Chapter 27: The Strangers I
1.5k 0 49
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Make sure to check my Patre.on out if you want to support me and want to read advanced chapters: Patre.on.com/VQuintessence
[35 Chapters in Advance on Patre.on]

.................

Chapter 27: The Strangers I

................. 

The reason why he didn't want to use the Feathers of Desperation was exactly because it would lead to his current state.

"Finally back? I took care of the enemy's ship," Only a day passed before Yovan came back, finding Bege waiting for him.

Next to Bege stood several other people, Bege's subordinates. Where they came from became clear as they walked up while carrying someone towards Bege.

As if they had passed by a shrinking gate, they started getting smaller and smaller until they became as small as a grape, allowing them to enter through a tiny gate on Bege's shoes.

"He lived," Yovan frowned as he remarked. The someone they were carrying was none other than an unconscious Boo, seeming on the verge of death, most of his skin completely charred.

"It's a peculiar thing indeed," Bege nodded, a glint passing in his eyes, "He crawled out of the lava, looking completely inky black. The inky vanished only after he passed out. It was the same inky substance he used against you... Know anything about it?"

"I've heard things, but nothing of value," Yovan started stroking his chin, looking thoughtful, "Perhaps we can use him."

Capone Bege nodded with a small grin. They were both thinking of the same thing, using Boo to get something out of the Chinjao family.

"I know that the Chinjao family has very close ties to the Royal family of Kano country. They likely have close cooperation with each other, so how we go about this is vital." Bege didn't let greed get the better of him as he warned.

"Yeah," Yovan agreed, "If he was this monstrous, then the others must be just like him or stronger... In my current state, dealing with someone like him is a certain impossibility."

"Your state?" Bege narrowed his eyes, his first assumption was Yovan's broken legs because the latter was sitting down, most certainly moving about in his crow form.

The large piece of cloth hiding most of Yovan's face signified something. Similarly, his robe and pants hid his skin perfectly.

"You..." Bege was speechless as Yovan took off the piece of cloth. He certainly doesn't trust Yovan, and neither does the latter, yet even with his current sorry state, Bege didn't consider attacking him at all.

In fact, it was quite the opposite. Yovan's current state only emphasized just how dangerous he is for surviving when he shouldn't.

Moreover, Bege doesn't believe Yovan would show weakness to him if he didn't have something up his sleeve. 

Before him was nothing but skin and bones. Even the skin was all wrinkly. Bege wasn't sure how Yovan was alive because he looked like he aged a few decades overnight.

"I'll be fine. I should be able to recover with time and lots of food," Yet Yovan looked to be the calmest he's ever been. Such is the consequence of using his Devil Fruit beyond limits, far far beyond his limits.

The Feathers of Desperation were named as such for a reason. They suck the life out of him even when barely using them. 

In the battle, however, he used his sheer tremendous willpower to use them in such a way he hadn't before, not even close.

"Let's move before reinforcement arrives," Yovan hid his face again before twisting into his crow form and flying towards a boat close by.

As instructed, Bege's subordinates only came for them this morning, a small boat was already waiting for them to lead them to the ship.

Their first priority was just getting the hell out of the area. Next came a bit of sacrifice from Bege's underlings. They had to deliver some news to the Chinjao family, and unfortunately, some died during the holy service.

Capone Bege was right when he said the Chinjao family has a certain level of cooperation with the Royal family of Kano. He was just unaware of just how close the relationship between the two was.

The Chinjao Family is kind of a gang from the Kano Country, led by Don Chinjao. Anyone with a brain, however, would note that they're pirates in heart, protected by the country, to a certain extent of course.

The Family only has three members, Sai and Boo, and they seem to be very loyal to their leader and grandfather, Don Chinjao. The latter returns that loyalty with fondness, so imagine his reaction, knowing that Boo is under the threat of Death.

This is where the Happo Navy comes in, a pirate crew led by the Family. Their full force was launched to prey for information, either about the history of the assailants or Boo's whereabouts.

Unfortunately for Yovan, Capone Bege wasn't caught on the Chinjao family's radar. Instead, only one title emerged, the Stranger, a bounty hunter.

Tracing his steps back led them to his previous title, Shadow. It also led them to his realm name, Yovan Night.

There was, however, no sign of the Stranger anywhere. Only traces of the past. So Don Chinjao had to play it cool as per the advice of the king of Kano himself.

He had to meet the Stranger's requests. Two very simple requests, the methods for training two things, Hasshoken and Haki. 

These two things, however, were beyond valuable, especially Hasshoken. It wasn't just any Martial Art, it was his family Art, a sacred thing he plans to pass to his grandchildren, to be passed down for generations to come.

As the messenger said, Don Chinjao went himself to the meeting place to hand over the information. Boo will be handed over only and only once the information is verified.

Don allegedly went alone to the dense and dangerous forest, arriving by evening. He placed the small notes containing the information on the ground and retreated about a mile away as instructed.

Whether Don Chinjao would keep his word and not attack once someone appears wasn't worth the consideration because the other party wasn't keeping their word.

From high in the sky, a cluster of smoke was falling. It seemed to be an already triggered smoke bomb that fell right on the pieces of paper.

Don reacted instantly, sprinting towards the notes once he noticed the peculiarity. He was, however, too late because all he saw was a bunch of dark feathers scattering around.

His exceptional senses, or perhaps a special type of Haki allowed him to send dozens of small figures flying from the area. He was barely able to sense them because of their apparently abnormal stealthy nature.

Don's focus though was mostly on the piece of paper in his hand, a different piece of paper left by the source of the dark feathers.

"If I was deceived, then I swear by my name as Don Chinjao that I'll hunt you to the end of the ocean till my deathbed!!! My hate will be your nightmares!!"

Don's anger was clear even to Yovan who has long fleed the area because the voice traveled throughout the forest, reverberating through it for a while longer.

Things could go either way at this point. If the information given to him was authentic, and Yovan would know because he remembers a little about how Haki and Hasshoken work, if so, Boo will truly be in the promised location.

If not, well, no second chances. Second chances often mean risks that shouldn't be taken because a second mistake will definitely happen. Yovan wasn't willing to take that risk against such a monster, and he luckily didn't have to.

As far as Yovan's limited knowledge tells him, the information was authentic. So he chose to lay low for a while with Capone Bege, knowing that things aren't settled.

And indeed, a bounty was put on Yovan's head through the Royal family's influence..."99 Million Belly." Yovan remarked with a newspaper in his hand.

"We made quite the powerful enemies," Capone noted.

The two were sitting on the front deck of quite a massive ship. Capone's ship seemed formal as always with a trace of elegance. 

Yovan on the other hand was quite relaxed, adorned in casual clothes, quite understandable considering his state barely got any better in the past week.

"Quite the petty enemies," Yovan agreed, "They couldn't just take the final step and grant me 100 million... So rude."

"Huh?" 

"Anyway, we're here," Yovan stated before Capone can ask questions.

"He's here, huh?" Capone stroked his chin with narrow eyes, wondering how he missed such a talent if he is as interesting as Yovan claims him out to be.

"Demon Sheriff."

49