Chapter 36: The Feeble Monster II
935 0 40
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Make sure to check my Patre.on out if you want to support me and want to read advanced chapters: Patre.on.com/VQuintessence
[35 Chapters in Advance on Patre.on]

.................

Chapter 36: The Feeble Monster II

................. 

"Hmm, It's indeed very odd, but I won't prey any further," Kureha smiled as she held the still afraid reindeer a bit tighter, closing his ears in the process, "Forget about the money, Kill the King."

A wicked grin emerged on Capone's face, "I heard he's holding two dozen doctors hostage, no? If I get rid of him, they'll naturally owe me..."

Kureha didn't bother answering as her focus returned to Yovan, bringing out a few tools to examine him more thoroughly.

Capone, on the other hand, left a few of his subordinates in her small tree house to watch over Yovan, and only then did he go out with Laffitte.

"You'll have to fly me up there," Capone said as he eyed the Island's mountains, specifically the tallest of them all.

Drum Island is an extremely snowy country, with absolutely freezing temperatures that can be felt even from the surrounding seas.

The ground is always covered in thick snow, making locomotion difficult for those not adapted to it, and avalanches may be triggered by the local fauna.

So just moving about is dangerous let alone the beasts spread out throughout the Island, dangerous beasts that stop many from reaching the mountains.

Those mountains are actually a series of drum-shaped mountains known as the Drum Rockies. The King's castle is located at the summit of the largest of the Drum Rockies, Drum Rock, at the very center of the island.

And fortunately for the two, Yovan wasn't the only one who can fly as Laffitte spread his wings and held Capone by his jacket suit before jumping into the sky, flying his way to the castle.

"You son of a bitch!! Stop, you'll destroy my exquisite clothes!!" He certainly didn't expect Laffitte to hold him in such a way, almost like a dog, and most importantly, his suit is going to be ruined!!

"Heheh, don't worry about it, I'll buy you a new one." The psychopath had to hide his mouth with his other hand so as to not burst out laughing.

"I swear I'll kill you!!"

"That sounds lovely."

"I'll fucking destroy all of your clothesssss haaaahhhhhhhh!" Laffite let Capone go. 

His words were simply too offensive for his pure mind though the Don only fell for a few seconds, landing on the thick snow right before the castle.

Capone Bege slowly stood up, his eyes never leaving his clothes. He was basically turned into a snowman, and his clothes were completely wet, so he remained silent for a while before screaming his lungs out, "You've gone ahead and done it!!!"

Within the castle walls was an odd-looking human, no offense. It was King Wapol, an overweight man with an unusual appearance. 

He has dark violet hair and a cylinder-shaped jaw made up of tin plates, and his head would've appeared to be bigger than his body if he wasn't so fat, strategically fat perhaps?

And well, he was eating a piece of wood, seemingly tasting it, literally munching through it like butter. Well, until he heard dozens of explosions happening all at the same time and his castle shaking.

"WHO DARES!!?" He wobbled his steps to the outside world to touch some snow, finding two odd individuals having their way with his land

There was one spurting literally cannonballs from his chest. The other was flying about, evading every cannonball with exquisite grace while laughing his ass off.

It wasn't only Wapol who was stupified, his subordinates behind him were also stunned speechless. 

Not for long though as Wapol screamed, his eyes going red, veins popping on his head, "You peasants! WHAT Do you Think You're doing??!!"

His manner was odd, almost like that of a child which is why he probably got a peculiar reaction out of Capone as the latter turned his attention to him, "You're fat..."

"Pardon??" Wapol was stupified, unable to believe his ears.

"You're fat and ugly." Capone expanded upon his words.

"You... Muahahahahaahahahaha Muaahhahahaha aahahhhh you son of a bitch!!!" For a moment he was maniacally laughing. Then he was screaming in fury. 

He was truly like a child, making Capone's job much easier for him. Wapol opened his mouth wide, stretching to an unbelievable degree, quite an interesting scenery considering his brain was blown up a second later.

It was the result of flawless teamwork as Capone distracted Wapol. Well, it ended up being more than a distraction since Wapol was such a manchild.

Laffitte was a master of stealth as he flew right by Wapol with a flintlock pistol, and well, he pulled the trigger.

