looking at the vastness of the ocean.

He was letting out chuckles from time to time, even letting out loud laughter sometimes, his mood suddenly lifting up only to come crashing down once he eyed Limitless.

[System: Limitless]

[Name: Yovan Night]

[Age: 23/70]

[Physique: 82/∞]

[Endurance: 111/∞]

[Agility: 83/∞]

[Willpower: 139/∞]

[Mind: 43/∞]

[Devil Fruit: Kakin Kakin no Mi, Model: Crow: 142/∞]

-----[Crow Beast Form: The transformation into a small dark crow with crimson ominous eyes, extremely fast and can blend in the darkness.]

[Countdown]

He specifically eyed the countdown part, expanding it to see that he has less than three months before it ends. He absolutely has no idea what'll happen then, but he can only imagine the worst.

'What if I lose Limitless? Will I suddenly have limits? Will I be just like everyone else? No, I can do it all without it, but will I be able to stay here? Well, at least I broke the curse...'

Something that lifted his mind a bit was the fact that he broke the curse. The cursed number in his stats was nowhere to be seen, in fact, his stats have increased massively as of late.

Likely because he can train more easily and a lot more due to the massive increase in his endurance which seems to also amplify his regeneration abilities.

The most important thing in Limitless though was the change in his age. That simply tells him that everything can be changed in Limitless, no matter how obscure it is.

"Things are going well, but it is still not enough..." Yovan murmured, stroking his chin before deciding to live in the present for now as he brought out what looks like a notebook.

"Let's see what you hold in store, sir green lock." Indeed, it was green lock's notebook. Yovan really didn't expect the first pirate he hunted to have a diary, one he closed a minute later with his face twitching.

"Of course, it was so simple. How could I have missed it? How have I not known that the guy simply had an obsessive disorder of sorts, forcing him to lick his hair to no end, and it all started with..."

Yovan puffed his mouth, desperately trying to say it, "No, I can't fucking say it! Like, what a day..."

He allowed himself to slump back to the deck, falling with a thud, eyeing the gorgeous night sky. It was nothing short of spectacular as always though this time it seemed more special.

"Now that I have the funds. All I need is connections and a lot of training, desperate secluded training. Through my connections, I have to acquire a lot of food, most nutritious meals in west blue, if possible of course."

He needed many things, especially equipments to facilitate the grind before the end. The ship already has most things he'd need, but he has created a web in the Capital Ko, waiting for the prey to fall into, so he has to go back there.

That and he need to get the bounties, so he got himself some new clean clothes from the ship after cleaning himself before setting off, albeit slowly because of his inexperience in sailing with such a large ship.

He threw the bodies somewhere on the way while navigating his way back to the shore, to a place close to the city of Ko.

Yovan then picked up the unconscious bodies after he made sure they stay unconscious again. 

He also placed the green lock guy's head with him in a bag and walked towards the marine branch he has been to before.

As predicted, the moment the marines laid eyes on him, they brought out their guns and aimed at him, yelling, "Halt!!" And only after he stopped did they question, "Bounty hunter?"

To which Yovan nodded and spoke the names of the said pirates. The marine did a bit of checking, making sure he isn't lying before guiding him inside towards the receptionist.

"I didn't think you had it in you... Well, I never think anyone has in him, so excuse this old man's surprise." 

The old man who sold him the bounty book before; eyed him strangely, especially the passed-out pirates on Yovan's back and the bag in his hand, "Is that what I think it is?"

"It is..." Yovan nodded, putting the bodies and the bag on the ground. The man frowned but said nothing. He just went on with a few other marines to do a bit of double-checking before his reward was delivered to him.

"Hey, be careful out there, yeah?" The man warned despite Yovan just getting the bounties of a very good group of pirates in the west blue. 

Something he knows very well is that there are always greater skies, so he was afraid Yovan would skip a few clouds and reach for the moon directly.

"I'll... You'll be seeing me again very soon." Yovan chuckled, his steps leading him to the city to buy some necessities, 'I'm sure they'll be here very soon, then I can get...'

65