Chapter 54: The Will To Survive II
760 4 37
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Make sure to check my Patre.on out if you want to support me and want to read advanced chapters: Patre.on.com/VQuintessence
[37 Chapters in Advance on Patre.on]

.................

Chapter 54: The Will To Survive II

................. 

"But we'll survive, like always." Yovan shrugged as he side-stepped to the side, evading an arrow that would've certainly nailed his shoulder.

He turned around to see a Ship very far away, making him surprised the arrow could reach him from there.

He glanced at the arrow that took residence on the main deck of the ship. It was able to lodge itself in the ship, an incredible feat considering it's made of Adam wood.

An inky matter slowly fading away from the arrow made it clear how that's possible, Armament Haki.

"Huh? Well, Antarisa, get your lazy ass up, and let's do some warm-up!" Yovan yelled before jumping on her back. She was very lazy, avoiding standing up except for food.

She groggily stood up and jumped away from the ship onto a platform of feathers, and then another traveling towards the ship.

Even her movement was a bit lazy, completely ignoring the arrows coming their way. 

Yovan took the lead in deflecting the arrows with feather shields. All he needs is to deflect them instead of shielding against them because Yovan knows the latter isn't an option with their power.

The first arrow seemed to be a warning shot, but the others were going for the throat, and the barrage of arrows only stopped once he reached the ship as Antarisa landed on it before lying down lazily.

"Hmm, Antarisa, you're seriously triggering me, so for my mental sanity, you'll have to do a bit of training every day, alright?" Yovan stated while scratching his head.

Almost instantly, Antarisa stood up with a chill running down her spine, leading her to start meowing like a cat while caressing her head against him, being sure not to inconvenience him with her antlers.

"Acting all adorable now, huh?" Yovan shook his head ignoring her. He values hard work more than anything. It's basically been his life for a long time now, so laziness was annoying him a lot.

"Hey, Yovan Night, nice to meet you." Finally, he turned his attention to the individuals on the ship and introduced himself with a light bow.

Tracing his eyes around the ship made it clear that only women were on it, and most of them weren't hiding much of their bodies, attired in minimal clothing.

The Ship was relatively big, and most interesting of all is how it moves in the Calm Belt, two Sea Serpents. Two beasts were tied to the front, where they steer the ship.

Each and every person on the Ship had literally snakes in their hands, forming into bows which they were aiming at Yovan.

"Is that a man?"

"A man?"

"Sounds like a man?"

"What does a man sound like?"

"Silence!!" Who seemed to be the leader of the group yelled with a deep frown. She was an average-sized lady who has jet-black hair parted on one side with an earring on each ear.

She was wearing an overcoat, similar to a Marine. Black stockings with straps that reach her matching color panties. Her top is a small orange flowered tank top that seems almost too small for her size.

Like the rest of the crew, her clothing was very minimal, but her words were very authoritative, "What brought you here?"

"Who are you?" Instead of answering, Yovan asked, 'They look very familiar... No, something about them is familiar?'

"What brought you here?" She asked again with impatience.

"Are you mental?" Yovan questioned with confusion.

"What brought you here??!!" She asked, seemingly on the verge of losing it.

"Are you braindead? That was a rhetorical question by the way because if shooting an arrow at me before asking me why am here tells me anything... Braindead." Yovan responded while lightly patting Antarisa.

"Kill!!" The lady ordered. She wanted to be a bit diplomatic at first because he seems very dangerous, but he forced her to do this.

Just as they released their arrows, sending a flurry of Haki-reinforced arrows, the wood below Yovan broke and he fell through it along with Antarisa, or he flew down because only something above normal falling speed would allow him to avoid the oncoming arrows.

The ladies were extremely fast as they ran after Yovan, jumping about to evade any trap he might prepare down there. They had seen his feathers after all.

However, what didn't expect was the entire ship starting to elevate higher and higher, "Hang on!" The lady ordered.

