Chapter 38: Water 7
982 3 36
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Make sure to check my Patre.on out if you want to support me and want to read advanced chapters: Patre.on.com/VQuintessence
[35 Chapters in Advance on Patre.on]

.................

Chapter 38: Water 7

................. 

Yovan saw it as the Sea King laughing at what he went through, and what he'll surely go through... It was a gorgeous picture he dearly wanted to paint.

So he got to it the first chance he got, only after the weather settled down a bit. The Sea Kings were still floating though one was having a hard time staying afloat despite being dead.

"Bitch! Not like that!!"

"NOO! Do it again!"

"No! Only let me go when I fucking say so!"

"I WILL KILL YOUUUU! My Blazer is fucked!! And it's fucking NEEEEWW!"

"Ok Stop!!"

"That's fucking enough! Take me back to the ship, or I'll start firing!!"

"I'll start firing at your room you bitch looking motherfucker!!!"

His voice was ever-sounding, reaching Yovan who was very focused on painting. Every word spoken was uttered by Capone Bege himself, a result of the only person that can make him so mad, Laffitte.

Laffitte was having the time of his life messing around with the Don, first helping him test his ability, called Big Father.

By raising his pinky and middle fingers, Bege transforms his entire body into a gigantic, heavily armed and fortified fortress-like golem. 

it's so massive and heavy that it knocked the Sea King out at first impact. The second impact declared the colossal monster dead.

He transforms into Big Father, transforms back before hitting the water for Laffitte to catch him, and repeat... Well, until Bege started losing it.

He was just trying to maximize their teamwork, but Laffitte made it a fucking hell for him.

They came back by the time the Sea Kings' bodies started sinking. Yovan wasn't sure exactly how, but he remembers big animals staying afloat for a while because of the gases inside of them, only sinking once they slip out.

Or perhaps it's their gigantic bladder? Who knows, and he didn't really care as he had finished his painting by this point.

So before the Sea Kings can fully sink, Yovan transformed into his crow form and flew to them, seeking to cut off as much of their meat as possible.

The Don and Laffitte were left to survey the gorgeous thing that is his painting. The Don's face was twitching, veins popping on his head while Laffitte was barely holding his laugh back.

In the Painting, there was an ocean, a dark menacing ocean as far as the eyes can see. 

The Owl Sea King was at the very center of the painting with its signature twisted smile, blood flowing down its face from its pierced head. Still nailed to its head was a black sword of feathers. 

In the background was the other Sea King, and two individuals purposefully made clear were Laffitte and Bege in the air, the latter held by his collar by an amused Laffitte.

And well, the most amusing was Bege's expression in the painting, his eyes were bulging, and due to Laffitte stretching his exquisite clothes, his balloony belly was clear for all to see.

If that wasn't enough, his mouth was opened wide, insinuating his screaming, but as a result, his cigar falling into his mouth somehow creating a puff of smoke as if he was choking on something.

The Painting was dark... Yet light at the same time. The Owl Sea King was representing darkness and depravity, complemented by the dark ocean, yet even amidst the darkness, there can be light... At Bege's expense.

"How do you feel?" That same Bege eyed Yovan strangely as he came up with tons of meat, carried in something akin to a bag of feathers.

"Not too bad," Yovan shrugged after putting everything down and turning back to his human form, "I'll still go to rest though." 

And he did just that while Bege instructed his subordinates to start cooking some of the meat.

Yovan made it back to his room, first drinking one of the green solutions given to him by Kureha which he took the liberty of calling the Green things.

Afterward, he collapsed on his bed, absolutely worn out. He could still keep his consciousness though, leading him to believe that either his Devil Fruit Mastery or his Willpower was responsible, specifically his advancement in said fields.

Either way, he allowed himself to slip into unconsciousness, only waking up at the night of the next day, finding the crew to be having a party, and Yovan joined right in, devouring every piece of meat he could lay eyes on.

The green thing wasn't enough, but Sea kings' meat seemed to be doing well for his appetite, and god knows that he needs to add some weight to his otherwise skeleton body. 

