Chapter 1: Origin
187 0 2
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Earth—XXXXX

Stark Arena — Seoul, South Korea

The security guard stopped the person next in line at the back entrance of Stark Arena.

"You are not allowed to enter through this line without a special pass."

The red-head girl, wearing pink crop top and white jeans, standing at the back entrance was annoyed by what the security guard said but she was still patient with him.

"Sir, I left my pass with my manager who is inside the arena. Would you be kind enough let me go through. See, there is a photo of me with my group at the notice board."

The security guard looked towards the direction where the girl was pointing at. He noticed a pamphlet stuck at the notice board. It was group photo of a K-pop idol group called 4L1T who was going to perform their debut performance. There he saw a girl in the group with similar resemblance to the girl standing front of him.

"Are you from the group 4L1T ?"

"Yes, I'm Minni from 4L1T."

She was Min Jee, who was a member of a group called 4L1T with members Jin Soo, Hae Won and Seol Hee taking the stage name Minni. The group was founded by a special academy called International Music School of the Gifted.  

"Even though you from that group you still need a pass to enter. Why don't you call your manager. He can bring your pass here."

Minni stood aside while allowing others to enter and called her manager.

"Won Song oppa, where are you? The security guard is not allowing me to enter without a pass. Can you please come to the back entrance."

"Okay Minni, just wait for five minutes while i settle the others down."

The manager, Dong Won Song, arrived to the place where Minni was after ten minutes. 

"Sorry Minni, it took some time to settle the others down. Anyway let's go inside."

The manager showed the security guard his and Minni's pass. Then the security guard allowed them to enter through the back entrance.

After they reached the waiting room, Hae Won said.

"Where were you? Manager oppa was going to search for you but I stopped him and told him that you would call him. Why do you always get lost. You just had to follow behind us."

"Sorry unnie." 

Seol Hee, Luna, hugged Minni from behind.

"It's fine. At the end of the day you found your way back. Hae Won, don't be mad at her anymore. We have our performance coming up."

"Ok, since you say so."

Jin Soo, the youngest member of the group, asked the manager.

"Oppa, I heard that they are using some new machines today that will make us look more ethereal."

"Yes, it is true. But they say it is experimental in nature. Therefore, I don't think it is safe to use it where lots of people are gathering thus…"

Hae Won interjected.

"Let's not talk about bad things here oppa. Girls, you remember your lines right?"

The other three girls replied at the same time.

"Yes."

After waiting for the next half an hour, a staff member came inside the waiting room.

"You girls are up in ten minutes. Come to the backstage."

Then he just went away without even taking another glance at them.

"Rude."

"Minni, you shouldn't say that to them."

"But oppa…"

Minni became quiet. Hae Won then turned around and said to the girls.

"This is our debut performance. Lets give our best."

They reached the backstage and waited for the announcement.

The staff next to them gave the group the signal to go to the stage. The announcement started after the signal.

"Stark Industries welcomes the winners of the Idol Origins Contest, The Incredible 4L1T!"

The group entered the stage while singing and the crowd cheered.

"Blooms in the moonlight, Oh! ... X2

Let's go ... X2

A voice that lights up the darkest night

Somewhere from afar I hear a melody

I feel the power when I sing for you

I feel the magic when it makes my heart beat

I feel it, do you remember that night?

I feel it, do you remember that night

…."

<CONTROL ROOM>

"Stand by, special effects 23 through 26."

A lady entered the control room which interrupted the man giving instructions and said to the intruder.

"Uh. Sorry, ma'am. You're not supposed to be in the control room. I'm going to have to ask you to leave …"

The lady pointed her right hand towards the man and shot the man with a electric stun gun which made the man unconscious. Then she, who was in a black with yellow stripes suit, entered the room with her minions who were wearing yellow hazmat suit. 

"Status update requested."

One of her minions replied.

"The Trojan Horse Program in the devices you sold them have started shutting down the arena's security system, ma'am."

"Good. You may proceed on my mark." 