"What an idiot," Capone Bege shook his head in exasperation. How can someone, especially a King be so stupid and emotional?

"Y..." The only other sound heard was that of the King's subordinates, soiling their pants in fear only to be awakened by Laffitte standing over them with an innocent smile, "Mind leading me to the doctors?"

Laffitte was certainly intimidating, to say the least. He was very slim and almost 12 feet tall, and his face... Well, it was very sweet and innocent.

Things went smoothly from there. The twenty doctors within the castle were very much willing to help in whatever way they can, thus accelerating Kuhera's studies for a cure.

Laffitte and Capone could only wait near Kureha's home in case something goes wrong.

Laffitte wasn't soo surprised, but Capone was as he questioned himself, "How did I end up here?"

"Don't we all want to know?" Laffitte responded.

"You seem very satisfied in where you are," Capone noted.

"I'm." Laffitte smiled, and Capone wished that smile was innocent and genuine, but it was kind of wretched, as all things should be.

The subject of their conversation was the newspaper in their hand, specifically the bounty section. A News cow just delivered it to them, the latest newspaper with updated bounties. 

And well, they were in it, all three of them. After robbing a fucking Marine base and having such an intense confrontation with Vice Admiral Tarus, their bounties naturally rose significantly.

[Yovan Night (The Stranger): 299 Million Beli]

[Laffitte (Demon Sherrif): 70 Million Beli]

[Capone Gang Bege (The Don): 100 Million Beli]

However, the bounties weren't what started the conversation. No, it was what was written beneath them. It was officially declared that Capone Bege and Laffitte are part of the Stranger Pirates.

Somehow, without their knowledge, a pirate crew was created involving them. Of course, Yovan also doesn't know, but he's about to as the two were summoned to Kureha's house.

It's only been a week, yet there were already results, but that wasn't the most important thing, "If he was to recover completely, he'll have to stay asleep for a month longer.

Wait for him to wake up naturally but in the meantime, you'll feed him this fluid two times every day. 

It's a very nutritious solution, but it's only temporary until I figure out something more effective for his special condition.

I assumed you'd want to leave, and he'd be safer with you specifically due to your Devil Fruit powers." As she spoke, she lifted up a box in which were about two hundred test tubes filled with a green liquid.

"I also assume you have Den Den Mushi, so just give me your number, and I'll contact you when there is progress."

"No can do." Laffitte was the first to speak and Capone supported him as he said, "He'll have to be awake in a week one way or another."

"Oh?" Kureha strangely let out a smile, "By Whose orders?"

"In his words exactly. 'If I don't wake up in two weeks, find a way to forcefully wake me up.' And I plan to adhere to that demand." Bege stated, unwaveringly so.

"Hehehe," Kureha let out a cute laugh, one that soon turned ominous, "The patient have no say in the matter, not when they're brought through my door. I'll say how they shall be treated, and my demands will be met."

She walked up to Yovan's unconscious body, eyeing it with exasperation, "Who looks at someone like him and thinks they can take care of themselves, huh? The patient's health matters to me more than their wishes, and I'll accept no compromise!"

Laffitte frowned as he stood right before Kureha, "And we'll also accept no compromise. His demand might be unreasonable, but I was entrusted with something by... My Captain, so I'll oblige."

"This is for his own good. Only death awaits him otherwise... I can confidently say that he has less than twenty years of life left, and that'll only go lower if he was to continue down this path." Kureha seriously warned.

"And it'll be a short worthwhile trip," Laffitte responded right back, and Kureha could see it in his eyes. There is no backing down.

"If that's truly the path you want to take, then I'll no longer work on a cure for his condition. Our deal will be terminated here and now." Kureha strangely relented, something she didn't think she'd do.

"Sure." 

Kureha shook her head with a sigh as she rummaged through her tools, filling a syringe with a transparent liquid which she injected Yovan with.

She then retreated a bit and waited for more than a minute before she saw movement. The feeble monster that shouldn't be able to move was able to move.

He even stood up and looked around, seeming a bit dazed, "How long was I out?"

"About ten days," Laffitte responded.

"Oh, that's a bit much but manageable I guess..." His response nearly drove Kureha insane!!

40