Chapter 62: Set In Motion I
734 1 36
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Make sure to check my Patre.on out if you want to support me and want to read advanced chapters: Patre.on.com/VQuintessence
[40 Chapters in Advance on Patre.on]

.................

Chapter 62: Set In Motion I

................. 

"Did it did!! He psuuuued and fall and thewn out!!"

"The fuck are you saying?"

"I... He psedw pee... Yeah?"

"Yeah? You drunk, no?"

"No! Me Do no drink! Listen listen! Fall on psedw pee!! After, yeah, threwn out to the.... to the... to *Burp* me no drink I swear!"

"I believe you, so thrown where?"

"Pubic toilet!!"

"Pubic? Pubes? Ah, public!!?"

"Yeah kahkhakhakh!"

"Bwahahahaha! That actually happened!?"

"..."

The place seemed to be quite prosperous. In fact, more prosperous than any other area on Island. It was the Island's dock. 

Hundreds of people singing, moving about, celebrating, or having small fights was a common occurrence on this Island, treating the dock as a bar until they're dead drunk, usually by dawn.

It was, however, morning, so the area was mostly silent as everyone started waking up, still mostly drunk, and usually, nothing would thoroughly wake them up.

There were many ships throughout the dock and even around it, dozens of ships, making it clear that the inhabitants of this Island are very fond of Ships.

And it was for a good reason because this Island is Jaya, a spring island in Paradise, known as a lawless zone popular with pirates.

The Island was mostly ruled by The Saruyama Alliance, a Pirate Alliance that was formed between three pirate captains.

Their Ships were the biggest on the Island, yet imagine the pirates' surprise when they saw a Bahamut approaching on the horizon.

"Khakahakhakha! Maybee me drunk?"

"Maybe me drunk too?"

"Huh?"

"..."

"Who the fuck is that???!!!"

"What's happening!???"

Confusion overwhelmed the dock, the place only getting more chaotic as more and more pirates woke up.

Their first assumption was that some grand pirate crew was attacking the Island, so they weren't sure what they would do, or how they would escape because approaching the Island was a Ship.

The Ship was extremely fast, reaching Jaya in almost no time, making its appearance clear, a dark ship with golden linings so massive it dwarfed the dock.

Very few docks could allow such a ship inside. Not every dock is the same as that of Water 7 that allowed such a Bahamut to exit.

At the very head of the Ship was a figurehead in the shape of a crow head, and on it was a colossal white panther with brilliant golden antlers, relaxing lazily on it.

The pirates could only look up in horror as the Ship approached a little too close, threatening to destroy the entirety of the dock, but it stopped.

"Yahooooo!! I missed land so much!! I want to jump and jump and jump and jump and jump!!!" And he did, Kaku jumped out of Seizon No Hono and started jumping from ship to ship like a bird flying about.

He spread his metaphorical wings and started jumping some incredible distances, seemingly very happy. He missed jumping through the roofs of Water 7.

"Kaku!!! Come back!!" He almost stumbled his jump hearing the incredibly loud voice that went on to reverberate through the dock.

He obediently went back. Yovan is kind of scary when it comes to punishing people with a lot of tortu... Hard Work.

"Are you not a Shipwright first and foremost?" Yovan asked with a gentle smile, "And what does a Shipwrightdo?"

"Build and take care of Ships?" Kaku answered with a bit of confusion. He loves Seizon No Hono, liking just lying on its gorgeous form and observing its beauty, but it rarely needs repair if any at all.

The price of Adam Wood was well worth it because only such a Ship would stand the wildness of Yovan and his crew.

"I want you to do something. If for some unknown reason our Ship started falling down from the sky, very high in the sky with something accelerating its speed... Can it survive the fall?" Yovan asked.

"No?" Kaku frowned, his face twitching as he imagined the beauty that is Seizon No Hono going through such torture... 'Wait, don't tell me that he wants to torture the Ship also?????'