The lady, who was leader and infiltrated the control room with her minions, is Jae Hwa Kwak. She was also known as Joro Spider. She is an agent of an organization called A.I.M (Advanced Idea Mechanics). It is an organization who plans to overthrow the governments of the world through technological means. This time, they have targeted South Korea because of the cold fusion energy.

"The Stark Arena runs on cold fusion energy. It's one of the most elegant systems I've ever seen. A true marvel of nuclear engineering, only accessible when the stadium is active. Imagine what good that kind of technology could do in our hands, instead of powering little light shows like this."

After checking everything is working as intended, she continued.

"Find the stabilizer cores and take them. I'll buy us time."

"But ma'am… if we take the cores, won't that destroy the arena? What about all the people watching the concert?"

"Ah, this is your first mission, isn't it? Now's as good a time as any to learn that sometimes…one must make sacrifices in the name of scientific progress."

After saying that, she utilized her electric stun gun attached to her arm and fried the systems in the control room.

<STAGE> 

The stage lights above the group started to shake while they were performing. The loosening of the screws made a screeching sound which was heard by both Luna and Minni. When both of them noticed the stage lights, without any hesitation, Luna jumped towards Hae Won whereas Minni went towards Jin Soo to protect them.

"Unnie (Hae Won) are you ok?"

"Maknae (Jin Soo) are you hurt anywhere?"

Hae Won just nodded her head and Jin Soo just said a simple 'yes' still shaken by the event but before they could get there bearings a lady in suit came on stage while clapping.

"Apologies for interrupting the concert everyone. Just stay calm and don't move. Follow our orders and no one needs to get hurt."

Luna who was about to say something became dazed as she saw Minni punching at one of minions. But Minni failed as the minion kicked on her stomach. Then the minion kicked her again which made Minni fly almost a meter. Joro Spider just looked at her then said.

"Tch…Tch… why does no one follow what I say. Anyway where was I…. Ah, yes…"

Before Joro Spider could continue Luna interrupted.

"Who are you? What do you want?"

"You're full of questions but I'm not in the mood to be interviewed."

Joro Spider then turned toward her minions and said.

"Keep them out of my way. Put them where they can't cause trouble." 

"Yes ma'am."

The minions then shot their electric gun towards Hae won and Jin soo which made them unconscious. When another minion was going to shoot towards Minni who was lying while clutching her stomach, Luna came in-between the gun and her.

"Stop it! Leave them alone!"

"Out of the way, little girl."

"No, I'm not scared of you."

Since the girl was not listening, the minions who were behind them captured both Luna And Minni.

"Let go of me!"

"Seol Hee!"

"Min Jee!"

Joro Spider was intrigued by the tow girls.

"Interesting. Bring those two here."

The minions brought those two near Joro Spider as they were resisting and trying to get themselves free.

"Min Jee(Minni) and Seol Hee(Luna), was it? I'm impressed by your recklessness Min Jee and by your courage Seol Hee. So as a reward… I'll let you two stay conscious and watch your other friends freeze to death. Throw them in the Cyro-Reactor."

Seol Hee(Luna) shouted towards Joro Spider.

"Stop don't do this! Please let them go!"

"I'm gonna kill you!"

Minni growled.

"Settle down little girls…"

The minion threw all the members inside the Cyro-reactor one by one.

Then one of the minion said to the conscious members.

"It'll be over before you know it." 

They locked the Cyro-reactor from the outside.

Then the minions started to gather around all the audiences. and making sure no disturbs their operation.

The group stayed inside the Cyro-Reactor a few minutes.

Luna then started banging towards the lid and shouting.

"Let me out!"

"LET ME OUT!"

Minni who was lying because of the pain stood up and said to her.

"Calm down no one can hear you. That lady in suit was right, I was being reckless and should have thought before attacking them and ……"

"Shit…Stop it Minni, I don't want to listen to your inner ramblings at this moment. Fuck…. it's so cold here."

"If we don't get out, we're all going to die…."

"No, stop it Minni…you can't think like that! We will find a way out and help the others."

"Get your priorities straight Luna. First, we have to help ourselves by finding a way out, then only you can think about anything else."

"But my grandma is outside…"

Minni went towards one of the nodes the Cyro-reactor started tapping it.

