Chapter 33: The Painting In Between II
989 0 45
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Make sure to check my Patre.on out if you want to support me and want to read advanced chapters: Patre.on.com/VQuintessence
[35 Chapters in Advance on Patre.on]

.................

Chapter 33: The Painting In Between II

................. 

"You know what. Capone's proposition sounds very tempting right now." Yovan was in a pinch. He realized that he was very poor and that he had very little money.

"I mean, you can just get money from Capone. He basically dominated the west blue for years, so he must be very rich." Laffitte suggested.

"He doesn't have enough... I want a lot." Yovan started stroking his chin. This was all for survival, so everything is excused and permitted.

'I have to adapt... Father's teaching won't help at the moment because scamming will likely take a while, and won't get me as much as I want.' Yovan's contemplating was soon interrupted by Laffitte's question.

"How much do you need? I think I have an idea." He asked.

"A few hundred millions," Yovan answered and eyed Laffitte with anticipation.

"Oh," Laffitte hesitated for a bit, "I might be worth that much?"

"Pardon?" 

"I mean, what if you hand me to the Marines? Won't my elegant perfect nice self earn quite a lot?" Laffitte supposed with a grin.

"Isn't your bounty only 35 million belly?" Yovan arched his brow with confusion.

"Mmm, don't talk to me." Laffitte turned his head away with a scoff.

Yovan shook his head in amusement. His words weren't intent on belittling Laffitte or anything. 

In fact, if the horrendous things done by him were known, his bounty will certainly reach hundreds of millions. Yeah, Laffitte very much likes to gossip about himself.

He was even sure that the 35 million bounty was kind of a disgrace to his otherwise spotless reputation.

Their chatter ended as they focused on eating their newly arrived lunch. They were indeed in a restaurant, and something interesting about the city's cuisine is their mostly vegetarian delicacies and very little fish meat.

Yovan enjoyed his lunch in deep thought, his eyes glimmering amidst the construction of an interesting plan, "Hey! Come here." 

He called out for Capone's subordinate to approach. The other had already left, delivering all the stuff they bought back to the ship.

"Go get me a bounty book of Paradise..." Without question, the man ran out to the city's Marine base and returned very quickly, handing Yovan the very large book to look through it.

"Don't follow me," Yovan spoke as he stood up, walking out of the restaurant and leaving Laffitte alone.

His steps led him to a very isolated alleyway. He entered from one way but didn't exist from the other. Instead, he flew away in his crow form.

For hours, Yovan flew around, taking breaks from time to time to recover from overuse of his Devil Fruit. He especially focused on surveying the port.

And finally, Yovan found his target. He walked by him in the middle of the night and pulled him alone as if they were friends.

The city was especially bustling at night, so no one paid attention to him as he basically dragged the knocked-out man alongside him.

The man was just getting himself drunk, and before he knew it, he was knocked out and dragged to a Marine base. 

He was a pirate and he had a bounty on him. Unluckily for him, he didn't do good enough of a job to hide his features, so Yovan found him.

Nearby the Marine base, Yovan slipped into a fairly dark alleyway and transformed into his crow form for a split second for the sole purpose of creating a single feather of desperation.

Afterward, he forcefully fed it to the man, making sure it safely sails into his belly. Yovan then dragged him into the Marine base, and no one stopped him.

The Marines were very much used to bounty hunters coming in with dead bodies or unconscious bodies to reap the rewards.

Yovan walked up to the section specializing in bounty hunting. This wasn't his first time doing this, so he handed them the person to do a checkup and waited.

"His identity is confirmed. Naval Dank. Bounty, 6 Million beli." Soon, a Marine approached him with the details before asking, "Do you have a name?"

"No," Yovan made sure his face was hidden as he answered, obviously wanting to remain anonymous. Now, they should be suspicious of him by this point, but they said nothing except tell him to wait for his reward.

Pirates are pirates, so they certainly hunt each other sometimes for their bounties, so as long as you hide your identity decently, they'll generally turn a blind eye.

They want pirates to turn on each other, chaos to burn amidst the human garbage that are pirates, in their eyes at least.

Yovan didn't wait for them. Instead, he went into a corner and vanished. The area was very well lit, but even in light, there is darkness which the dark crow used to slip behind the Marines that were getting his reward.

His Devil Fruit seemed to have a natural talent for stealth as the flapping of his wings was completely silent. It wasn't so much so before, but as he gained mastery over his powers, he became a silent assassin.

The crow's small size also contributed to that as the crow literally just walked into the colossal Marine Base's treasury along with the Marines.

The Marines got his reward under the supervision of some other Marines and went out to give it to him, locking the treasury vault behind them.

Yovan remained calm and composed, chilling in his own corner for hours to come. 

His eyes were constantly scanning everything in the room, finding only money, what he presumes to be more than a few hundred million beli.

He thought there would be other valuable things in the treasury, but perhaps they're isolating raw cash from other valuables.

Yovan didn't seem worried about how he should go about escaping. He just waited until an opportunity presented itself, or he created an opportunity.

This Marine Base is especially large, split into several different sections, each a decent distance from the other, so understandably, the prisoner section is far away.

In the prison section, a certain gentleman started screaming his heart out. His name is Naval Dank, the pirate Yovan handed over. His screams were so loud it nearly awakened the entire section.

It was obviously an emergency, and it became even more of an emergency once the Marines noticed that something was trying to literally break out of his belly.

And the thing was able to break out, a dark feather, seemingly strong enough to pierce through someone's stomach, leaving the kind gentleman a bloody mess.

The Marine Base's name is G-9, and naturally, it has a Base commander who is a Vice Admiral. Unfortunately, he arrived at the incident location a bit too late.

The Vice Admiral stood amidst many other Marines, tightly holding a feather in his hand with narrow eyes. 

He was by far the tallest of anyone around, reaching 12 feet in height, sporting a mohawk haircut on his dark green hair though it was leaned back, letting his thin hair fall to his neck, almost like a horse Mane.

"Interesting... This feels like a distraction." The Vice Admiral narrowed his eyes further, turning around to directly eye one of his subordinates who was hurriedly running towards him, "What happened?"

"T! Th! The!" The certain Marine stumbled upon his words, having to catch a breath every second.

"Calm down. Take a deep breath, then speak." The Vice Admiral authoritatively ordered with a frown.

"Vice Admiral Tarus! The Treasury was broken into! Nothing was left!!!" The Marine screamed his lungs out.

"Close the port, then search everything on it." Remaining just as Composed, Tarus ordered before turning his attention to the dead gentleman, "Tell me everything, who brought this guy?"

Vice Admiral Tarus soon made his way to the incident scene, finding the vault to be completely destroyed, a clear sign of the enemy's strength because it was made of compact metal.

Tarus suddenly stopped in his tracks just as he was about to enter the vault, leaning backward to the point his head almost touched the floor with his feets still tight on the ground.

Because right at that moment, a dozen or so feathers leaped right at his neck, trying to pierce through it. Tarus not only evaded them, but he also caught every single feather in his hands while in such a rough position.

"You've made a huge mistake." Vice Admiral remarked as he stood straight again.

Very far away was a crow hovering in the sky. He quickly dove down to his ship, finding Capone and Laffitte waiting for him, "Oops."

"What the fuck did you do?" Capone asked, seeing the fat bag of cash on the ship's deck. He thought he'd be the one to start trouble because he was preying for information to do something similar... However.

45