Chapter 191: I Against The World X
303 2 17
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

.................

Chapter 191: I Against The World X

.................

Punches rained upon Yovan, pushing him back and back, punches that would've killed the majority of people in the World, yet Yovan seemed to be barely affected, "Ahh, that's it?"

The taunt seemed to have made Luffy even more furious, "Gomu Gomu no King Kong Gun!!!" Still in his Gear 4 form, Luffy compressed his fist before blowing a large amount of air into his arm, drastically increasing its size, and unleashing it for a devastating blow. 

The size of the fist dwarfed Yovan, and it reeked of danger. It's after all one of his strongest moves.

The fist decompressed, reaching Yovan in an instant with such force it seemingly shook the space around him, sounding like it thundered as it collided with Yovan.

Even Yovan felt himself dizzy, although only for a split second as he was sent flying, so he unleashed his wings, his vast four pairs of dark wings which were now brimming with the radiance of the sun, releasing a force so overwhelming it halted his motion. 

It took only a moment for him to reappear before Luffy, face to face in the air as the latter prepared for another punch... Too late as Luffy found himself smacked to the melting ground by Yovan's wings.

Yovan's wings would go on to flutter, sending flying toward Luffy with his hand squeezed into a fist, concentrating the powers of Hasshoken, Haki, and the Sun into it.

"Huh?" And seemingly, before Yovan realized it, he found his head almost twisting sideways as a punch was planted on it, a punch rivaling the destructiveness of Luffy's, even surpassing it.

Yovan's attack against Luffy came to a halt as he was thrown far away by a vicious punch from an intruder, certainly not Im for that's not her style.

Yovan's wings fluttered again, halting his motion, although his jaw was still moving, in a stranger irregular way... It was broken.

He traced his eyes about, landing on the intruder, and well, Yovan couldn't help but smile, finding the situation to be lovely... Finally, he can fight someone he couldn't before.

He didn't face him when he fought against the Admirals, and he didn't appear previously, likely Dragon's doing.

"Really... Aghh, you're annoying," The intruder murmured with irritation before eyeing Luffy who was slowly standing up, "But... You've made a mistake."

Resolve was apparent on the intruder's face, a very familiar face to Luffy as the latter murmured with trembling lips, "Grandpa..."

Indeed, standing before Yovan was none other than the Marine vice Admiral, Monkey D. Garp, Dragon's father, and Luffy's grandfather, the Hero of the Marines.

"Hahah Yahahahaha, a mistake I would make every single time," Yovan chuckled as his jaw fixed itself, allowing him to speak coherently as he made his way to the two, and he didn't seem very interested in useless chatter.

He tapped the melting ground, his wings fluttering as he vanished, appearing before Garp with seemingly no intent to attack, making the old man even more cautious as he reflexively attacked.

There was only the sound of something akin to a sonic boom before Garp noticed that Yovan barely evaded his punch, lowering his stance a little bit before leaping toward him. 

If Yovan was to punch, he didn't get the opportunity to for as he once said, I Against The World, so naturally someone interfered again. Naturally, it was Luffy.

Yovan wasn't punched in the face this time as his wings protected him from the punch, but they also threw him away... Only to vanish again, teleporting behind Luffy. 

This time, however, it was Garp who interfered, stopping Yovan from attacking Luffy by attacking him, and the two's punches certainly hurt.

It turned into a game of cat and mouse, the two protecting each other while trying to put Yovan down, the latter seemingly unable to do anything to them.

Yet, "We can't keep this up," Garp suddenly said, and Luffy agreed. While they seemed to be winning, they were actually losing, slowly but surely.

The melting heat was exhausting them, steaming, and tired out of the continuous use of their Haki. They just had to keep their Haki up, otherwise, the heat about would melt them.

That, and they can barely, barely breathe, the heat seemingly annihilating all the oxygen in the air, and even hitting Yovan was exhausting for his wings were radiating waves of sun heat that almost melts through their Haki.

Suddenly, Yovan stop trying to attack them, standing before the two wary individuals, "It's time?" He murmured with interest as he noticed something.

[Irrational Survivor: 98%]

"Alright, let's end this..." Yovan spoke as he narrowed his eyes, vanishing yet again, ready to punch as he appeared above Garp.

However, he was met with Luffy's punch again, only this time, Yovan quickly turned his head and... Bit the punch, he bit the Haki-infused punch, shattering his teeth, and making him a bit dizzy but also allowing him to turn the tides.

Yovan pulled the stunned Luffy closer as he punched Garp to the ground, throwing Luffy upon him before spinning in the air, concentrating all his forces into a punch.

Garp reacted, albeit a bit too slow as he pulled Luffy away to take the hit head in his stead, crossing his arms together and focusing all of his Haki on them.

A dark golden wave spread far and wide from the source of the collision, and well, this part of the Red Line's fate has been set in stone.

The Red Line, or specifically, the Mary Gegoise was in ruins, dust everywhere, slowly fading away to show the scenery of an ever madder Luffy standing before Yovan.

He was standing between Yovan and Garp who was on his knees, his arms all fucked up, bleeding profusely.

The old man protected Luffy, and now it was time for the other way around as a very different Luffy stood before Yovan with a chilling expression.

Luffy's hair was flailing around, wavy and white unlike its previously dark color, and most importantly, a flamy white sash was hovering around him, the signs of Zoan Awakening.

17