"What are you doing Minni?"

"Just searching for something which can help us."

"Let me also help you to break out of this reactor and when I do…Shit…who the hell designed this thing? No handles… no seams…"

Cold electrical charges were coming out of the nodes of the reactor.

"What…?"

The reactor then blasted a wave of cold energy which affected both Minni and Luna. who were close to it. Minni lost her consciousness after being hit by the wave for a while whereas Luna's one eye iris and one side of her hair became white in color. 

Luna dint lose her consciousness and was able to control ice at the palm of her hands which amazed her. Then she noticed the reactor was about to explode and saw her friends unconscious. She let out her energy which she just gained access to and blasted off the lid and the reactor. 

The minions who were working outside were stunned when a wave of ice went towards them. The one's near the reactor slightly froze because of the ice.

Luna helped the group by carrying them out one by one. The other members slowly started to gain consciousness, last being Minni. When Minni woke up, she saw Luna keeping the enemy at bay with the help of her new awakened cytokinesis power. But Minni also felt the same sort of power flowing through her veins. Minni tried and her entire palm was covered with ice. Minni was going to explore more but was interrupted by Jin soo's shout.

"Seol Hee(Luna), watch out?"

The minions started firing there guns towards Luna but she blocked it by creating a ice wall enough to cover her and her friends. 

Luna then turned towards her friends and said.

"Is everyone okay?"

"Killer headache, but I'm alive."

"Seol Hee, your hair..."

"What? What's wrong with my hair?"

Minni remained quiet during this conversation and just stared at her while trying to see whether her hair also turned white in some parts. But nothing of that sort was visible to her which was a relief. At the same time, the group heard the breaking of ice.

Joro Spider then walked through the ice wall and stood in front of the group. Then she said.

"Well that's new. How IRRITATING." 

Joro tried to punch Luna with her spiked mandible on her left hand but she dodged. Then she kicked Luna which she blocked.

"This was suppose to be a SIMPLE mission. Get in. Get the cores. Get out. But for some reason, you're determined to complicate it. You're an entertainer not a hero."

Joro Spider kept on attacking Luna while she was only able to defend. Therefore, Luna thought the only way defeat her was to freeze her whole. But Luna was not able to implement it because she was bouncing here and there.

Then suddenly Joro Spider stopped in her tracks. Joro looked towards her legs and saw that her feet and ankle was covered in ice. Luna who noticed that she stopped for some inexplainable reason, she dint waste her time and started freezing Joro from bottom to top. What both Luna and Joro failed to noticed that there was third combatant who helped Luna by stopping Joro in her tracks, was in fact Minni. She didn't involve herself in the fight and just watched both them battle it out and only helping Luna when she was on the losing side.

Joro then shouted to Luna.

"What? What is this?"

"I'm not trying to be a hero. Just because I'm not one… doesn't mean I can't stand up to people like you."

"Ugh…Tch….What a pain. I suppose I have no choice. Suit, sent instructions to all nearby members to kidnap one from the group of four on stage and disconnect safety protocols. Overload energy signals."

Then the suit overloaded its energy and gave a small explosion which spread towards the group. Luna protected the group by creating another ice wall. When the smoke cleared the way after the explosion, Luna went towards the direction were Joro was and only saw some scraps of metal lying around. 

"She's gone… who was she? Is everyone okay?"

Luna who was about to turn around saw their manager coming towards the stage with her grandmother.

"Dong Won manager-nim, how did you find my grandmother? And grandma are you okay?"

"I recognized because I saw her picture in your mobile phone before and so I brought her here."

"Yes, I'm fine my grand-daughter. Don't worry…"

Minni interjected their happy conversation.

"It's fine that Luna's grandmother is all right but Hae won is missing."

Minni said this while biting her lips so hard that she was able to taste blood in her mouth.

Both Luna and the manager reacted to that.

"WHAT!!!" 

The audience who were not aware of the situation kept cheering for their new savior.

"LUNA SNOW! LUNA SNOW! LUNA SNOW!"

Among the audience, one girl who was wearing purple glasses looked towards Minni instead of Luna and murmured.

"Interesting."

2