Chapter 51: Antarisa II
763 1 37
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Make sure to check my Patre.on out if you want to support me and want to read advanced chapters: Patre.on.com/VQuintessence
[37 Chapters in Advance on Patre.on]

.................

Chapter 51: Antarisa II

................. 

It was a beautiful performance that very much entertained the crowd that include more than just Yovan's crew... Someone or something joined the show.

Something was spying on them from the gaps in the Ice-covered trees. Well, there were more things than one.

Yovan, however, continued the painting even as one of the gorgeous animals around started approaching him. He even started including it in the painting.

Slowly approaching was a lovely white panther, but as with all things in the Animal Kingdom, it wasn't a normal panther.

Its smooth fur was completely white. Its eyes were golden, and it had antlers, massive golden antlers, branching out significantly above its head.

The panther slowly made its way to the crew, not out of fear or hesitation. Its steps seemed natural, and its eyes were loaded with curiosity.

The panther stood before Yovan as the latter continued to paint. It seemed to be harmless, so they mostly ignored it.

But the panther didn't as it orbited around the crew before taking a small place right beside Yovan, curiously eyeing the painting.

It seemingly frowned as the painting started taking shape because it saw itself in it. In the very center of the painting, Yovan drew the panther, its exact image when it was approaching them.

Yovan's focus on painting didn't stop him from reacting to the pointy golden antlers trying to pierce not only him but also the painting.

The panther was surprised to see Yovan along with the painting pulled out of his reach by chains of feathers, but its sneaky cunning attack didn't stop there as it kicked the ground to jump after him.

The Antler Panther was fairly big, bigger than most panthers they came across, and it was certainly special, made evident by jumping more than ten meters, seemingly flying after him.

But Yovan moved in the air as if he had telekinesis without his wings flapping a single time. 

He flexibly moved along a burst of feathers only to find a cloud of feathers waiting for him to watch the panther falling to the ground.

"Quite the cunning thing, huh?" Bege noted.

"Let me take care of it." Yovan landed on the ground, and he strangely seemed to be able to walk much to the surprise of even his crew.

He slowly walked toward the wary panther, his goal was to use it as a test subject for something he came up with only possible because of Observation Haki.

The panther was extremely fast, so it fit his criteria quite well, and it looks cool. With a tap on the ground, the panther lunged at Yovan.

Again, like telekinesis, Yovan elevated horizontally as the panther's antlers passed beneath him, barely scratching his clothes.

That's when what was happening became obvious, "Is he using his feathers to control himself?" Laffitte wondered.

"Perhaps they're under his clothes." Bege agreed.

His way of movement was very mechanical, but similarly, perfect to evade every attack of the Panther. 

It almost seemed like a dance to the group as Yovan even gave the panther pointers, "Too rigid, and why are you only using your antlers? Are you okay? Use your claws, and your fangs."

The panther strangely understood his words because it started to do just that, becoming much more flexible the more time passed but so did Yovan.

His fighting style changed as this time he focused on deflecting the panther's attacks. 

Every claw was met with a burst of feathers that changed its direction. All Yovan had to do was to list either of his legs to meet up with its antlers, and then he moves them sideways and thus a deflection.

Normally, that would pierce through his legs with ease considering his weak physique.

But the panther could clearly feel something slipping out of Yovan's legs to clutch to the antlers and moved them to the side, and it happened constantly.

Until finally, the panther could no longer move as Yovan had its fill. Yovan was standing before it with one leg raised, and from it extended antlers, ones of feathers.

The feather antlers worked perfectly to completely lock the panther's antlers, making it unable to move, "Settle down now."

It was an interesting scenery because despite Yovan reaching just about 210 cm in height by this point, the panther was even taller than that while standing on its four legs, so one can assume just how massive it was from that.

"No?" Yovan arched his brows at the growling panther before letting it go, following up with a kick of feathers to its face and putting it to the ground. 

"If you try to move, I'll break your antlers." Yovan threatened and watched the panther's reaction... It understood his words and calmed down.

His painting then flew towards him along with all of his tools. He took a seat but didn't continue painting. Instead, he just stared at it while musing the perfect way to finish it.

There was a large part of the painting still unfinished, but at the least the panther was very clear, so Yovan picked up his brush and painted the vacant part red, seeming like a lake of blood extending from the panther's claw.

"You Done? Can we burn it now?" Laffitte finally let out the words no one was thinking.

"Huh? You mean hug it?" Kaku questioned.

"I think we should take it as a pet. It's not too bad." Kalifa advised.

"Laffitte, let's do some scavenging," Bege said as he eyed the underground expanse's glowing roof.

That did it for Laffitte as without hesitation, he picked up Bege by the neck and flew him to the roof.

"Hm, what do you think?" Yovan crouched before the Panther and asked, only to receive a negative gesture, the panther shaking its massive head.

"I heard your wishes. So anyway, I kind of need a pet, so your mine now. You're female, no? Let's see, Let me think of a name... Antarisa?" Yovan nodded at his phenomenal naming sense before lightly patting the speechless Antarisa.

Without waiting for a response, Yovan sat on its back and yelled like a kid finding a new toy, "Forward we go!"

Antarisa stood up, its golden eyes shining with a vengeance as it eyed Kalifa and Kaku with eyes that clearly said, "Don't you dare come close to me."

Then it started running forward, flexibly moving through the thick frosty woods at its highest speed.

"Pffftt Hahaahhahah!" Kalifa simply couldn't hold back her cute laugh, "Such a weirdo."

"Yeah..." Kaku glanced at her strangely before jumping in a completely different direction, "I'm gonna get myself another Antarisa because she's the fucking best beast ever!!"

Antarisa ran 'forward' for a while Yovan was just chilling, unconcerned about the destination. He noted a lot of odd beasts eyeing them from afar, but they all seemed afraid of her.

So Antarisa led Yovan to the only creature she fears. She purposefully ran towards a river at the very center of the expanse.

The river led downstream, leading even deeper but they didn't have to move at all because whatever lies in the depths showed itself at their presence.

From the depths rose a head, just a head, but it was so massive that its sheer presence shook the entire expanse, threatening to bring it all down.

The head was dark blue. It was a spherical head with hard spiny shells. It seemed like a sea urchin though a bit special as all Sea Kings are. 

In fact, this was the largest Sea King Yovan had come across so far, and its spiny shells make it even more dangerous.

"That looks so juicy," Yovan noted with a smile before glancing at Antarisa, "Could it be that you're hungry? I'm too."

Antarisa felt a chill travel through its spine as if its life is at stake. Yovan laughed as if he was merely joking, bringing her some relief, "Don't worry, I won't eat you... Though I wonder if using your antlers as decorations are worth it." Then chills again.

The Urchin King's moveset was very advanced. Appear. Hit the food with your head. Repeat. Dead. In this case, the enemy was supposed to be dead.

37