Chapter 17: A Masochist Or A Sadist In Making I
1.9k 2 64
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Make sure to check my Patre.on out if you want to support me and want to read advanced chapters: Patre.on.com/VQuintessence
[35 Chapters in Advance on Patre.on]

.................

Chapter 17: A Masochist Or A Sadist In Making I

.................

"I'll... You'll be seeing me again very soon." Yovan chuckled, his steps leading him to the city to buy some necessities, 'I'm sure they'll be here very soon, then I can get all I need.'

Since he's expecting them, he of course has to be ready, so he made his way to his new home, the ship.

The ship was anchored a bit away from the shore, making it a bit harder to reach for others, but well, he just had to flap his wings a few times and he was on board.

He went on to clean the ship very thoroughly; throughout the entire day and night, leaving it spotless. Yovan then went ahead to take a shower, closing his eyes and sensing how the cold water would feel on his skin.

And like always, he barely felt weakened. He felt a bit heavy when showering like always, the effect of the devil fruit's curse, 'I'm not sure how it works though, but I'm sure if I submerge myself in the water I'll definitely lose all control of my body... A bit dangerous.'

He was at least thankful his beast form is that of a bird, so he can fly and avoid falling into the water when necessary. 

Most other devil fruits don't have that luxury though he remembers that there are methods to avoid such a thing. He remembers monsters who can fly in the air just by kicking the air.

He focused on cleaning his long golden hair because it got quite dirty as of late. He found a lot of hair maintenance products on the ship which makes perfect sense considering the green lock guy's obsession.

"I don't know if I'm ready for it now, but I will at least try. Perhaps it'll be a good training method," Yovan murmured while drying himself up, and eyeing a piece of paper hung on the wall.

In the paper, a lot of things he doesn't want to forget were written in what he had come to call Symbols of the Night, something only he can understand.

Yovan eyed his left shoulder, seeing the wound entirely healed, but a missing arm was still something he isn't used to at all... It feels weird.

He frowned, trying to refresh his memory, 'Is there a way that won't take too long of a time? In such a world, there is bound to be a way to get it back, but... I don't remember such a way.'

He shook his head, relying on Limitless for now. Perhaps the increase in his endurance can solve the problem at some point, a point he assumes to be far into the future.

Yovan then got himself a white coat and put it on after wearing similarly white pants and raven loafer shoes. 

He put the coats over his shoulder instead of wearing them fully, treating them like a cape instead, just because it's more convenient for him with his injury.

Surprisingly, the coat held itself very well, almost like there is a higher power making sure it stays over his shoulder.

There was something Yovan had to do before going to sleep because that had yet to happen for days. He went to the Captain's office and looked for a new notebook.

He brought himself a pen and started thinking and writing in Night symbols for hours. He was trying to recall as many important things as possible and write them down.

It was either his need for survival or Limitless, but his memory never functioned better than today as he wrote a lot of things. Everything he can remember, but in the end, it still wasn't much. 

Only then did he go to sleep, throwing his coat to the side before slumping down on the comfy bed, and god did he not miss the comfiness of beds, more than ever.

Yovan ended up only sleeping for about ten hours before waking up fully energized, and it was a miracle considering he didn't sleep for more than four days straight.

"Phew, I need to up my endurance more. I can maximize my training in the next few months more before the countdown if I don't have to sleep." Yovan made note of that before heading out to the deck.

He eyed the gorgeous night sky, something that never gets old, "Well, my sleep schedule is fucked. That's the one thing Dad always stressed. If you live in the woods, you sleep along with the woods, but you wake up before the woods."

However, he just shrugged and got to work, "But know what they say about necessities... Moreover, does the sea ever sleep?" 

He transported a few things from the ship to the shore where he will be training. He'd rather leave the ship spotless and intact because his training will be special, to say the least.

He started by attaching a lot of weights to his person, mostly focusing on his arm and legs. He added more to his shoulders and waist, increasing the difficulty while chanting in his mind.

'Hard Work or Death... Hard Work or Death... Hard Work or Death...' He got into a stabbing stance while holding a brand new spear in his hand, one made of iron.

His arm muscles tensed as he stabbed, sending an Airflow spear right into the ocean, again and again. 

He continued to do the same thing without stop while trying to use every muscle in his body to increase the force. He saw getting exhausted as a win as he only continued to tire himself out, pushing beyond his limits.

That wasn't the only thing he did as after resting for a bit and cooking himself some of the meat he bought; he went back right to training.

The meat was extremely valuable and nutritious, exactly what he wanted, allowing him to push himself even more because the next exercise was one of the things he made sure to note in his notebook.

'It was something to the effect of kicking off the ground at least ten times in the blink of an eye... Yeah, I definitely can't do that now, but...'

Indeed, what he wants to learn is called Soru, one of the six techniques of "Rokushiki" that allows superhuman speed. Even more, it's so effective it's akin to teleportation if one is proficient enough.

Yovan didn't have the weights on in this training because it'll only be a constraint to his progress in mastering the technique. Perhaps such an option would be a good idea once he mastered it.

In the darkness of the night, a vague figure was seemingly leaping from place to place. 

He was certainly not that fast, not at all because he realized that mastering the technique might be more of a challenge than he previously thought.

Soru either wasn't that simple or his physical strength is just not enough, but he was relying mostly on Limitless to lead the way.

He assumes that mastering Soru would go along the lines of how he mastered the Airflow technique, something he didn't understand at all, but it just happened.

So he continued with calculating how many kick-offs he can do in the blink of an eye, and they have to have enough force to do the job.

His inexperience in the technique made the sand beneath his feet scatter everywhere due to his kicks with little effect as he found his current limit to be three kick-offs in the blink of an eye.

"It's not bad but definitely not enough... However, this is extremely exhausting." Yovan murmured with a bright smile. In his mind, that was a good thing.

And he continued to exhaust himself to the point it turned into torture, especially after he turned into his beast form, flying around whilst trying to get better control of his devil fruit.

In the end, he found himself lying on the deck of the ship, slumped powerlessly on the ground, unable to move. 

His skin was tomato red, seemingly boiling, releasing something akin to steam just due to how hot he was. 

This was the result of remaining in the beast form way beyond his limits, to exhaustion and beyond. He felt like he was being burned alive, and he could only grit his teeth through the agony.

[Willpower: 169/∞]

[Devil Fruit: Kakin Kakin no Mi, Model: Crow: 172/∞]

64