Laffitte was pretty much leading Bege's subordinates right now, instructing them on how to dance slowly but surely, then trying to perform a coordinated dance much to Bege's mental stability.

Their style of attire was also perfect for the dance, basically all wearing the same thing, black tuxedos and black top hats.

Yet again, everything was ruined by the shitty weather of the grand line as at one point, the sea was calm, and the sky was clear, then at another, dark clouds overwhelmed the sky.

It started to get windy, slowly and surely until the violent winds started fighting the ship, trying to send it backward... Yovan was truly one of the unluckiest to ever exist.

They ended up dealing with another Sea King, then another, seemingly summoned by the darkness of the sky, and they weren't able to move forward for a few more hours due to the wind working against them. 

However, by morning, they reached their destination. In the far distance, they could see a fountain-like city. 

Indeed, the city resembled a giant fountain in a volcano shape because of the tiered system of building houses.

The City was a sight to behold, but its value extends way beyond that. The water around it however is extremely dangerous which is why a certain Shipwright decided to build a Sea Train.

Water 7's remoteness and proximity to a large number of Sea King, coupled with increased pirate activity during the early stages of the Great Pirate Era, made the port city undesirable for trade, slowly eroding the city and all who lived there.

Therefore, a Sea Train was created, a locomotive paddle steamer that traverses across the surface of the sea, traveling between Water 7 and several other nearby islands.

The tracks of a sea train lie just under the surface of the ocean and sway with the tides to avoid any damage caused by the waves. It's truly a masterpiece of engineering that only a true master shipwright could build.

He was mostly responsible for Water 7 becoming what it is today. The legend was named Tom, a long-horned cowfish fish-man who was known as the most skilled shipwright in the world and the head of his own company, Tom's Workers. 

Furthermore, he was well known for being the builder of the Roger Pirates' ship, the Oro Jackson. 

Unfortunately, he was executed, but fortunately, he left behind the Galley-La Company, which is an organization of the finest shipwrights in the world.

They were Yovan's goal in more ways than one as he instructed, "Let's stop here."

"Hm? Why?" Bege questioned with confusion. They were still far from Water 7, only being able to see it on the horizon.

"I want to try something first, care to get me some paint, like a lot of paint," Yovan stated before turning into his crow form, creating a few bursts of black feathers before turning back.

He then started painting his feathers white, and it didn't take long with the help of the crew.

"I'll be back soon, so make sure to stay in place!" Yovan commented before twisting into his crow form and flying directly into the cloud along with his white feathers.

"What trouble is he bringing us now?" Bege couldn't help but facepalm, already seeing a disaster in the making.

"A lovely disaster, perhaps?" Laffitte let out a grin of anticipation.

On the outskirts of Water 7, there was a house, a colorful house it was. 

It has big gold letters reading in front and has large robot-like arms hanging off the sides. It was night, a dark night, contributing to the stealthy nature of a specific dark crow.

He waited and waited for hours until his target was in sight, but he still didn't act because he wasn't alone.

Two entire days of waiting passed before an opportunity showed itself. It had to be dark, and he had to be alone. It would've been an incredibly rare opportunity if the target's house wasn't so isolated from everyone else.

His only comrades seem to be the ones alongside him, living with him even. Not today though as he stumbled his way to his house, singing along the way, dancing, and drinking some kind of beverage.

If he wasn't already odd, his appearance was... he was a powerfully built man with a height of at least seven feet. His forearms are relatively enormous while his biceps are comparably small. 

He has brightly colored blue hair and blue star tattoos on his forearms, but most importantly, he was wearing little to no clothes.

So Yovan decided to kindly cover him as he was overwhelmed with a storm of white feathers, tightening completely around him to the point he couldn't breathe.

Just as he wanted to do something as he has a lot up his sleeve, a deep stab to his back left him groaning in pain to the point he almost passed out.

He was basically a prisoner in a blank realm because all he could see was white as he felt his back literally being split wide open, it was his only weak point, a place that isn't made of metal.

At last, the white vanished as he passed away, his face speaking of pure horror because... Because he felt something being taken away from his insides, just a few pieces of paper.

36