The Black Swan Club
143 0 2
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Sebastian came out of another building with a disappointed look on his face. He had began his search since the sun had risen up in the sky but he had turned out with nothing. As he sat back in his car he pulled out his journal and crossed out a name.

His eyes moved to the next on the list a 'Black Swan club' and muttered to himself. "Lets hope you're here" with those words said he started his car and drove off. With the vexation that was New York traffic, Sebastian arrived at the Black Swan Club half an hour later.

Once he stepped out of the car he took note of his surroundings, which spoke a lot of the class of people who lived in this neighborhood. Locking the car he crossed the street and arrived before the doors of what was the Black Swan Club, with no one present he opened the door and made his way in.

Inside he saw the workers cleaning up the place and stocking up, he motioned to call out to one of them when he felt a presence behind himself. Turning around he laid eyes on a young woman who had platinum silver hair, and striking green eyes. "Sorry but we are closed come back later", she told him in a polite manner.

"Oh no, I'm here to speak with Eve." Sebastian took note of how the young lady's face hardened despite maintaining her polite smile. He gained an inward smirk at her reaction to the name Eve, he was most definitely in the right place. "What's your relationship with the boss?"

"I'm an old friend", the girl quirked a brow at that but told him to remain still as she went off to tell Eve. Not long after she left she returned and led him to an office where Eve sat behind her desk, "my, my, my, Sebastian." Eve smirked at his arrival before turning to the girl, "you can leave us Felicia, make sure we are not disturbed".

Felicia nodded before heading out and leaving the two alone.

"Hello Captain, its been a while", "Eve you look just as radiant as ever" Sebastian complimented as he took a seat before her. Eve merely smiled at that, "scotch?" Sebastian considered it for a second before acquiescing. A small thud was heard as Eve placed to glasses on the table and proceeded to fill them up with scotch.

The two shared a comfortable silence as they downed the glasses. "I'll admit Sebastian, I didn't expect to see you again really." She tilted her head once she said this, "I'd be even more happy if I didn't know you were not just here to see me."

"What makes you think so?" Sebastian had returned the empty glass to the table.

"Lets not play these games Sebastian, we are too old for them. What does the dark knight want?" Her words were the truth yet Sebastian had no idea why he felt a sting in his chest. "Do you by any chance have any clue on the Vulture".

"Ah the Vulture" Eve traced her finger around the mouth of her glass, "I guess it was only a matter of time before he drew the attention of the Batman. Though I'm curious..." Eve leaned forward resting her chin on her hands, "does the Batman have the time to go after criminals in the current circumstances.

"He is Batman", Sebastian uttered the phrase Jeffrey was so quick to use to explain all his actions. "Three words and it seems to answer all, Hm."

"I unfortunately have no idea where the vulture's nest is, I do however know where he is going to be".

****

Jeff sported a smile as he and Hill had lunch together.

"We should do this more often". Maria quickly agreed to Jeff's words, "we should".

"What's wrong" Jeff questioned once he took note of the expression on Maria's face. "There is a lot of talk... upstairs", Jeff leaned back at her words, "It was expected." "I don't think you full understand Jeff. The increased number of enhanced individuals has long caught the eye of those in power."

"With the New York incident, alongside the many other threats the Avengers has been dealing. Their hands were tied in many ways as the public was on your side, now however...." the worry in her voice was no longer hidden. "With Ultron as well as what you did with internet. The Avengers don't really have a lot of friends with the public especially the Batman."

"Each and every day the talks get longer. I'm worried that one of these days these talks will devolve to action."

Jeff reached out to squeeze Maria's hand, "don't worry about it, I'm Batman remember. Taking me down isn't so easy." Maria scoffed at the smug expression Jeff had on his face, "I'm Batman, is that your response to everything?"

Jeff proceeded to give her a look which caused her to burst out laughing. The were no more talks to dour the mood until Hill was gone. Once alone in his office Jeff gained a grim look, the talks of those in power, he knew what that led to in the future.

Now however with his actions, Jeff could not help but wonder.

What will happen?

2