Chapter 3 – Yuki
12 0 0
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

It's been a week since then and things have been going too smoothly.

It was easy. I didn't need to call out to him because he always knew when I needed him. It felt weird at first but as it went on, I've started depending on him as if it was normal for us.

But lately, this scene has been looping in my head. I think it's a memory.

The boy seemed younger than what he currently looked like. His desk was at the corner of the class and he sat there quietly with his chin on his palm.

He noticed my stare and quickly turned to look at me and called out to me.

...ki!...Yuki!!

Gasp

"What are you spacing out for? An airhead as always, huh?"

The boy laughed.

He looked charming as usual.

'Usual', I've been using that word but I can't tell why.

I should ask him...

"Why..."

"Hm?"

"Why do you feel so familiar yet I don't know your name? Why does everything you do feel so normal, so...nostalgic to me? We know each other, no doubt. But what is this, what are we?"

"..."

He doesn't answer. He just stares at me with his innocent look, and laughs.

"You don't need to know. Not until you're ready."

I couldn't hear well as he whispered the latter of the sentence.

"What?"

"Oh, it's nothing but trust me, it's not time yet."

...

Days turn into weeks, weeks into months, then a year.

No matter how many times I asked, he wouldn't tell me.

Who? What? Why?

Recently, he doesn't even try to answer it.

I've given up at this point.

Maybe we both did.

I decided to name the boy, 'Tama' since he looked like a puppy.

Sounds mean but it's his fault for not telling me anything.

"Hey, Tama."

I nudged him with my elbow.

"That's mean, Yuki."

I ignored his protest though it was too gentle to be one, I did like the way he said my name.

"If you aren't going to answer my question, why don't you tell me something about yourself instead? I'm getting tired asking the same questions everytime."

"Hmm...The name you called me."

"Huh?"

"You've called me that before, 'Tama'."

"...Did I? Why?"

"...Because I looked like a puppy."

"!?"

"Especially when I was younger, I was shorter so I guess I looked more like a puppy to you. Haha, it was fun...it really was."

...

I didn't ask anything after that.

I was too afraid to acknowledge that something was wrong with this situation...about us.

---

If you would like to support me!

Here's my Kofi ⊂⁠(⁠・⁠▽⁠・⁠⊂⁠)

0