Chapter 44: Hybrid Form II
852 0 38
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Make sure to check my Patre.on out if you want to support me and want to read advanced chapters: Patre.on.com/VQuintessence
[35 Chapters in Advance on Patre.on]

.................

Chapter 44: Hybrid Form II

................. 

"Hmm, thank you," Yovan said as he caught a large grape that spurted from the group, "Yummy." And well, he took a bite.

He seemed very relaxed, eating constantly as food literally grows from the ground just for him because the Stomach Baron was accidentally tamed by him.

He didn't even have to do much. It just metaphorically begged him not to feed it too much lest it explodes, but it was also very happy he was feeding it so much, so they became friends.

It's been three months, yet his state didn't get any better despite his hopes, and it's all because of himself.

He couldn't get fat simply because he never stopped exhausting himself. In fact, he felt very energetic since coming to this Island and enjoying its delicacies, so he tortured himself more.

His eyes were nailed on everything happening around him, somehow keeping up with all of the chaos.

The sound of explosions resounding everywhere, followed by something akin to sound bombs. Then chaos, a lot of chaos, and destruction.

Yovan was being ganged upon by all of Capone Bege, Laffitte, and even Kaku.

Bege was releasing numerous cannonballs as well as bullets at him. Laffitte was somehow releasing Sonic Screams from his mouth, shaking the surroundings. Kaku was moving around with impressive speed and flexibility, trying to reach Yovan.

Alas, here he was, looking as feeble as usual, just sitting in his place, pretty much attired in only pants, complemented by his Wing and moon earrings. 

Nothing reached him because... Numerous feathers were floating about, so many it obscured everyone's vision but him. 

His control of his feathers became so immaculate that he could not only shield against all of their attacks but also smack them with feather hands, seemingly appearing out of nowhere.

He tasked them with one thing, touch him, but no one could, not even Bege's castle form. One thing was for sure, they all became many times more powerful across the last three months.

Their speed was blurry as they moved about because they had to become strong so as to not get beat up by him.

Their reaction time also increased though that's not the only thing... They were developing Haki!

His continuous bullying not only forced them to start developing Bushoshoku Haki, but it also forced them to slowly but surely awaken Kenbunshoku Haki.

The first because their body was kind of being forced to adapt to hell along with testing the limits of their willpower and perseverance. 

The other because they hated being smacked on the face, so they were forced to sense the feathers' movement around them.

They were, however, all still beginners, thus Yovan could still beat them to a pulp, 'God this feels good.' He mused in his mind. It was really great to see others being in a shitty state like him.

While he appreciated their support in trying to make him feel better about himself, that wasn't really the reason any of this is happening... He was pushing himself the most.

If we were to elevate a bit higher into the sky and look at this specific Island, what we would see is a black Island, all due to the numerous black feathers spread out throughout the Island.

Three months of torture was enough for Yovan to produce that amount, all for the future.

However, he can not control them all. He can sense each and every one of them though. It's a natural instinct gained by his continuous progress in mastering his Devil Fruit to the point he doesn't need to transform anymore.

He was in his human form at the moment, but there was something different about him, vast dark wings on his back, flapping from time to time to produce even more feathers.

There were many feathers moving about that it would cause a headache to anyone trying to keep up, All the feathers moved with immaculate coordination to form shields, hands, and so on.

And it was only possible because Yovan had awakened Kenbunshoku Haki long ago, but he only gained control of it while training on this Island. Indeed, this was helping him train his senses.

Unfortunately, while others were trying to awaken Busoshoku Haki, Yovan couldn't, not in his current state. He could swear though that Busoshoku Haki only required willpower, and he believes his willpower to be monstrous, so it made him question why can't feel it or use it at all.

But it was at least getting better, slowly but surely...

[System: Limitless]

[Name: Yovan Night]

[Age: 23/38]

[Physique: 62(348)/∞]

[Endurance: 689/∞]

[Agility: 78(434)/∞]

[Willpower: 756/∞]

[Mind: 295/∞]

*[Devil Fruit: Kakin Kakin no Mi, Model: Crow: 886/∞]

---[Crow Beast Form: The transformation into a small dark crow with crimson ominous eyes, extremely fast and can blend in the darkness.]

-----[Feathers Of Desperation: The ability to create, shape, control and otherwise manipulate feathers.]

*[Haki: A mysterious power that allows the user to utilize their own spiritual energy for various purposes.]

---[Kenbunshoku Haki (Presence): 240/∞]

*[Martial Arts]

---[Kiryu Hasshoken: The use of force and mind to Produce shockwaves: 86/∞]

[Countdown]

Looking at Limitless made Yovan wonder. Can he not awaken the other type of Haki? Haoshoku Haki.

It's a rare form of Haki that allows the user to exert their own willpower over others. This type of Haki, however, cannot be attained through training and only one in several million people are born with this ability.

It is said that whoever possesses this type of Haki has the qualities of a king, so it did make a little bit of sense, 'I don't have nor the qualities of a king or the ambitions of one. My nature is too wild for such a thing.'

However, he believes that Limitless can somehow break that limit because it's supposed to be limitless.

Speaking of Limitless, Yovan achieved something that isn't supposed to happen. His Kiru Hasshoken was rising despite being a skill only possible for those with Busoshoku Haku to the point...

"Hmm?" Yovan eyed Bege as he noticed Laffitte going inside of him, vanishing into his body before Bege yelled out loud, "Big Father!"

He transformed into his fortress form, dwarfing everything around him. The castle's mouth opened a second later, allowing very odd sounds to come out.

It seems like the sounds were traveling very slowly, its source being Laffitte who was pretty much performing an opera in the castle.

He was floating with the castle, his white wings flapping at a certain rhythm along with his screams to produce a very odd phenomenon.

"This is new," Yovan murmured with a smile, seeming proud as he saw the sound literally disintegrating all the feathers in their way, seemingly ignoring their defenses.

That's kind of a weakness of his feathers, they're a bit too fragile. If many are assembled together, they can prove to be a worthy shield, but otherwise, they simply weren't strong enough.

So Yovan of course had to show them his strongest technique as his wings flapped, and at the same time, he released a heavy burst of feathers that sent him flying into the sky in a blur.

They simply couldn't even detect him until he appeared on Seizon No Honō, landing lightly... His newest technique was very high in the book of tactical retreats.

"Your bath is already prepared." Oddly enough, Yovan found Kalifa waiting for him, directly informing him about the usual... She kind of became his assistant, quickly taking that role, to get information out of him of course.

"Thanks," Yovan said before catching the bottle of fruit juice she threw at him, "Thanks again."

"I'd feel better about your words if you didn't look like such a pervert," Kalifa wasn't having it, like always, "I feel sexually harassed just looking at you."

She seems to be having fun saying such venomous words because, "Yeah, I do look terrible, don't I? I'd honestly feel like I'm sexually harassing you if you aren't so ug... Nothing." Yovan fired back.

"At least I'm not on my deathbed!" Kalifa also fired back.

"At least I only look like this because I'm on my deathbed. I know someone who looks... Nothing." Yovan shrugged before making his way to take a bath.

"Hey! I'm gorgeous!" Kalifa took a deep breath calming herself down. They were just bickering, but his every word get on her nerve every time, 'It's okay Kalifa. None of this matters, so stay calm. Just do your job correctly and get the information you were tasked with getting.'

Things have been very peaceful over the last three months. No bounty hunters followed after them nor did any Marines look for them even after they killed a king.

Now that might be because Wapol is that useless and inconsequential, but Yovan likes to think that his plans are going just as planned... The CP9 was protecting him to get the blueprints among other things.

38