The snakes tied to the ship were panicking, and even looking about to attack Yovan, but there was not even a shadow of him.

In fact, they all had Observation Haki, yet they couldn't sense him at all. That was something Yovan discovered about his beast form, it seems to be capable of being completely silent and invisible from Observation Haki.

Unfortunately, that doesn't seem to apply to his hybrid form also. Curiously enough, they couldn't even find Antarisa.

Whatever it was, Yovan remained completely invisible, continuing to lift the Ship into the sky. The ladies could only hang on while some could flexibly move about, searching for him.

Until finally he spoke, "Who are you? Why did you attack me? If you don't answer, I will let go."

"You'll absolutely regret this!!!" 

"Just wait until our princess hears of this!"

"Wait wait waiiiiiit!"

Yovan let the ship go, and he absolutely had no interest in paying any more attention to it.

So he flew back to his ship, and the moment he landed, Kaku asked, "Where is Antarisa?"

"Hm?" Yovan eyed the sky, slowly but surely, the crew could see a dot slowly enlarging until what it is became clear, a panicking Antarisa in a free fall.

The closer she got to the ship, the more panicked she seemed to the point Kaku couldn't help but asked, "Just what are you doing? Surely you won't let her fall... Right?"

"Nah, just giving her a little trauma, some motivation." Yovan shrugged, and indeed, a flurry of feathers enveloped Antarisa, allowing her to safely land on the ship.

She was shaking, looking at Yovan with tears in her eyes, ones of grievance.

"You mad? Be better." Yovan then turned around, heading into the Captain's quarter, "By the way, those people... I don't know who they are? So change our route to avoid trouble."

"Color me surprised," Kalifa shook her head with a facepalm.

"Should I actually change our route?" Laffitte wondered, "Wouldn't it be fun to make trouble?"

"Their first shot seemed more like a warning shot, so it's safe to assume this is their territory. I can't imagine someone living here being weak, so better evade them until we have more information." Bege denied the psychopath in Laffitte as he shook his head.

Yovan, on the other hand, went into his room and lied on his bed, a frown emerging on his face, 'Who will be there? How can I survive? Most optimal way to go about it? I have to control the circumstances of my misfortune... How?'

Every single night, Yovan goes about the same contemplation, all related to his future. He had already started preparing for his misfortune since long ago to achieve many things.

However, he wasn't certain. He felt like he was missing something. Misfortune is also his greatest enemy, so it will surely overwhelm his purpose.

Such an example would be the fact that he was wanted only Alive. That wasn't something he expected, so it ruined a lot of his plans.

Perhaps it has to do with the fact that he acquired a 500 Million Beli bounty before even reaching the New World, or perhaps it has something to do with the CP9.

Yovan took a deep breath as he flared his dark wings out, giving a burst to a bunch of feathers. About three dozen feathers flew to his hand, three settling between each finger.

All it required was a touch, "Kiryu Hasshoken!" And not only did all the feathers start vibrating, but even his body started lightly vibrating.

Slowly but surely, the vibration got more intense until a small shockwave domain formed around him, affecting even the air.

[Kiryu Hasshoken: The use of force and mind to Produce shockwaves: 350/∞]

Yovan didn't stop there. He continued to brute force it like he always does. Hasshoken isn't supposed to work like this. Individuals without Armament Haki aren't supposed to be able to use it.

However, Limitless allowed Yovan to breach such limits in a way that made no sense, so Yovan being Yovan, he started torturing himself with it.

Kiryu Hasshoken, specifically the way he is using it now puts an immense load on his already weak body. It requires an incredibly strong body, something he doesn't have at the moment.

But well, it not only increases his mastery over Kiryu Hasshoken but also increases his endurance.

Yet Despite his endurance surpassing 800 hundred since long ago, it still didn't look like it was doing anything because Yovan didn't allow it to. 

He was so hellbent on always exhausting himself. An increase in his endurance only means an increase in the intensity of his torture... The Will To Survive.

37