Paranoid Trap Chapter 1 [Revised]
455 0 1
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Jing Xian strolled round the store selling stuffed animals and looked at each of them carefully. His eyes were narrowed with handsome eyebrows furrowed lightly as he looked at them like an inspector or researcher.

The store assistants looked at the handsome young man who had a serious expression as be shopped for stuffed animals. He would pick each one and examine them closely like he was looking for illegal drugs hidden in them. They frequently threw glances over at him.

After looking through each of them, Jing Xian did not find a stuffed animal he took a fancy to. He felt no desire to have any of those despite them being cute and cuddly.

He felt disappointed as he left the store. As soon as he walked out, he saw something that caught his attention.

The little thing was dressed in a fluffy white sweater and a white puffer jacket. She wore white furry earmuffs with cute bear ears. He face was white and tender and the tip of her nose looked red as she nibbled on spicy rice cake strips cutely.

Jian Xian felt that this was what he was looking for earlier. Very cute, very cuddly. He wanted it!

***

Nian Gao stood at a corner eating spicy rice cake strips. A couple of people passed by, maybe some even glanced at her wierdly but she didn't care. She had to finish eating the spicy strips quickly so she could go home.

You ask why she didn't eat it at home? Well darling, it's a long story.

She finished eating the last spicy rice cake strip and threw away the garbage carefully dusting her hands clean. She fished inside her bag for a paper towel and cleaned her mouth and fingers with it before tossing it into the bin too. Then she sprayed perfume all over herself.

When she had accomplished the whole 'skit' skillfully, she lowered her head and sniffed to make sure there were no 'criminal evidence' left before lightly skipping home.

As soon as she entered the house, she saw the formidable Mother Nian sitting on the sofa eating spicy rice cake. She asked, "GaoGao, are you feeling better from your cold?"

While changing her shoes, Nian Gao replied, "Better."

"GaoGao, you've been falling sick these days. Your physique isn't good with you playing out in the cold and eating that damned spicy strips. You should exercise from time to time." Mother Nian said spiritedly as she put the spicy rice cake in her mouth.

Nian Gao who was putting on her slippers immediately had selective hearing and turned to flee to her bedroom to avoid the conversation.

Nian-Spicy-Rice-Cake-Gao had never liked to exercise. She would always feel dizzy whenever she tried to and it hurt like hell. So if her parent mentioned it, shed act like she didn't hear.

"Wait!" her Mother suddenly called out.

Nian Gao paused feeling nervous. "What's the matter?"

Mother Nian walked closer to her and every step made Nian Gao more nervous. She had covered the incriminating evidence, her mother definitely won't find out.

Mother Nian sniffed around her daughter. In the next second, she frowned, "Did you eat spicy rice cake strips again?"

"No! No! Absolutely not!"

Mother Nian held her ear and pulled fiercely looking at her with a stern expression.

"You are lying! My nose isn't clogged. Gao, I told you many times. You can't eat junk food. Spicy strips! Spicy strips! You want to be buried with it! Those things are harmful for your body!"

"Mama, I'm wrong. I'm wrong! I won't eat anymore!"

Mother Nian let go, "What if you eat it again?"

"If I eat it again... I'll go... I'll go to the gym to exercise." she hurriedly promised.

Her Mother sized her up in contempt."Hmmph! That's what you said yourself. If you eat spicy strips again, you'll go to the gym to exercise!"

Nian Gao nodded heavily.

How could she forsake spicy strips? It's impossible! Impossible to do it in her while lifetime!

Nevermind, she would just make sure her mother doesn't catch her again.

However—

A week later, Nian Gao had gone shopping with Xiao Qian and the other's when she met her mother who was also shopping with her friends.

At that time, Nian-Spicy-Rice-Cake-Gao had two hands full of spicy strips, a mouth full of spicy strips and a brain declaring loyalty to the sovereignty of spicy strips.

When she met her Mother's gaze, she gulped the entire thing at once.

Aiya! Trouble!

The same night, Mother Nian threw a card to her. "This is your gym membership card. Go there tomorrow."

Nian Gao held the smooth card with both hands and suddenly wanted to cry without tears.

It's okay if she breaks it, right?

*

*

First chapter... Those who read the original book, is this one good???

1