Chapter 56: My Rising Ego I
748 1 36
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Make sure to check my Patre.on out if you want to support me and want to read advanced chapters: Patre.on.com/VQuintessence
[40 Chapters in Advance on Patre.on]

.................

Chapter 56: My Rising Ego I

................. 

"Just what does that obsessive freak want from you??" Kalifa questioned with annoyance.

"Weirdos gotta do what weirdos gotta do, but I absolutely have no idea what's on her mind." Yovan shrugged, seated on Antarisa who was lying on the crow's head.

The figurehead was colossal enough to accommodate the big beast that is Antarisa.

"Just ignore her and certainly don't look at her," Yovan said though he really didn't need to say anything considering he was obstructing the crew's view from the ship following after them.

He pretty much got a general idea of how Hancock's powers work. He wasn't sure, but it doesn't hurt to be careful, so he didn't allow anyone in his crew to look at her.

Seizon No Hono just sailed away aimlessly, but wherever they go, the Pink Ship follows after them. They were at least making distance because even at its normal speed, the ship was still very fast.

[Observation Haki (Presence, Strength, Intent): 520/∞]

Yovan moved his head to the side, avoiding a pink heart that went on to cause waves in the calm waters of the Calm Belt.

The pink heart seemed to be very dangerous. In fact, with his level in Observation Haki, he could to a certain extent sense the power of attacks, and the heart was certainly hardened with Armament Haki.

He turned his head to look at the Pink Ship only to see a figure lightly falling back onto it, Boa Hancock.

"So freaking annoying," Yovan shook his head. He somehow gained a stalker accidentally. Even more annoying is the fact that she's trying to destroy the Ship with her heart beams.

The only solace was that she didn't seem to be capable of using Geppo, then again, only a few individuals across the world are capable of using it.

So she at least shouldn't be able to jump onto the ship, and in case she tried something similar, the Crew was ready to activate Fire Burst.

He really didn't want any trouble. He's been a good boy for a long time, and he'd like to stay that way. Sure, he's been a bit of a bad boy before entering the Calm Belt, but his memory is bad, so it's all forgotten.

Yovan released a burst of feathers, only a few feathers, but they were different. They seemed more like arrows than feathers, much larger than his usual feathers.

The Arrow feathers elevated higher and higher, lining up with the Pink Ship, "You're the most annoying painting I've ever met, please leave me alone."

He really couldn't believe he was escaping from a painting, but he was forced to a wall as while her interference didn't stop his usual self-torture, it did halt most of his crew's training.

And well, he felt bad because they weren't getting tortur... Working hard like him.

A flurry of arrows vanished from Yovan's side as he did his best to fire them with as much power and speed as possible.

Directly after, he constructed a colossal arrow, this one made of numerous feathers. This one was sent to the sky, taking a long way to the Pink Ship.

"Hmph! Feathers? Kneel before me! Slave Arrows!!" Hancock breathed in deeply and kissed out a heart. She then pulled the heart back with a hand and, with a pop like that of a bubble, hundreds of arrows, all of them tipped and fletched with a stylized heart design were fired.

The sheer number and accuracy of arrows unleashed allowed them to collide with all the feather arrows, purifying them in place. 

The technique not only petrified all the arrows it hit but somehow managed to freeze them in place, midair. Their motion was simply negated, but they remained floating in the air.

Hancock eyed the colossal feather falling from the sky towards her Ship and did the same thing. Only this time, she sent a flurry of Slave arrows toward the sky while the others were sent below her Ship.

"Your petty tricks will certainly not work on me for I am Beautiful!!" Hancock declared with a victorious smile.

Her Observation Haki was too advanced to the point she could sense a flurry of feathers coming towards the Ship from beneath the ocean.

The colossal arrow was but a distraction from the real threat which was targetting her Ship.

Hancock lightly tapped on the ground, leaping onto one of the frozen arrows, getting closer to Seizon No Hono before, "This will end in either of two ways. You, Dead. You, Kneeling... Petrified and Dead!"