The look of horror emerging on Kaku's face drew a smile on Yovan's, "It will happen one way or another. It's your job to make it so it survives the fall. Think of a way. I'll the Ship in your hands in the meantime."

The rest of the Strangers then jumped out of the Ship, leaving Kaku alone... Strangely, an excited smile emerged on his face, and a genuine sense of excitement overwhelmed his heart. 

He can finally show all the hard work that he put into the Art of Shipwright. Despite it being just a mission given to him by his boss in CP9, he fell in love with the Art... "I'll make it happen... Captain!"

"Just what are we doing here?" Kalifa asked as they walked among the terrified pirates, nervousness apparent in her tone. Yovan was acting too weirdly lately, and she didn't like it.

Most important of all, she was confused about a lot of things, including the thing he called a test. What will it be?

"To make a deal of sorts. It's very complicated, so I'd rather not bother your brain." Yovan shrugged.

"I want my brain to be bothered." Kalifa insisted.

"Honestly, sometimes I feel my brain itching. It's very annoying. It even makes me wanna dig into my brain, but it can be solved when digging into other people's brains." Laffitte kindly advised.

"I agree with him for once." Bege nodded.

This was a first. She felt like everyone was against her, like she was an outsider despite the Stangers being to a certain extent outsiders.

She felt like she was the only one not trusting Yovan, and she didn't like it despite her job description being that she should get close to Yovan for the sake of the blueprints of Pluton... She was confused.

Yovan opened his notebook as he walked, just refreshing his memory. He definitely didn't forget what he was here for, 'Oh, I see. That actually makes a lot of sense.'

His steps led him to a certain bar in the town, Mock Town, the only urban area in the whole of Jaya. 

Its resort-like appearance might blind someone from the fact that it is considered a lawless town where all sorts of pirates gather, away from the Marines or the World Government's reach.

Yovan stood before the bar, and yelled, "Yovan!" It was a very confusing thing especially as he just stayed there, seemingly waiting for someone.

"The Stranger?" And soon, a middle-aged man approached him, attired in very casual clothes.

Yovan's attire was basically the same as it was long ago with minimal changes. The same appearance as it was in his bounty poster, so he was easily recognized.

Yovan brought out a piece of paper and handed it to the man. On it was a symbol that the man analyzed for a bit before saying, "Wait a minute."

He ran somewhere only to come back with a small box. He handed it to Yovan before running away.

"What's that?" Kalifa wondered with a frown.

"Something I ordered long ago. It took a while to get, quite the rare thing." Den Den Mushis were wonderful creations, creatures very helpful to the world's connectivity, so it allowed him to talk to someone specific, Iceburg, and he helped him acquire this item.

It infinitely annoyed Kalifa how he answers questions without actually answering them, not telling her anything.

"Laffitte... I'll give you a mission. Look around. See things that only you can see. Learn the truth. Find something interesting no matter the method... I especially want you to focus on finding someone..."

And then he whispered a few things in his ears while using his feathers to make sure no one hears them, creating a barrier around them.

He focused mostly on pushing himself while in the Calm Belt, but he also put some work into looking for information, such as reading many books related to the world he bought before entering the Calm belts.

He even managed to acquire some special books through his connection with someone very special, someone who wants to make a deeper connection with him considering what Yovan has to offer.

And now he was ready to collect the fruits of his labor. Yovan turned his attention to Bege, "Go and do the thing. You know, the Don kind of things."

Bege shrugged as he took out a cigar, and started speaking to himself, "Boys, we have work to do." He then started walking away, and the dozens of people inside of him started to prepare right away.

Yovan was left alone with Kalifa as the latter asked, seeming indignant, "Do you not trust me? I want to be your assistant. I want to truly join your crew, but you never allowed me to know more..."

If she was speaking genuinely, or she just wanted to get close to get the blueprints, Yovan wasn't sure, but that didn't matter at all, "Perhaps I do or perhaps I don't. The question is what will you do?"

It was weird. Kalifa saw none of this coming. The way he was behaving almost seemed like he knows who she is, or at least suspects something.

36