Knock Knock Surprise!
64 0 0
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Batman returned to the Batcave, he had just refused Ross to his face and he knew it was but a matter of time before the UN decided warrants were no longer enough and decided to bring him in themselves.

Aside the UN Batman's attention was on Banner pulling up the files on the Bat computer, Batman eyes focused on the peripheral scans on the brain revealed the Thalamus was active. In addition to a few other things it was clear as day that Banner was dreaming and that caused Batman to feel a pit in his stomach.

"Oracle, perform a scan. See if our systems were breached from any external sources"

"Yes sir" Oracle voice was heard as Batman waited for her diagnosis. He hoped he was just being overly paranoid because if he was right the Avengers were in serious trouble. "My scans conclude there have been no such breach in my systems" Oracle's words lessened his doubt but a hint of it remained as he glanced at Banner's scans.

"Asking about security breaches? Should I be worried sir?" Sebastian spoke as he placed a tray of refreshments upon a table. 

"Just something about Banner's scans that drive my thoughts to certain things", realizing just what it was that Jeffery was referring to Sebastian's voice gained a bit of levity. "Do you believe someone has gained access to them?"

"I hope not"

"Hmm, well I'm here to remind you that the world needs Jeffery King just as much as it needs Batman. You have a meeting scheduled in 20 minutes and seeing as it concerns the fate of the company, I don't recommend you skip this one". Jeff gave Sebastian a look before letting out a sigh and getting to his feet. 

--------
The remaining Avengers were discussing what Ross had brought to them in the Avengers compound with all of them gathered in a room the accords on a table positioned in the center of the room where each of them had an eye on it.

"Tony, someone dies on your watch, you don't give up." Steve spoke up after the room wet silent after Tony brought up a young man who had died during the incident at Sokovia.

"Who said we're giving up?" Tony directing a challenging look at Steve, "We are if we're not taking responsibility for our actions. This document just shifts the blame." Steve argued back but his words caused Rhodes to cut in.

"I'm sorry. Steve. That - that is dangerously arrogant. This is the United Nations we're talking about. It's not the World Security Council, it's not SHIELD, it's not HYDRA."

"No, but it's run by people with agendas, and agendas change. And you believe in that same sentiment, if not you wouldn't have been silent about Banner when Ross asked", Rhodey held his tongue after hearing Steve's last words.

"That was low Steve, don't bring up Banner. Not now" At Tony's words Steve turned to Nat whose face had hardened once more, "sorry" he apologized realizing he had indeed said the wrong thing. "Back to the agendas, I say that's good. That's why I'm here. When I realized what my weapons were capable of in the wrong hands, I shut it down and stop manufacturing."

"Tony, you chose to do that. If we sign this, we surrender our right to choose. What if this panel sends us somewhere we don't think we should go? What if there is somewhere we need to go, and they don't let us? We may not be perfect, but the safest hands are still our own."

"Safest hands, our own. Dude I mean I understand the public, Bats took down the internet in a snap." Sam joined in, "I don't think you understand the consequences of his actions, lots of people died cap, lots. Do you have any idea how many businesses collapsed, some nations are still in a state of civil unrest because of what he did."

The whole room took on a somber tone after Sam's reminder. "And sure, we could say he did it to stop Ultron from escaping on to the internet. But come on are we honestly saying there was no better way to do that"

"That's why they want the Batman" Vision spoke up

"For now," Tony's words got everyone to turn back to him. "If we don't do this now, it's not just Batman anymore. It's gonna be done to us later. That's the fact. That won't be pretty. Bat's opened a can of worms that can't be put back"

Pietro frowned at Tony's words, "You make it seem like it was all Batman, but you made Ultron. We... we helped him."

"No one is blaming Bats kid. Yeah we all did stuff to make the big guys keep both eyes on us, but Bats crossed a line. They're no longer thinking the pros outweigh the cons"

"You're saying they'll come for me." Wanda spoke in a barely audible whisper, but her words spurned Pietro to his feet as he moved towards her side. "No one is coming for you, they'd have to go through me first okay"

"He is right. We would protect you." Vision added

"Maybe Tony's right." Nat spoke suddenly causing all the Avengers to turn to her surprised. 

"If we have one hand on the wheel, we can still steer. If we take it off -" "What about Banner, cause the smart guys still don't know how to wake him up. If we sign that thing they're going to want to know about Banner, if not the UN then Ross what then?" Sam cut in causing Nat to turn to him with a frosty look, which quickly turned to conflicted.

"I'm just . . . I'm reading the terrain. We have made . . . some very public mistakes. We need to win their trust back. If not the next time they come here it won't be with files" Nat made her thoughts known.

"Focus up. I'm sorry, did I just mishear you or did you agree with me?" Tony snarked as he gained a smug look caused Romanoff to sigh "Oh, I want to take it back now."

"No, no, no. You can't retract it. Thank you. Unprecedented. Okay, case closed--I win."

------

At the Stacy's home Gwen was helping her mom with the dishes as the discussed her internship with King industries.

Their conversation however was cut short by a knock at the front door, the two exchanged glances before Gwen called out "don't worry I've got it". As she made her way to the door Gwen called out.

"Who is it?" but all she gained in response was a playful "knock knock" the voice was a strangely high pitched one which caused Gwen to furrow her brow as she pondered on who was at the door. Once she opened the door however her eyes widened in alarm, before her stood none other than the Green Goblin.

"Surprise!!" *Bang!

0