So she sent a cute kiss to the frowning Yovan, "I will let you see the consequence of offending this Empress!! Slave Arrows!" 

Her kiss gave birth to a pink heart that she pulled like an arrow, releasing a barrage of arrows at Seizon No Hono.

Normally, such an attack would be extremely dangerous. Almost impossible to defend against, especially in the ocean.

Imagine one Slave Arrow turning your entire ship into a stone. It will drown, and in a place like the Calm Belt where Sea Kings nest, that most often than not means Death! 

Yovan closed his eyes in deep focus, numerous feathers working at the same time to stand in the Arrows' ways.

Just a single feather for every arrow, and that was enough because the way her arrows function is that they instantly take effect when they collide with something, thus vanishing.

He doesn't need any immense defensive capabilities to stop them. In fact, Yovan found himself to be her counter. Nothing she does works on him. It all seemed like child's play.

But the same could be said for him. He will certainly not come close to her because that might mean certain death. His experience with Don Chinjao told him as much.

"Feathers Of Desperation- Kiryu Hasshoken!" Yovan said loudly as he held about ten Feather Arrows in his hand. Almost instantly, it started shaking until the point the air around him formed into a small storm.

He released the Arrows as they left a sound bomb behind, traveling not to Hancock, but around her.

They kept bouncing around Hancock as the latter remained unwary in her place, seemingly not worried at all despite their speed.

The only reason Yovan was capable of controlling them to that extent was because of his Observation Haki. 

The feathers were extremely fast, looking like a blur even to Hancock, but they could still be faster because Yovan felt his control over them grow as he got stronger mostly in Mind and Mastery.

Yet despite that, Hancock was easily able to evade them all just with a few perfect exquisite movements that made her Kuja crew cheer her on, seeming spellbound.

She has that effect on people. Just looking at her could spell their death which is why Yovan made sure to hide her form from his crew, masking it with a veil of feathers.

'Pull!' Yovan formed his hand into a punch, squeezing it as every single vibrating arrow made its way toward her from all directions.

Their number amounted to hundreds as Yovan continued to make more, yet all Hancock had to do was, "Hearts of love!"

She spread her hands as if basking the world in her presence. Her form was graceful, gorgeous, and all that is in between.

Her smile was captivating, one of absolute confidence, causing nearly all of her crew to simply pass out.

Hell!! Even the World fell in love with her as pink hearts spurted from her hands, surrounding her entirely. 

Each and every arrow that collided with the hearts not only turned into stone but also crumbled to dust thereafter.

"This Empress will always have her way for... For I am beautiful! So kneel before me now, and make it end. Not even the end of the world would save you from crumbling to dust in the presence of my absolute beauty!"

She held a grudge, and she will have her way one way or another. The fact that her beauty didn't as much as make him flinch made her feel a certain way, so he has to suffer for it.

At this point, it wasn't even about what he did to her crew, it was all about her. She was merely trying to prove a point, and she expects the world to accommodate her wishes like always.

"Honestly, your every move births inspiration within me. I want to draw you, but... Go on. I will find you when I'm done." Yovan stated to his crew as he stood up and started walking away from the ship on a carpet of feathers.

His crew absolutely didn't give a fuck, or at least they didn't seem like they did as they were very spread out, participating in the act of laziness allowed by Hancock's actions.

He will always survive. That's what he always tells them. So he walked closer and closer to Hancock as Seizon No Hono sailed into the horizon.

"I'm very well-behaved and calm, usually. I don't like trouble, and all the trouble that surrounds me is through no fault of my own, but I will misbehave today until you leave me alone."

Yovan threw his coat to the side, making sure it was safe in the embrace of his feathers. It's Laffitte's gift to him after all.

He even took off his mask and threw it to the side, giving Hancock a view of his not-so-handsome face, not with his current state at least.

"I'll allow you to bask in my graceful beauty, one similar to that of your own, so be prepared to faint from..."

36