c499
113 0 4
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

It was a beautiful night with beautiful moonlight when the charcoal truck arrived in the imperial capital.

At the Bardia mansion, Carlo, the butler, welcomes us with the maids.

It's been a few months since I've been here.

"Rid. We will go to the Imperial Castle first thing tomorrow morning. Get a good night's rest."

"Thank you, Father."

Father said, "I'm going to the office," and walked quickly.

"Rid-sama, it has been a while."

I turned around to see a young girl of the rat tribe dressed in the maid's uniform of the Bardia mansion standing there.

"Long time no see? Oh, I see. It's been a few months since I've seen Sylvia directly like this, huh?"

"Yes, . We have often spoken to each other through the communication magic, but I have not seen your face since we first met in Bardia Territory."

She narrowed her eyes and smiled, showing her white double teeth.

Sylvia is a member of the 2nd Order of the Knights' Information Division, and is Salvia's younger sister and the second of three sisters.

She works at the Bardia residence in the Imperial Capital.

By having personnel in the capital who can use communication magic, she can communicate with the Bardia territory as well as obtain information about the capital.

The advantage of being able to obtain information about the capital is of great value.

When the father goes to the capital for political matters, it is also possible to call him through Silvia.

"But why are you wearing a maid's uniform?"

'Oh, this is an order from Master Rainer and Master Carlo. This is because wearing the uniform of the second order in the imperial capital would be noticeable. I also work as a 'maid' at the Bardia mansion.

Silvia bowed her head in reverence.

"Hm. I am very pleased with the way you look now."

Diana, who was standing by, was impressed by her words and actions and overflowed with smiles.

When the children of the beastmen tribe, including Sylvia in front of me, had just arrived in the Bardia territory, most of them did not even know how to be polite or use proper language.

Most of them had been living in slum-like places, so it was only natural.

I guess I was deeply moved by the fact that it was Diana and the other maids who patiently guided them.

Oh, Miss Deanna. It's been a while.

'...... I told you to stop calling me that.'

Diana's eyebrows twitched, but Sylvia smiled without seeming to mind.

"Hehehe.I have learned many things from everyone, including Carlo. But the basics are thanks to Miss Diana and others who taught me."

"I see. Then, from now on, you should improve your manners so that you can live up to the name of the Second Order."

"Yes!"

Sylvia's carefree reply made Diana smile with embarrassment.

I coughed as I smiled at their smiling exchange.

"Then, Sylvia. May I ask you to show me to my room soon?"

"Excuse me."

She bowed and began to walk as if leading me and Diana.

"I was wondering if Dinas-sama would be coming later."

Sylvia's voice, walking in front of me, cut me off, "No."

"Dinas was busy reorganizing the Knights in Bardia territory. This time, Rubens was leading the convoy."

On this visit to the imperial capital, it was Rubens who led the convoy of knights.

Dinas, the leader of the group, has remained in the territory and is working with Garn to restock and reorganize the knightly order members.

It is said that it takes time to select many candidates to become a knight of the Knights of Bardia, not only because of their ability and personality, but also because of the need to conduct background checks to prevent agents of other countries from mixing in.

However, it seems that Dinas has a good eye for people, and father seems to place a lot of trust in him.

It seems that the title of Knight Commander is not a title he has earned.

"Oh, that's right. Rubens is now deputy commander, right? Well then, Diana."

"Are you going to get married soon, Diana?"

"......Why are you talking like that?"

"What? Because from our point of view, the two of you are famous for being toothsome. It's natural to be curious."

Diana replies with a look of dismay, but Sylvia happily listens in return.

"Yes, I've been feeling the toothiness from my perspective, . But there has been progress, you know?"

"Really?"

Sylvia, reacting to my words, stopped and turned around with great energy.

"Rid-sama. The details have not been finalized yet. I am afraid I must ask you not to spread the news too much."

"Oh, I see. I'm sorry."

I bowed lightly, and Diana let out a sigh with a resigned look on her face.

"Please keep this matter confidential."

"Yes, of course!"

Sylvia nodded, and Diana blushed a little and scratched her cheek.

"......In the meantime, the marriage has been finalized. We will have another ceremony after the postwar reconstruction and the Knights have settled down."

"Oh, Rubens-sama. You finally showed your worthiness. Congratulations."

One more word is superfluous. But thank you, Sylvia. "

Diana smiled shyly.

The other day, the "Memorial Ceremony for the Fallen" was held in the Bardia territory.

On that night, Rubens called Diana to the place where she became his lover and renewed the marriage proposal that he had refused at the narrow fortress.

By the way, it is said that Rubens was quite aggressive at that time and embraced Diana as much as he could along with his marriage proposal.

"I will say it again. I love you. I need you. Diana, I will not let you go until you accept me this time."

"I am sorry about that time, but I won't leave you either."

"......⁉ Oh, I won't let you go."

"I'll always be with you."

How did he know about the exchange between the two?

The reason is that I received a "detailed report" from the children of the special service in charge of the security of the territory.

Usually, they would have noticed the existence of the special agency, but they seem to have immersed themselves in their own world.

The children of the special service agency have been told to report in secret any unusual and suspicious behavior, even by members of the Knights of Bardia.

Indeed, Rubens' behavior in the report was different from what he had been used to.

Well, half of it must have been a prank by the children of the special agency.

It would be like the special service kids were patrolling and happened to see the interaction between the two of them.

When I first read through the report, I spewed out a mouthful of tea.

Note that the confession and passionate embrace between Rubens and Diana is only a small portion of the first in the report.

The report describes a pattern of love and affection in such a straightforward manner that it makes my face heat up when I read it.

It seems that there is a girl in the special service who is surprisingly gifted in writing.

In any case, when I told them about the report and confirmed the facts, to Rubens and Deanna's dismay, it was amazing.

They immediately agreed to get married.

"Master Rid's room is this way, please."

"Oh, I see we're here already. Thank you for leading the way."

When I entered the room, she stood in front of the door and smiled, showing her white double teeth.

"I know you have a lot of work to do tomorrow, Master Rid, but please do your best."

"......? Yes, thank you."

"Now, if you'll excuse me."

Sylvia bows and turns on her heel, and Deanna, who has unloaded the luggage she was carrying inside the room, also leaves the room.

"Then, I'll take my leave too."

Yes, I'm glad you're here. Thanks to you too, Diana."

I was alone and stretched my body, "Hmmm."

Anyway, I wonder what Sylvia meant when she said 'a lot of work'.

Does she mean the interactions with the nobles and royalty at the Imperial Castle? I tried to think about it, but could not come up with an answer.

Or rather, I am so tired from the long trip that I can't think straight.

Let's go to bed for today.

So I changed into my pajamas, lay down on my bed, and slowly closed my eyes.

4