Chapter 60: It’s Not Torture, I Swear! I
761 2 34
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Make sure to check my Patre.on out if you want to support me and want to read advanced chapters: Patre.on.com/VQuintessence
[40 Chapters in Advance on Patre.on]

.................

Chapter 60: It's Not Torture, I Swear! I

................. 

Yovan walked out of his quarter to the deck with a yawn, "Good morning."

He had taken a bath, cleaned himself thoroughly, and taken a nap. Finally, he wore his usual clothes again, including his cape and mask.

He arched his brows, sensing a weird atmosphere around, his crew seeming to be on guard.

"Finally here!!? Let me go!! I will kill you, is swear!"

Yovan eyed the source of the sound, tied to the main mast, and hidden behind a cover was none other than Hancock.

Yovan released another yawn as he walked towards her, going beyond the cover to come across the view of a naked Hancock.

"What's wrong, baaa?" Yovan wondered.

"Huh?" Hancock was absolutely speechless at his audacity as he opened his notebook and looked through it.

"Ah, right! I see. I remember that, just needed to double-check." Yovan nodded repeatedly at himself.

He left her naked so she doesn't try to escape because that would mean... Well, being seen naked by everyone. She especially didn't want the Slave Mark to be seen by anyone else.

"Anyone. Let's work out a deal," Yovan crouched before her, his expression becoming serious, "I'll allow you to take a bath and clean yourself up, even wear clothes."

"I will not sleep with you, you pervert!!" Hancock screamed at him before he could finish, drawing a weird look out of him as he looked her up and down.

"No offense, but you look like shit right now." Yovan pointed out, "Your chest, Aghh... Ahem, that was a bit rude, but anyway, I have no interest in you."

He wasn't even sure if his dick even works at this point with his current state. Like, blood is always having difficulty moving through his body with how skinny and dry he is.

But he hopes it could regain its optimal form someday, perhaps if he recovers. Surely, it will recover.

"All I want from you is to mentally train my crew by releasing your Haki on them, the way you did against me. I want you to try to break their minds, and do your best until I say otherwise." Yovan made his offer.

Like any relatively normal person would react, Hancock was utterly confused, "Huh? Break their minds?"

"Not literally. Like, I don't want them to be tortured of course... Not that much anyway, but you know. They're kind of lazy, and I want them to work hard." Yovan explained while articulating his words carefully.

He knows his crew is certainly listening, so he didn't want them to be too scared. It's not like he wants them tortured to make himself feel better, he just wants them to be better.

"That's it?" Hancock asked, seeming uncertain.

"Of course not. You'll have to continuously do so for a month before I let you go. If you try to escape or break out the deal in any way, I'll kill your people." Nothing was that easy, not with someone like her.

Hancock frowned, expecting something like that, "Did you hurt them after our confrontation?"

"No, I just left. They're probably looking for you now." Yovan shrugged, answering honestly.

She narrowed her eyes at him, trying to detect any trace of deceit in his eyes, but in the end, she wasn't sure. She could only have hopes, but there was something even more important on her mind.

"What about the thing you saw?" She tried being as discreet as possible, knowing that his crew are listening.

"Hm?" Yovan eyed her with confusion before opening his notebook and looking through it much to her utter dismay, "Ah, thanks for refreshing my memory. I will probably forget about it in a few hours, so no worries. Also, don't care. Don't want to hear about it again, alright?"

Hancock remained speechless even as she was guided into the bath under a cover of feathers. She wasn't sure what was happening or if anything makes sense anymore.

She wore the clothes he prepared for her, some baggy clothes that she absolutely hated but had no choice but to wear. 

Complemented with a wooden mask allowed her to basically walk among the crew, well, stumble her steps considering her injuries were still fresh, and Yovan forgot about them, letting her be in the same state. 

So his crew found themselves confused as before them stood a tall lady who was hiding most of her features.

Yovan was seated alone on the crow's head, having a hefty meal out of deep hunger, completely ignoring her, so in theory, she can just take off the mask, and turn them all to stones with her beauty. 

However, he told her a few words right before this, "You know, Kids are afraid of thunders and idiots are afraid of threats. 

There is a world out there where you broke our deal, and turned my crew to stone to threaten me with them. In that world. My crew died. You died. Your people died. Everyone you know died. I survived, like always..."

If she wasn't already fearful of him, then she was now despite being the Pirate Empress. The Snake Princess. The most beautiful woman in the world.

Everything else was thrown to the side as she found a similarity with Yovan, she wanted to make his crew suffer so she feels better about herself, "I will be gentle. So... Conqueror Haki!!!"

"AGHHHHH!"

"AHhhhhH!"

"..."

Without any warning, she released it with full force almost instantly bringing both Kalifa and Laffitte to the ground, both passed out.

Bege and Kaku both were brought to their knees, their faces wincing with pain as they held their heads, clutching to their consciousness.

Don Chinjao used Conqueror Haki against them, but it was nothing like this. Hancock's conqueror Haki was on a whole other level despite her relatively young age.

And she didn't stop despite two of them already passing out because Yovan said something. In fact, he was trying to hold back his laugh very much.

"Yahahahahahaha." What finally broke him was side-glancing at Antarisa who seemed to be sleeping. Only, in reality, she was long gone.

"Winners embrace hard work. They love the discipline of it, the trade-off they're making to win. Losers, on the other hand, see it as punishment. And that's the difference between you all and me."

Yovan, however, frowned as he contemplated his past, "Wait, did I ever lose? I don't remember, so I must the greatest winner of all time. My point still stands."

He was very happy with that conclusion, especially as he pointed out, "Your Conqueror Haki makes me wanna laugh. I feel like it's tickling my mind, Yehehehe..."

Veins were popping on her forehead, almost throwing her mask away with how worked up his occasional comments made her.

"What are you doing in the Calm Belt?" The most important question of all. The reason why any of this had to happen.

"The Marines were on my back. Everyone in Paradise hates me for some reason. Well, I guess not everyone. The people of Drum Island don't hate me... I was unconscious then, no? I should visit the Island again."

Like always, he goes on rambling to himself, and all Hancock could feel was a tad bit of sorriness for Drum Island's people. Her words made him open his notebook after all.

"Why do you live in the Calm Belt?" Yovan asked in return.

"Safety." Hancock wasn't willing to say more, but Yovan was.

"Oh, is it because you're weak?" Yovan wondered.

"I'm not weak!! You're just a monster!" Hancock stressed.

"Said the mouse to the cat before getting eaten anyway." Yovan shrugged, "Just work harder."

And to be fair to him, he was working very hard even now, messing around with Kiryu Hasshoken.

He was also wondering why he had yet to awaken Armament Haki. He thought he would be able to use it by now considering that it should be related to willpower and mind.

It's supposed to be the use of spiritual energy for various purposes. With his level, he should be able to use it, especially as limitless allowed him to smoothly rise in power.

"Yahahahahahaha!" Soon, a burst of laughter resounded throughout Seizon No Hono much to Hancock's confusion.

Yovan was laughing by himself while whispering some incoherent words. She declared it there and then, he's definitely insane.

He was, however, laughing because he was even more certain of a theory of his. If it was true, then the fact that he's alive is a miracle.

34