Chapter 20: The Pain And Risks, All Out Of Necessity I
1.7k 2 57
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Make sure to check my Patre.on out if you want to support me and want to read advanced chapters: Patre.on.com/VQuintessence
[35 Chapters in Advance on Patre.on]

.................

Chapter 20: The Pain And Risks, All Out Of Necessity I

.................

"Throw the trash in the hole! I'll deal with him later." Francis' tone was loud and arrogant, a tone he had very much missed since he came across Yovan. He was more so irritated though, in full understanding of what was about to come.

Now, however, he can speak however he wants to because before him were his underlings. He was finally back to the luxury of his own home, the Underworld.

Somehow, he came back with Yovan... And the latter was the trash he spoke of as his underlings lifted the bloody Yovan who seems to be on the verge of Death.

Francis then ignored them and quickly made his way towards the boss, the Mafia family's head. His arrogance slowly vanished, knowing that he couldn't afford to show any against the head.

Nervousness also started to overwhelm him, knowing that he can not afford to make any mistake because only death awaits.

He was obviously in a hurry as noted by all of the underlings he passed by.

He found several higher-ups already waiting for him to join them at the table. He gave a salute and took a seat once given permission.

This was actually one of the only times he was allowed on the table. Usually only when making a significant achievement are you allowed within.

Or, if you're a part of the higher echelon of the Mafia, and he, unfortunately, wasn't there yet, but he wasn't far off.

Now, he was being put on death row. If a single mistake is made, he shall be executed. The Mafias of the west, all of them have been very wary of almost anything... Because of Capone Bege.

The monster has been messing around with them for years, trying to drive them mad in all kinds of ways, such as inducing discord among them.

"You're the only one back... Care to explain what happened?" At the head of the table was the family head, irritation was apparent on his face. The family has lost too many members and it simply can not afford this new loss.

"I..." Francis gulped, his eyes seeming shifty, sweating mounting down the hill that is his forehead.

"Speak!!!" 

Francis had to jump in fright at his boss's scream, making him even more nervous and fearful to the point he instinctively yelled, "It was that monster!!"

Silence instantly overwhelmed the room. They know of a monster, a specific person they call a monster because of how much suffering he made them go through, yet they can't do anything about it.

"You're lying... How would you be alive if he targets you?" One of the Mafia higher-ups pointed out with a fearful frown. 

No one that the monster targeted before has ever escaped death, so how would Francis, a short fat middle-aged man?

"Unless?" The Mafia family head murmured, his eyes widening as he stared at Francis, waiting for confirmation with bated breath.

"He let me ago... Just after I captured the target of my mission, Bege appeared and killed them all... Every one of the underlings, leaving only me alive." Francis nodded as he explained, mimicking his boss' fearful look.

"Why?" Someone else asked with a gulp, their lips trembling.

"To tell you that..." Francis started murmuring, coming to a halt.

"That?" They waited with bated breaths.

"That each and every one of you will die soon," Francis quickly let it all out, jolting everyone in the room into silence, "His exact words were 'Wash your neck and wait for my arrival' He also said that he'll be following closely after me, meaning that will be very soon."

"You know that only Death awaits if you're lying, right?" The Mafia head asked, almost wishing for Francis to say he was lying.

"I... I'm not. You can question the kid I threw in the hole... He was conscious when that happened." Francis hastily shook his head and explained, "Perhaps he knows more about the monster?"

"So it was a set up?" One of the higher-ups asked for confirmation as he realized that perhaps Francis' task was a set up for him.

"Yeah, that kid is very weak... The monster didn't care about his well-being though, so he must've just used him to get me there." Francis nodded, and nervously explained, "That's the only explanation on how our base in the capital of Ko was completely eradicated."

"It was all the monster's doing... But why?" The Family head wondered despite having a very good idea of why.

"He's playing with us... This is all a game for him. That son of a bitch!!" One of the higher-ups couldn't help but scream in irritation, fueled by his fear of the monster.

"Capone Bege!!! Do you think we're that easy!?" The Family head's anger was also fueled by terror because Bege succeeded in a similar thing before, so why would he fail now?

Soon, a few higher-ups were sent along with Bege to prepare their army, and assemble everyone for the expected war. In but an hour, the word traveled throughout the underworld, Capone Bege is on the hunt.

While all of that was happening, Yovan's bloody body was brought to the Interrogation room. The Family head along with some other higher-ups were waiting for the torture to start from a distance.

The story told by Bege made too much sense, but they still had to be careful. Capone Bege was known for messing with others' minds.

"Is he even gonna wake up with his state?" One of the higher-ups was dubious.

"Two bullet holes, and what looks like a deep knife wound through his chest," The one responsible for the torture noted with a frown, "He's barely alive... We'll have to use it."

"Do it." Without hesitation, the Family head ordered.

The Doctor brought out a medical syringe, filled with some kind of liquid. His hand reached out, trying to inject the already chained Yovan with the liquid which would certainly take away his life.

It was a trade. It will wake him up to spill all he knows, but he'll end up dead. They understandably do not care about his well-being.

Slowly but surely, the syringe was closing in on Yovan's skin. However, the doctor found himself stunned, absolutely speechless.

Yovan was chained to a wall, cuffed. Even if he could move, he shouldn't be able to do anything. The most he would be able to do is move his fingers.

Yet before the Doctor's very eyes, Yovan twisted into a small dark crow, thus escaping his chains. 

The next moment, the crow's beak dove directly into the doctor's throat.

57