Chapter 188: I Against The World VII
251 0 15
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

.................

Chapter 188: I Against The World VII

.................

The late arrival may have been fortunate to most but not to this person as he found death all around, and he trembled as he reached the center of the battlefield, above the wreckage of the Red Line... There was a head, a red-haired head.

Yovan promised none who set foot on the battlefield would be able to leave, and his promise came true... All around, there was only death and despair, and now tears for the fallen.

Yovan gained himself another enemy, although one can say what's another enemy when Yovan right at that moment was facing the entire Marines and the World Government?

He was done with the pirates, and when he made the painting named I Against The World, he meant it, so he turned his attention to the others, or more specifically, his obsession guided him there.

He was guided to the Mary Geoise where he found only those capable from the Marines awaiting him, that and an old friend.

The Marines were more cautious than the pirates, but no amount of preparations would be enough for what was to come, not as Yovan landed right at the center of the battlefield, looking all bloody.

Yovan looked messed up, horrifying to even the strongest of minds, his once golden hair no longer as radiant, soiled by blood, not something of concern to him as he traced his eyes about.

[Irrational Survivor: 85%]

Yovan took a step forward toward the Admirals, all the Admirals. His existence changed a lot of things, and the Marines have never been more united. Fear can bring people together.

There was no need for talk as the battle instantly started, knowing that only one side can survive what they can only call Doomsday.

Yet still, nothing would make what will happen make sense, something so inconceivable it shook them to the core as Kizaru was the first to reach Yovan due to his speed, followed by Akainu.

Yovan stretched his hand, almost gently grasping Kizaru's despite how ridiculous that is, but he did it, and no one saw it coming for they had yet to realize that their observation Haki is distorted.

Yovan, on the other hand, was acting as if he can see the future, grasping Kizaru's hand which was grasping a sword of light, and redirecting it toward a close friend, Akainu.

Things happened so fast that Akainu could barely react as the sword of light started piercing him. Kizaru, however, was able to react as he transformed into specks of lights to escape, canceling out the sword.

So Yovan's hand sought another target, Akainu's hand as he pulled him closer before the latter found himself kneed in the groin... Pain, so much pain.

Still grasping his hand, Yovan swung him around to meet another old friend, a user of a Zoan Devil Fruit, and an awakened one at that.

Even among Devil Fruit, Zoan Devil fruits are quite special as An awakened Zoan is characterized by flaming hair and what appears to be a sash of flaming smoke appearing around the user.

That and awakened Zoans usually lose control of their minds, with the person before him being considered an exceptional case due to averting this... It was none other than Rob Lucci.

It wasn't the first time Yovan would face Lucci. The latter should know, he's been having nightmares about their first confrontation almost every day, and now, he seeks to face the source of his nightmare.

Unfortunately, Lucci didn't know or has yet to realize that the nightmare he faced in the Fall Massacre incident is nothing compared to what shall happen today.

He was in his awakened beast form, so despite being surprised about Yovan's attack, he still nimbly evaded aside before lunging at Yovan again with a slash of his claws.

Attacking Yovan is simply a mistake for the latter would gladly take the hit if it means returning one of his own, and that he did as he received the slash before kicking Lucci away.

Just that slash gave Lucci so much confidence, and it at least made him aware that his speed which is his forte, can rival even Yovan, the subject of his nightmare.

Lucci couldn't help but grin as he prepared to lung at Yovan the moment he touches the ground... The grin vanished as he felt the heat behind him, the melting heat of lava.

"AHHHHHH!!!" Lucci collided with Akainu who has transformed into his Logia form to escape Yovan's grasp, a form consisting of melting lava, a bed of lava which Lucci had the honor of settling in.

If that wasn't enough of a torture, Yovan's wings fluttered as he rose to the sky, barely evading a few gigantic golden punches, his focus still on Akainu as he fell upon him with a small concentrated sun in his hand.

Even the lava couldn't escape the fate of melting, of being evaporated by the sun that can distort even space, and a swing of Yovan's blade basically sealed Akainu's fate... Things happened too fast.

If the Yovan they faced more than a year ago was already a monster like none other, then what was before them? The remaining Admirals were horrified to realize that Yovan got way way stronger.

"Retreat," A calm chilling voice reverberated throughout the battlefield as five individuals appeared surrounding Yovan.

They appeared yet vanished in the next second for they achieved their goal, slicing off all Yovan's limbs, even seeking to decapitate his head, something even they failed to do as Yovan reacted fast enough.

However, they didn't need to do more as Yovan was left there limbless with a strange look on his face, even his wings sliced off.

That was only the start though as the sky opened up, and a familiar scenery took place, Uranus made a move, or specifically, she used her gift against Yovan again.

Thousands of overwhelming beams fell upon Yovan from the sky, encompassing him in an instant.

The beams were so overwhelming that they would even be able to evaporate the Admirals whole, luckily, they retreated as per their orders.

The five individuals who joined the battle watched from afar with tense expressions, apprehension clear on their faces.

They wanted to use Yovan to clean off the pirates, preferably, the two sides would kill each other off.

However, not only did Yovan exterminate the pirates all, he even made a target of the World Government directly after.

If Im didn't see it coming, if they didn't prepare and transferred the World Nobles away, then it'd be a massacre.

[Devil Fruit: Kakin Kakin no Mi, Model: World Crow: 9240/∞]

Fortunately, they prepared enough, and Yovan seemed to have lost his reason, else things wouldn't have been so easy, but they were still tense.

They could see no World where someone would be able to survive the combination of these golden beams, but this was Yovan, so although they were doubtful, they still kept an eye out.

[Devil Fruit: Kakin Kakin no Mi, Model: World Crow: 9350/∞]

"We need only survive this, and no one else will able to threaten the World Government," One of the five individuals said, perhaps confronting himself. Even they, the Five Elders were uncertain and even fearful of the existence of Yovan.

"It's okay, even if he survives, he won't be able to do anything," Another Elder added, "And remember, we aren't alone."

The World Government's biggest reliance has always been Im, the Ruler of the World, the one who stands at the top... Then again, this is Yovan.

Minutes passed before the beams faded away, leaving behind a massive hole in the ground, seemingly going miles deep.

The Elders could see nothing but darkness, and not a sign of Yovan. They were still apprehensive, and their observation Haki told them nothing about what lies before.

"S-Shall we go?" They had no choice but to go into the darkness, to jump into the abyss to make sure their greatest enemy is forever gone.

15